main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your rating of AOTC from 1-10 (10 being the hightest and 1 the lowest)?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Gon_Jinnobi, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gurufett

Gurufett Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    1. TESB: 10/10
    2. AOTC: 9/10
    3. ANH: 9/10
    4. TPM: 8/10
    5: ROTJ: 8/10

2. BenK

BenK Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 26, 2002
    TPM: 7/10
    AOTC: 9/10
    ANH:8/10
    ESB:9/10
    ROTJ:9/10

Am saving the 10/10 for the ULTIMATE SW movie of all time.....

3. Hurricane Vader

Hurricane Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 13, 1999
    Star Wars is back!

9.5 / 10

4. sidious1000

sidious1000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2001
    Seen it two times gonna go see it again in 20 hours, it would have been better it see it spoiler free so i am going spoiler free for episode three, anyways my rating
    AOTC = 10
    ESB = 10
    ROTJ = 10
    ANH = 10
    TPM = 10

Still my favorite are AOTC and ESB but i love all the movies, WHAT ARE THOSE CRITICS SMOKING

5. DARTHSIKNAS

DARTHSIKNAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    I was so hyper afterwards i got anouther ticket and went straight back in,2 showings back to back.
    The only bogeys for me were the couch scene and not enough DARTH TYRANNUS!

6. DarthViper

DarthViper Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    The love story was poorly written and dialogue was horrible. The saber choreography was bad. I did like Yodas fight scene however. I might have to see it a few more times. I hated RToJ when it came out but now I love it. I was to hyped and my expectations were way to when I first saw Jedi. I thought episode one was great,it was like a roller coaster ride and I enjoyed the fight choreography. I dunno guys, something about this one that just didnt seem very good. The love story was awful, the dialogue between them was strange. It wasnt the actors that I didnt like but the script for thier affair seemed really bad.

7. DARTHSIKNAS

DARTHSIKNAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 14, 2002
    Yeah Anikan seemed like an obsessed stalker out of nowhere in the couch scene and they sat silent for a few seconds before there was speech.The honourable representative of the SITH forwards the motion that GL is a virgin and has no experience with even talking to the fairer sex.It was painful as sitting on a lightsabre and flippin the switch.
    THE REST WAS TOP NOTCH AND WILL SEE LUCAS LET LIVE TO MAKE EP3.

8. R2-D2_Fan

R2-D2_Fan Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
  9. yodamountieman99

yodamountieman99 Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2002

Love story was rushed (the dvd deleted scenes with anakin meeting padmes family will help this) thought Mace Windu got the shaft with only 4 minutes of fight time..i thought the most suprisinly enjoyable scene was the conveyor belt scene, it was excellent

10. Doo-Kimmie

Doo-Kimmie Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2001
    9.95, absolutely.

I too would like to have seen Padme's family scenes but otherwise, the film is fantastic!

11. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    1. TPM = 6
    2. AOTC = 10
    3. ANH = 9
    4. ESB = 10
    5. ROTJ = 7

May be the best SW film yet.

12. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    11. You see most scales only go up to 10. But this one goes up to 11. So its one higher isn't it?

13. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I've seen it 2x now. I'm pretty much completely happy. It definately exceeded all of my expectations. Just a few minor gripes:
    1. The butchering of the soundtrack.
    2. Re-used sound for blasters etc..
    3. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE sound for Jango's pistols. Was I the only one that noticed this???

But if that was the worst I can complain about, the GL has done good.

My rating after 2x: 9.5

14. SmackFu4u

Apr 17, 2002
    LOL Force_Wielder! Who's in here? Noone, but over here theres a little guy....LOL!

15. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    This one goes to 11.

[image=http://www.spinaltap.com/video/thumbnails/11_sm.jpg]

16. LadyAnakinSkywalker

LadyAnakinSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 6, 2001
    10. :) Absolutely spectacular.

17. DarthSkeptical

DarthSkeptical Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 19, 2001
    I would have to agree with Spielberg's assessment that it's better than ANH and on par with ESB. I've only seen it once, but on that basis I'd give it a 10. As a movie on its own merits, it may not deserve that. But as a piece of the STAR WARS jigsaw puzzle, it's hard to fault. Even things that have been hammered at by critics, such as some bits of dialogue, I think are consistent within the STAR WARS framework, so they can't be fairly judged as "failures". I'm frankly stunned, after Lucas' lackluster last decade, that he can come up with something that recaptures his youth as much as my own.

18. SmackFu4u

Apr 17, 2002
    I think thats what did it for me. Im 31. I saw empire when I was 10. Terribly disappointed by Jedi at 13, enjoyed TPM at 29, but was feeling my age. AOTC made me feel like I was 10 again.

I figured those days were done. I am so pleased, nothing is going to rain on my parade. Unfortunately, I can already see the bashers beginning to rally....There always has to be someone that pisses in the pool.

19. Lethbridge-Stewart

Lethbridge-Stewart Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2001
    Seen it twice now. What else is there to say. A definite 9.5 out of 10. The big surprise to me was Hayden. From the trailers, I was fearing the worst, but he was superb. Totally believable future Darth Vader. And of course, the little green dude. The only bit I thought was out of place was when Padme was blown out of the ship at the end. After looking injured in the sand, she gets up and says "Go this way". I found this amusing, even though it probably shouldn't be.

Heck no, it's 10/10.

PS Great to see so many others enjoyed it as much as me.

20. Jaden

Jaden Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2001
    I'll give it a 9/10.

Best Star Wars movie to date.

21. SmackFu4u

Apr 17, 2002
    Hey Lethbridge, the whole falling out of the ship thing? Wasn't that great! I mean, so typically SW! That has to be one of the funniest(cheese) in the whole movie! Loved every second of AOTC!!!!

22. SirKnightLord

SirKnightLord Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 7, 2001

After my 2nd viewing this afternoon, I'm close to saying it's tied with TESB as my favorite SW film to date.

The entire dark atmosphere of the movie, particularly Tatooine scenes and Geonosis, just sealed the deal for me. Things like Anakin and Padme's shadows combining on the homestead, the moons over the Tusken camp, the heavily orange-red tones throughout Geonosis, especially in the finale...just amazing.

23. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    9. I would give it a 10, but there's always Episode 3...

I didn't have a problem with the dialogue. Sure, the romance was lame at times, but that is how SW romance is. I didn't notice anything wrong with the soundtrack either.

24. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    10+

it was SOOO FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

25. JORJ_CARDAS

JORJ_CARDAS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2002
    with the exception of the fireplace / couch scene, only about 2 minutes of screen time(seemed a bit off for one reason or another as far as acting goes) the movie was spectacular

First Half: 9/10

Second Half: There isn't a scale High Enough, PERIOD!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.