main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What's your rating of AOTC from 1-10 (10 being the hightest and 1 the lowest)?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-Gon_Jinnobi, May 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    8 but would probably be a 10 if I didn't go in already knowing the entire movie.

2. tDR

tDR Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    i'd give it a 9.
    ive only seen it once so far, and there were sooo many things ive missed, like QuiGons voice and some dialog i couldnt even hear.
    Like when Padme fell out of the ship OB1 said somethign to Anakin and he had a look on his face and music started playing...

What did he say??? help!

3. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    After seeing it again, I've changed my rating from 9 to 10.

Anyone giving this movie less than an '8' is not a Star Wars fan, plain and simple.
    Go away...

4. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Seven.
    Moderately improved over TPM. The biggest handicap of AOTC is the fireplace scene. It has the worst dialogue (mostly Anakin) in the whole saga so far. It was G** awful.

Yoda's fight with Dooku is too short and Yoda fights too fast.

My most favorite scene is when Padme declares her love to Anakin. It was performed perfectly, IMO; exceeded my expectations.

5. Mad_Ewok

Mad_Ewok Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2002
    <<Anyone giving this movie less than an '8' is not a Star Wars fan, plain and simple.
    Go away... >>

Well I give it a 5, but that will probably improve to a 6 or even a 7 with subsequent viewings. I just have to digest it more. But I guess I'm not a SW fan even though I give the first three movies a 10 each.

6. Jar_Jarmusch

Jar_Jarmusch Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2000

This one's very hard to beat. I loved Spiderman and AOTC kicked the crap out of it.

7. sdj

sdj Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    If you didn't like this film then maybe Star Wars is just not your cup of tea because this IS Star Wars.

8. TK414

TK414 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 10, 2001
    TK-414 reporting in.

Just got back from seeing the movie and it was excellent!

NINE easy! Tied with Jedi, in my book, and both behind Empire/A NEW HOPE, wich I rank as TENS each.

Alas, I fear PHANTOM MENACE will be known as the bastard child no will love in the end. (ranked a "FIVER")

See ATTACK! SEE IT MORE TIMES! DO IT!!!

9. Makavelli

Makavelli Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    Yes! I love it! SW fans love this movie! Anyone notice how the only ppl to give it under 7 are "May 02" with like no posts! HAAH!HA

10. FrogSpiter

FrogSpiter Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    What? 10 only?
    Can I add a Zero? or two?

So.. my note is 1000.

Time to wake Up! AOTC is THE ONE!!!
    The one that Wake up our Force FULL power ;)

Georges We Love YOU!

11. Anakin1337Skywalker

Anakin1337Skywalker Jedi Youngling

May 9, 2002
    definitely a 10.

Only bad thing was anakin surfing on the cow-like creature on Naboo (I turned away from the screen the second time i saw the movie). Anyone that gave this film a 7 or less is just looking for attention. I know your type. You have to be different from everyone else...If everyone likes something then you dont...get a life. thanks.
    And the critics are just jealous of GL. Think about it...they work in the movie buiseness, but when they were groing up they didn't dream about being a critic. They dreamed of being a famous actor or they dreamed of being a great film maker like GL. Now that they are grown up and have realized that they have a miserable life and didn't achieve anything--certainly never be a part of anything as great as Star Wars--they have to try to put down THE MAN (GL) to make themselves feel better. Get a life.

P.s. For ppl that gave it a 7 or less and for all you critics that gave it a bad review: I hope all your mothers are taken prisoner by tusken raiders and ravaged and murdered.

12. darthmaul2002

darthmaul2002 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 16, 2002
  13. Mad_Ewok

Mad_Ewok Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2002
    <<If you didn't like this film then maybe Star Wars is just not your cup of tea because this IS Star Wars.>>

No, Star Wars is my cup of tea. I just don't like everything about it. If you don't like all songs by your favorite band, then are you not a fan of that band? If you don't like all episodes of your favorite TV show, then are you not a fan of that show? If you don't like one thing about your best friend, then does that mean you don't like them at all?

I wanted to like this movie. I really wish I had. :(

14. MrBigglesworth

MrBigglesworth Jedi Youngling

Sep 18, 2000
    8 is a nice round number.

I was kinda looking foward to seeing Amidala's family, but still a good character.

Yoda/Dooku made up for that.

15. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
    "No, Star Wars is my cup of tea."

Apparently is ISN'T...

16. Skywalker1177

Skywalker1177 Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    In the words of the comic book guys, "Best Episode Ever."
    I give it a 9.5, I'd give it a 10, but I had some minor (very minor) problems with it, and I still would like to see it a few more times. I defitetly think is was more enjoyable then ESB, although the dialogue in AOTC wasn't as good.
    Hell, Yoda's bad-ass high flying lightsaber duel was worth the price of admission alone, I was literally laughing it was so awesome!
    Cool things: Yoda fight, Anikan cuts up Raiders, Jango/Obi-Wan fight, Mace Windu's, "this party's over" (that was soo Shaft), and of course, the entire last 45 minutes of the movie.

VERY VERY good film, can't wait to see it again.

17. ShogunDave

ShogunDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 30, 2001
  18. Sabersparx

Sabersparx Jedi Youngling star 1

May 7, 2002
    Hmm...

9.0/10.0- The Phantom Menace
    9.5/10.0- Attack of the Clones
    9.0/10.0- A New Hope
    9.5/10.0- The Empire Strikes Back
    9.5/10.0- Return of the Jedi

Attack of the Clones pros and cons:

--Cons--
    *Threepio's jokes got a tad redundant
    *Padme's sudden shift in feelings toward Anakin before the execution
    *Shmi's death seemed underplayed
    *The Yoda fight wasn't the whole movie :)
    *The "pull-away" kiss Padme pulls on Anakin
    *Lack of dialogue from Beru
    *TPM score ripoffs
    *Numerous cut-scenes

--Pros:--
    *Ewan McGregor
    *Christopher Lee
    *Hayden Christensen
    *Natalie Portman
    *Slave-I's sonic charges
    *The Yoda fight
    *Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku fight
    *Jango/Obi-Wan fight
    *War on Geonosis
    *Death Star cameo
    *Coruscant speeder chase
    *Outstanding CG
    *Serious nature to film's atmosphere
    *Everything else not mentioned in CONS list

Overall, my final word on 'Episode II' is positive. It was an EXTREMELY fun and well made, well thought out film with great, memorable scenes, and new characters to attach to. Not only that, but it gives fans new things to learn, new things to discuss, new speculations ESPECIALLY concerning the mysterious Sifo-Dyas, and Yoda is, without a doubt, my new official hero.

Was I disappointed at ALL? Well, to be up front, yes. But when I thought about it- I realized that the gripes I had weren't that big of a deal, and they diminished. No gripes from me; it was all that I wanted it to be and a bag of Tostitos.
    :)

19. Lakai

Lakai Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    You guys whats wrong with you?? This movie was negative 10!!! I almost started crying because of how bad this was. Hayden Christiansen is a skinny wuss undeserving of the honor of Darth Vader, he can't portray a jedi suseptible to the dark side and probably not anything else either. It was all so fast paced I didn't know if I was on Tatooine or that other planet where Obi was, I agree with the other fella who said that much of the film relied on a blue screen becaus it did. Geroge Lucas sucks, his only saving grace is his creation of star wars itself, Phantom was amazing the characters...well had character you got to know them, they had personality, Anakin tried too hard, hes a whiny girl, and I'm sure Darth Vader is gonna travel back in time and kick his own ass. The first 4 had a story they made me smile and want to be a jedi knight Aotc made me want to kill one, they rushed this film it coulda been a bazillion times better, But money bags Lucas had to cash in so he wouldnt fall behind Spderman and Lord of the rings, which I'll watch until I throw up before I watch Aotc again, Star wars has lost its mysticism with Phantom 3 had damn well make up for this flop.

20. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Leave Troll.

21. Lakai

Lakai Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    You guys whats wrong with you?? This movie was negative 10!!! I almost started crying because of how bad this was. Hayden Christiansen is a skinny wuss undeserving of the honor of Darth Vader, he can't portray a jedi suseptible to the dark side and probably not anything else either. It was all so fast paced I didn't know if I was on Tatooine or that other planet where Obi was, I agree with the other fella who said that much of the film relied on a blue screen becaus it did. Geroge Lucas sucks, his only saving grace is his creation of star wars itself, Phantom was amazing the characters...well had character you got to know them, they had personality, Anakin tried too hard, hes a whiny girl, and I'm sure Darth Vader is gonna travel back in time and kick his own ass. The first 4 had a story they made me smile and want to be a jedi knight Aotc made me want to kill one, they rushed this film it coulda been a bazillion times better, But money bags Lucas had to cash in so he wouldnt fall behind Spderman and Lord of the rings, which I'll watch until I throw up before I watch Aotc again, Star wars has lost its mysticism with Phantom .3 had damn well make up for this flop.

22. SmackFu4u

SmackFu4u Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    Where's a mod when you need one.

23. duderunner

duderunner Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2002
    3 out of 10.

Lamest. Starwars. Ever.

24. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002