Phx Wheel of Time discussion ***spoilers allowed!***

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by sideshow212, Nov 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
  1. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    heh, most of us have read the series (many times) so lets chat it up about stuff that might be considered spoilers in the other thread!

kicking it off...

who do you think killed asmodean?

me? i think it was shaidar haran, überfade...
  2. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    no. If youremember, Asmodean recognized who it was that killed him. I bet it was the Gholam. Here another paralelle for you. The armies of Artur Hawkwing left to cross the Aryth ocean, and now they return as a force all but unstoppable. Alexander Kerensky led the Star League Defence Force out of the Innersphere, and then here come the clans, a force tha took a massive bite out of the innersphere, before having their buts kicked by Comstar on Tukayidd....

interesting no?
  3. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    Oohhh cool! A spoiler thread! YEAH! I think I'll have to control myself and stay away from this one since I'm only in book two.

BTW...sorry I didn't answer your IM sideshow212 I thought I had my away message on and I left the house for a bit. You were gone by the time I answered. Sorry! Hugs for you!
  4. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    wench, don't worry about it, i was just going to chat it up with you about WoT... ;)

phoenyx, check this out, i found it from an archived online chat with robert jordan himself...

RJ once said that all the info needed for solving Asmodean was there by the end of The Fires of Heaven. It's generally believed that a Gholam was responsible for the murder of Lord Barthanes in The Great Hunt and the two black sisters in The Shadow Rising, but I don't think it mentions a name...so the Gholam is eliminated because there was no mention of a Gholam beforehand.

and the stunning conclusion!

Q: Why do you think everyone has a hard time figuring out who killed Asmodean? Graendal killed him.

A(from RJ): I don't know why people have a hard time figuring that out. To me it seems intuitively obvious even to the most casual observer. The reason I won't tell people though is that I am enjoying watching them squirm entirely too much. It's probably bad for me.

i'm about 90% sure this is legit, but grændal sounds about right.
  5. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    COOL!!! Ahhh...must read faster...must catch up so I know what the frell you're talking about! :D
  6. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    here's one for you wench...

the very first time rand wields saidin, was when they were fleeing emonds field, being chased by the draghkar, and bela got tired...remember when they stopped and moiraine healed the horses? and said that bela hardly needed it?
    rand also got his first-time sickness a few days later ;)
  7. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    no your wrong. That was Egwenes first time. Rands was when the lightning blasted all darkfriends after Mat and He had been seperated from Thom in whitebridge. think now. It'll come to you. If you remember or go look you'll see rand was very ill and weak for several days, and Mat was practically blind?
  8. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    no...the sickness was when he was all fruity on bale's boat! when he was on the top of the mast...remember they said that the effects first channeling were like giddyness or something, and if it was saidar, and not saidin, morgaine would have known what was up!
    egwene was falling behind, and the exact quote from rands perspective is : "with all his heart and desperation he silently shouted at bela to run like the wind, silently tried to will strenght to her. Run! his skin prickled and his bones felt as if they were freezing, ready to split open. the light help her run!. and bela ran." TEotW Ch. 11 pg. 125

egwenes first time was when moiraine and her were fiddling with that jewel when they were hiding

the other sickness was the first touch of the taint when he did the lightning bolt trick
  9. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with sideshow212 having recently read that book. I do believe he is correct.
  10. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    phoenyx bows to sideshows wisdom. and pulls a line from the rennasance festivel. "I can see up her Wenches Dress!" okay okay. So I was wrong.... I'm at work okay, my brain isn't supposed to function.... :)
  11. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    eh, that is one i hashed out along time ago...

so, everyone knows that galad is rands brother right?
  12. Darth_Moridin Jedi Master

star 1
    Yup. Scary thought, huh?
  13. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    rand is just one small step away from bieng married to his sister!!!

(luke, eat your heart out! HA)
  14. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    well technically no. Rand and Galadrid have the same Mother in Tigarain. Galadrid Damodred <theres an interesting turn, no?> and Gawyn, and Elayne all have the same Father in Taringail Damodred. Rand and Elayne have no direct realtionship. sorry. here my prediction for the future, Gawyn will marry and become the Warder of Egwene, and will hand her the Younglings. Mat of course will hand the Sanchaen over to Rand, and here is the kicker. Remember Galdrid's problem about doing what's right? Gald is going to eventually become the Lord Captian general of The Children of Light, and he will lead the whitecloaks for his Brother. that is my prediction. NostraJoseph has spoken. :)
  15. VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I thought Torak did it ?[face_plain]

:: hides ::
  16. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    EEEP!!! Ok, I had waaaayyyyy too much fun getting spoiled by sideshow last night over IM...I'll be visiting this thread more often.

I have a question....did Thom the gleeman get killed by the Fade or not in The Eye of the World. I know they allude to the idea that he's still alive, but is he?
  17. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    no he lives. and there is a deep secert with him and Elayne and Gawyn. I expect him to come forward at some point and say "Elayne: <Holll-herrrr> I am Your Father. Join me, and together we shall rule Daes Daemar as Father and Daughter." Gawyn will raise a fuss, "Gawyn, go kill something. Preferably with red fringe on it's shawl"
  18. kreleia Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    GAH!!! You FOOLS!!! You're fueling my fire for reading more WoT!!!! And I'm already going as fast as I want to right now!!!! :_| (nice and leisurely - savoring the story)

I WANT MOIRAINE BACK NOW!!!!!! :D :D :D

And, YEAH!! That whole thing about Galad and Rand being BROTHERS... :eek: :eek: DAMN!!! And, yeah - Gawyn (**swoon**) will definitely end up as Egwene's warder. [face_love]

And Lan and Nynaeve - they HAVE to be bonded soon!!!! PLEASE!!!!
  19. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    COOL!!! EEEK! Must read faster.....

kreleia check your PM's girl! :D
  20. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    phoenyx, sorry, we all thought this at one time, but RJ himself said NO, thom is NOT elaynes or gawyns father...

21. Phoenyx Jedi Knight

star 1
    Well, you're just about breaking all my illusions aren't you? If he isn't elaynes father why does he alude to it so much? toggof. I want to kick something....

22. JediDragon Force Ghost

star 5
    someone rehash the story for me about how rand has the same mom as galad...please? it's been a looooong time...
  23. Jedi_Wench Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe sideshow can do that for you. He told me last night, but I don't remember all the details...

Shopping list:

Pantyhose
    Milk
    Photographic memory
  24. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    oh here goes...

tigraine was the queen of andor, married to taringail. they had a son, galad. tigraine ran off to the aiel wastes to become the only non-aiel maiden. she got pregnant, and died giving birth to rand on the slopes of dragonmount during the aiel war.

after tirgraine left, morgase married taringail, and had gawyn and elayne.

so tigraine is mother to both rand and galad, and taringail is the father or all three kids.

so, technically, rand and elayne aren't related, but they just missed it! :)
  25. sideshow212 Former RSA

star 4
    BTW, phoenyx, you should check out wotmania.com, they have some really good info, and some archived online chats with RJ...
Moderators: DieWompRatDie
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.