Amph Wheel of Time (No AMoL spoilers)

Discussion in 'Community' started by NYCitygurl, Oct 28, 2012.

1. darth-bendy-ned Force Ghost

star 4
    sorry...double post.
    Last edited by darth-bendy-ned, Nov 5, 2012
  2. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    She kind of stops that, eventually. Kind of *laughs*
  3. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I think it's funny at first, but it does get tiring later on, especially ...

Show Spoiler
    ... with what becomes, in part, a gender war between the Aes Sedai and the Ashaman. Largely because certain Aes Sedai try to control the situation instead of working with Rand, but still.
  4. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    That's because we chicks are crazy
  5. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm on The Great Hunt right now and certain names and objects are bringing up muddled memories of the plot. Sometimes I squee a bit and other times my eyes pop open.

Show Spoiler
    Especially with ones like Liandrin and Elaida.
    And the Aes Sedai shawls!

I can't wait for Aviendha to come in.
  6. darth-bendy-ned Force Ghost

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    The splitting of the tower is one of (if not 'the') my favourite sub-plots. I really dig the passive-aggressive Egwene
  7. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah. There was a lot around that and too many Darkfriends than I had thought possible had come out.

Show Spoiler
    Them and the Black Ajah was made up of too many Sisters, IMO.
    Last edited by SWpants666, Nov 8, 2012
  8. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I love how Verin takes everyone by surprise...even herself. She's a Brown with a near-solid foot in current events. She's strong and is always more than she seems. The more I read (and reread), the more I enjoy scenes with her in them.
  9. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sorry for the double post in one day, but I looked to see if there even was a list of characters like @darth-bendy-ned suggested.

It has been done, and can be found here. What's great is you can look up chronological order or ABC order; initial descriptions from each book or final descriptions as are currently known.
    NYCitygurl and darth-bendy-ned like this.
  10. Darth_Smeagol Force Ghost

star 4
    That site is very impressive. I'm honestly stunned that someone had the time and patience to put that all together. Keeping all the characters straight has always been a problem for me with WOT.
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  11. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    It really is. He put a LOT into that.

I love the WoT and ASoIAF series, but there are so many characters - including 'minor' ones - that I don't know how the authors kept/keep track!
  12. darth-bendy-ned Force Ghost

star 4
    oh yes.

EDIT: I love the old school 'angelfire' feel of that website. you don't see enough of that anymore.
    Last edited by darth-bendy-ned, Nov 11, 2012
  13. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    I'm about 80 pages away from the end of Eye. I love Jordan, I really do ... and I love Eye ... but sometimes I think he could have moved things along a lot fast. 700 pages and they're still at Fal Dara 8-}

This is, really, more a complaint about future books, though.

Show Spoiler
    Elaida was in Eye as well as Morgase's advisor. She seems ... well, fairly normal, surprisingly. Not a bitch.

I forgot that Gareth Bryne and Morgase were in love; I keep associating him with Siuan.
    Last edited by NYCitygurl, Nov 14, 2012
  14. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    After a small hiatus with library books, I'm going to start on The Dragon Reborn today. Where is everyone else at?
  15. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    Throughout this year I've been rereading the whole series and aimed for one book each month. I have fallen slightly behind schedule because right now I am 300 pages into Crossroads of Twillight.

This time around Verin is probably my favourite character together with Mat from book 4 and onwards.
  16. SoloKnight Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm about halfway done with Path of Daggers. Of the major characters, Mat is definitely my favorite. For secondary characters I like Birgitte. I like that he and Mat are bros.
  17. Darth_Smeagol Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm a big Mat fan too. I think the reason Path of Daggers is my least favorite book of the series is solely due to Mat not being in it. I've also always been partial to Lan for some reason.

I started a reread before Towers of Midnight came out but only got about half way through The Great Hunt before I gave up on it. Right now it just seems like too daunting a task to start all over at the beginning. I might try to start with Knife of Dreams and see if I can at least refresh the most recent events.
  18. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    well, you're both ahead of my reread.
    Mat is my absolute favourite too. I liked Min at first but she started to fall by the wayside for me. Aviendha is fun for me to read.
  19. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That was really smart. I'm a few chapters into The Great Hunt.

Show Spoiler
    After re-reading Eye, does anyone else think the Lan and Nynaeve thing was kinda sudden? It was obvious she had a crush from her quick POV chapter, but all of the sudden, they're both in love?

Also, when Rand is at Tarwin's Gap and shouting at Ba'alzamon that it needs to end now and he hears a voice ... was that the Creator? I honestly can't think of a single other person it could be, though the Creator seems like less of an entity than the Dark Lord and doesn't actually appear anywhere.
  20. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    It felt sudden to me too. The only thing that makes it believable is that they were out there for weeks, even though it only spans a few chapters. The backstory there is quite lacking.

Hmm...could be. I don't think about these things so your guess is better than my nonexistent one.
  21. Darth_Kiryan Force Ghost

star 4
    You know, i bought the first five books sometime ago. I should get around to reading them someday.
    NYCitygurl likes this.
  22. SoloKnight Force Ghost

star 4
    Show Spoiler
    Lan and Nynaeve may seem sudden but they get tons of development compared to Elayne and Rand. They spend what, an hour together, before she falls for him?
    Last edited by SoloKnight, Nov 19, 2012
  23. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    ^A lot of his relationships kind of fall to the wayside. You'd think that such a powerful Dragon would be written so he's pretty much a loner or is just awesome enough to focus on many. I always thought Rand would be the former, but Jordan wrote an imbalance with it.

DO IT
  24. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    Show Spoiler
    I actually prefer Rand and Egwene's backstory. He'd wanted her forever, and she liked him, too, so even though they were in the awkwardpre-relationship stage, it seems everyone always figured that in their little village, without many choices, they would obviously get married. They just hadn't acted on anything.
  25. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Because of how freaking PROPER everything is