main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI Wheel of Time Patchwork Quilt

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Morrigan_McKnight, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Morrigan_McKnight

Morrigan_McKnight Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 19, 2002
    Not sure how many of you are familiar with Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" series:

I am working with the DragonCon WoT track staff, and have come up with the idea of making a WoT patchwork quilt for DragonCon 2004. We will be displaying it through Labor Day weekend at the con, and then mailing it to Robert Jordan.

If wish to help. Please e-mail or PM me and I will keep you posted on the plans as they come together. Final plans for the quilt will be set this Labor Day.

A short bio on all the artist and what they created will be included with the quilt when shipped to RJ

2. RocketScience

RocketScience Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 1999
    I'm somewhat familiar with WOT. Honestly, I've tried to read it, but am not really hooked yet. (Suggestions???)

However, I've been doing quite a bit of quilting, both hand and machine. So, I'd be interested in helping anyone get the "nuts and bolts" of a square done if needed.

RS

3. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    It is a tricky series to get into, but once your in your stuck. I think it takes about half of the first book to realize the characters are in for the adventure of their lives, and you'll want to stick around to see what happens.

This series if for the truely dedicated readers. The characters and plots are many and inter-connected.

I have no real quilting experiance all though I have done crib size pictorial blankets and wall hangings with a quilt style to them.

RS - Any tips you could give about quilting would be great. I think I have your email, I'll put you on my contact list.

4. Morrigan_McKnight

Apr 19, 2002
    A yahoogroup has been started for this project. If you enjoy the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, and would like to volunteer to do a square, please send me an email.

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.