main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When All That Is Said And Done (JA Sequel to "Visions")

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Healer Apprentice Lina, Jun 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    OH, I got it, it's that guy in Obi's head that's giving us evil Qui!!!

Very nice!!!

2. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Let's take quick poll shall we? Just to indulge my curiousity.
    How sad would people be if....
    Sira died?
    if
    Obi-Wan died? (like I don't know the answer to this one. )

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Okay here are my thoughts on that issue Healer Apprentice Lina:

It would be very sad if Sira died. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the saddest, Sira dying would rate about a 9.99.

If Obi-Wan were to die that would rate off the scale!!!!! I would be (as would Qui-Gon) inconsolable. Just remember this is fiction and that would not necessarily be a bad thing Qui-Gon?s emotions when they come to Obi-Wan are delectable.

4. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    I was in total shock while reading Qui-Gon rant visciously at his padawan.

I couldn't help but feel angry at the way he treated Obi-Wan. Boy I was sure glad to find it was only in Obi-Wan's head, though it'll probably feel very real to him when he finally wakes up.

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Sira's death? Very sad....

Obi's death? YOU WILL NOT KILL OBI!!!! No Obi killing allowed. Besides, we need mush and angst, and if Obi dies...no more mush!!!

6. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Off the charts, eh? Well, here's a bit more. Three posts from me today! woohoo! Well, feedback from more people will be appreciated (not that I'm not loving the readers who are responding right now.) But more couldn't hurt. Here we go.
    Enjoy!
    Sira had been on life support for three hours when Bren made his report to the Ambassador from the Medi-Center. The early morning dawn was creeping in through the windows as Bren tiredly related the recent events Tre'lan.

"And Councilman Darat? How is he?"

"He is more or less stable but there are no signs that he will wake up anytime soon."

"Will he live?"

"If his condition doesn't worsen, he may just live the rest of his life in a coma."

Tre'lan sighed sadly. "We never agreed on much but Darat was always a loyal servant to the Gemian Government. It is a tragedy to lose him."

"It is a tragedy to lose anyone, Ambassador" Bren replied sharply.

"Of course, Bren. I didn't mean to sound unfeeling about Healer Kershni or Padawan Kenobi" Tre'lan quickly apologized.

Bren only gave a small nod. "I'll call you with further news later" he promised and turned off the monitor.

The Gemian healer slowly made his way back to the patients' wing. Upon entering the room, he saw Qui-Gon holding the familiar position of sitting beside Obi-Wan's bed. The Jedi Master was dozing lightly.

He had spent the rest of the night trying to contact Obi-Wan through their bond and had gotten nothing. The stress and effort, however, had exhausted him enough to have him fall asleep, whether he wanted to or not.

Checking Obi-Wan's temperature, Bren found the fever still remaining but staying at a stable level. Moving quietly, he gently shook the Jedi Master awake.

"Qui-Gon. Wake up."

The Jedi Master's eyes snapped open. "Obi-Wan?"

"He's fine for the moment. Still sleeping" Bren assured. Qui-Gon straightened from his slumped position as his body protested the abuse the chair had inflicted during the night.

"How is Sira?" Qui-Gon asked, looking over at the second still figure.

"Life support is holding her." Bren's voice remained dull. "I think you and I should go back to the Lodging Area. I need your help in trying to figure out what is causing all of this."

"Bren, I can't leave Obi-Wan" Qui-Gon answered, his eyes automatically returning to the pale face.

The Gemian healer put his hand on Qui-Gon's shoulder to get him to look at him again.

"I know you're worried about Obi-Wan. You haven't known me or Sira for very long, Qui-Gon but I assure you, whatever anxieties you have about your apprentice, I have for Sira. Neither one of us is doing them any good just sitting here. I need your help, Qui-Gon."

Qui-Gon looked at Bren's tired but determined eyes and felt a wave of guilt. His well founded fears about Obi-Wan were hindering his duties as a Jedi.

Rising, he softly pressed his lips to Obi-Wan's forehead.

"Get better, Obi-Wan. I'll return soon" he whispered.

He followed Bren out of the room.
    +++++++++++++
    Again. Nothing. And then....
    Obi-Wan opened his eyes. Hadn't he just been in the Corean Medi-Center? He shook his head to try and clear his mind.
    Why was he having such a hard time keeping track of everything?
    Looking around, he saw that he was in some kind of corridor.

"Didn't I tell you to stay out of my sight?" a voice growled.

Obi-Wan turned around to see Qui-Gn glaring at him with angry eyes.

"Master? Something is wrong. I-"

A powerful backhanded slap interrupted Obi-Wan's words. The force of the blow sent Obi-Wan colliding into a wall. The tall figure bent down and dragged the startled padawan up painfully by his braid.

"I have had enough of this" the Jedi Master hissed and struck the helpless student with his fist, sending him crashing to the floor.

7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Ouch !!! That hurt...evil Qui is back !!

8. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I am soooo not liking this evil Qui mad.gif

I want him out a Obis head now!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... mayby not right this minute, this is Obi torture extraordinair!!!!!!!!!!

9. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    I could just about feel that! yesh!
    As much as I don't like seeing Obi-Wan hurt, more???

10. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Here's some more. Comments please!
    Enjoy!
    Back at the Lodging Center, Qui-Gon and Bren laid out all the recent medical readings of all three patients and the testimonies of Healer Mir and Ambassador Ariam regarding the attack on the delegates.

"The answer is here, somewhere" Bren stated. "I've just been through it so many times its all becoming muddled in my head."

"We'll start at the beginning to when the delegates' bodies were found" Qui-Gon said as he reached for a data pad. He pushed back his anxieties for Obi-Wan as far as he could. He had to concentrate.
    ++++++++++
    It's not real! Obi-Wan thought frantically.

But the hard kick to his ribs felt anything but imaginary. The impact with Qui-Gon's foot threw Obi-Wan on to his back as he tried to desperately get oxygen into his lungs. His head was pounding. Before he could get up, the menacing figure of his Master pressed his foot down on Obi-Wan's chest, pinning him to the floor.

"Worthless, pathetic whelp."

Obi-Wan tried to move but the weight on his chest only increased. He could barely breath as his ribs screamed in agony. The weight became heavier and heavier...
    +++++++++

"All three persons were alone in the room before the attack. The sensors didn't pick up anyone else until Sira" Bren reiterated.

Qui-Gon looked at the data pads thoughtfully.

"The killer could have been in another room and murder without ever entering the delegates' quarters."

"But who? Everone has been accounted for that evening. Even that roach, Mir." Bren sounded disappointed.

"And there is still the question of why Darat was left in a coma instead of being killed altogether" Qui-Gon added.

"Yes, it's strange. I had assumed that somehow Darat had managed to fend them off for a short time." Bren searched the stacks of data pads and began to skim through the medical reports again.
    +++++++++
    Obi-Wan's vision began to fade as darkness crept around his line of sight. The pain in his head had increased so much he felt his skull would split in half.

He couldn't move, couldn't breath.

As the blackness began to slowly engulf him, Obi-Wan could see the cruel smile playing on Qui-Gon's lips.

"NO!"

And suddenly, the weight was gone. Obi-Wan painfully crawled to his hands and knees. He coughed and gasped to get air into his starved lungs. Clearing his vision, he saw Qui-Gon knocked to the ground as the smaller figure of Sira had tackled him.

The Gemian made her way over to Obi-Wan. It looked like she was having trouble staying on her feet herself. She frantically tried to gasp out her warning.

"Obi-Wan, he's trying to suffocate your mind! You have to fight him off to wak-" Before she could finish, the Jedi Master threw her against the wall with a snarl by her hair. Sira crashed into the hard surface and crumpled to the ground and lay unmoving.

"Sira! No!" Obi-Wan stumbled over to the still figure.

"Just you and me left" Qui-Gon growled.

Obi-Wan forced himself to stand up and faced the Jedi Master with glaring eyes.

"So...you would fight your own Master?" the figure chuckled.

"You're not Master Qui-Gon" Obi-Wan stated in a low voice. He remained firmly standing on his feet. While his head still throbbed, Obi-Wan pushed the pain back.

"Very well then." Qui-Gon gestured a wave with his hand and two familiar metal cylinders appeared. One at Qui-Gon's feet, the other at Obi-Wan's. Igniting the saber, the Jedi Master smirked.

"Let's see what you can do, padawan."

11. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    All I can say is WOW.

Kim B

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Go get him Obi!!!

13. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Man! My building had a fire alarm go off! What annoyance!
    Here's a small bit but it's important.
    Would really like comments.
    Enjoy!

Bren's features became increasingly irritated as his eyes went over Darat's neuro readings.

"The entire time he's never shown signs of waking up?" Qui-Gon questioned.

"No" Bren replied in frustration. "Every reading Mir has given me, every reading that neuromonitor has sprouted out all show delta waves." The Gemian rubbed the bridge of his nose. "There's something here. Something that's off."

"But you can't find anything visibly wrong with the readings?"

Bren sighed in disgust and threw the last data pad in the substantial pile of records that he and Qui-Gon had already read through. "No. Nothing. The readings are perfect. Absolutely perfect delta waves" Bren muttered.

Absolutely perfect.....

Bren's eyes widened as he grabbed the neuro readings again and began to read frantically.

"What? What is it?" Qui-Gon questioned, noticing the excitement growing on Bren's face.

"That's it! That's what's wrong! How could I have been so stupid?! The readings are perfect....too perfect! Look here." He shoved several data pads that showed Darat's last neuro readings towards Qui-Gon. "They're almost identical, they're so perfect."

"And when was the last time readings were perfect?" Qui-Gon said softly as realization dawned on his face.

"Never. These readings are fake. That neuromonitor that Mir hooked up to Darat has been programmed all this time to give out false neuro readings."

Bren bolted for the telecom. "I'm calling the Gemian Medi-Center. If my hunch is correct, the killer was in the room all along and used a Gemian binding trance to murder the delegates in their sleep."

Qui-Gon's eyes darkened as he followed Bren's line of reasoning.

"Councilman Darat."

"Exactly. And no doubt got help from our favorite Corean Healer."

[This message has been edited by Healer Apprentice Lina (edited 06-20-2000).]

14. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Woo Hoo!!! Wake Obi up before the evil Qui-Gon in his mind kills him!!!

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Okay...get him Qui!!!

WOO HOO !! sorry, had to get that out of my system!!

16. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, wow! So if the evil Qui-Gon defeats Obi-Wan inside his mind, Obi-Wan dies, too, is that right? Is that the effect of the binding trance? Excellent idea! Fight, Obi-Wan, fight! And go, Qui-Gon! Save him from the outside!

17. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    cool.gif cool.gif
    I love this story!

18. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Very cool Lina!!! cool.gif cool.gif

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    everyone will think this is a post...but it's not...he he he...

Lina???? Please post soon!!!!

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Cruel Obi the Kid, very cruel!!!

Oh oh.... now I guess everyone will also think this was a post..... SORRY!!!!

Please post Lina!!!!!!!!

21. Healer Apprentice Lina

Jun 1, 2000
    Okay, here's a small post. sorry, i've had a busy morning so i couldn't write more. I was lucky enough to get this posted.
    Tell me what you think dear readers!
    Enjoy!

Bren tapped his fingers impatiently as a nurse back on Gema finally answered his call.

"Halla, I need you to send me over any files the Medi-Center has on Councilman Darat Hadar."

"His medical files?"

"No, check the files for all the healers that worked at the Medi-Center." Halla looked confused at the request. "Trust me. Go back maybe 50 years and see if you find anything."

Minutes later, a shocked Halla was was transmitting a thin but nonetheless existing file of a young healer named Darat Hadar who had left to pursue a political career.

"He specialized in binding trances" Qui-Gon noted as he read the transmission over Bren's shoulder.

"Yes. And I have a feeling that his skill has only increased in the last 60 odd years."

Grabbing Darat's neuroreadings, Bren followed Qui-Gon as he raced out the door.
    ++++++++
    The casual manner of Qui-Gon's stance only worried Obi-Wan further as he ignited his own blade. He looked unnervingly confident.

In the flash of an eye, the Jedi Master attacked with all the speed and agility that Obi-Wan knew his Master was capable of. Obi-Wan blocked the downward swing to only be kicked hard in the chest. Slamming into the wall, Obi-Wan quickly somersaulted over the approaching figure and whirled around. Qui-Gon caught the spinning attack and swiftly deflected.

"I know your moves, Obi-Wan. You cannot beat me" the large figure taunted.

The student grit his teeth and refused a reply as he continued to block the assult.
    As the battled continued, Obi-Wan realized that his enemy was speaking the truth. While he was nearly gasping for breath, Qui-Gon had barely broken a sweat. With each swing, Obi-Wan could feel the pain in his head increase. This was getting to be impossible.

"Tired, padawan?"

At repeated mention of the honored title, Obi-Wan bristled. The stranger had no right.....

"Don't call me that!" he shouted.

For a moment, a small second after he had yelled, Obi-Wan felt a shift in the duel. Qui-Gon was having difficulty countering his more intense attack.

But it was only for a moment.

Very soon, an elbow clipped Obi-Wan under his chin. A second of disorientation was all it took for the Jedi Master to kick the saber out of Obi-Wan's hand. The teenager spun out of the way of the slashing blade as fast as he could but still felt its tip slice through the back of his tunic.

The burning pain, coupled with the unbearable pressure in his head made Obi-Wan stumble. When he looked up, he saw Qui-Gon with his blade posed next to Obi-Wan's neck for a killing blow. The Jedi Master smiled.

"You lose."

[This message has been edited by Healer Apprentice Lina (edited 06-21-2000).]

22. JediCandy

JediCandy Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It's the mother of all cliffhangers!

Help us weather this situation, oh mighty Lucas, as we await another post dealing with Your Boys!

JediCandy

23. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Please Lina don't leaving us hanging here for to long!!!!!!!! I am not sure my sanity can stand it

BTW.... Another fabu post, as has been this entire thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    I agree NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

CLIFFHANGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But I loved it.

Kim B

25. Obi-wan's Padawan

Obi-wan's Padawan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2000
    Wow! I just found this story and it is really good. I am looking forward to more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.