main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how did you first become interested in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithspawnedvong, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithspawnedvong

sithspawnedvong Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 23, 2001
    the title says it all
    As for me I watched the trilogy with my aunt. I was in third grade about 5 years ago.
    I asked her if there were any books and afew days later she brought me a copy of Heur to the Empire.

2. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    The first time I ever saw the trilogy I was hooked. I don't remember how long ago it was, but I was pretty young.

3. Mira_McGrath

Mira_McGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    the first time i can remember is seeing empire strikes back when i was in the hospital to get stiches. thats a very scary thing when your like, 3. i was obsessed ever since, and when i saw the books in a bookstore when i was in foourth grade, it was like my prawers had been answered. i've been reading them ever since. (i'm in ninth grade now) i just wish i had more time to read. stupid honors classes.

4. virtualoctopus

virtualoctopus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 2, 2001
    i saw the special edition of the empire strikes back in the cinema. i was hooked.

5. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    "i just wish i had more time to read. stupid honors classes."

You too?
    I hate honors classes! No free time I tell you! Too... much... homework

6. Warrior-of-the-Sith

Warrior-of-the-Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 8, 2001
    I had always loved science fiction and fantasy , so my parents got me the OT movies for my 10th birthday, just over six years ago. I've been eating, breathing, and sleeping SW ever since. :D

7. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    The summer after 5th grade my brother forced me to watch A New Hope.Over the rest of the summer I really wanted to see what happened,so I saw ESB, and it went from there.

8. Mira_McGrath

Mira_McGrath Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2001
    yeah, hw is a pain in the you know what. with all honors, i barely have time to sleep, let alone read my fave books

9. Rev_Leidu

Rev_Leidu Jedi Master star 5

Nov 22, 2001
    I think I was like 7 when I first saw the OT. When I was younger I had a short attention span and didn't watch it until my older sis watched it with a friend of hers for a sleep over. Been hooked ever since...

My first EU book was Crystal Star...found it in my house and read it TEN TIMES before my parents found out my interest in the EU.

10. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Well, I don't really remember. I just sort of gradually began to like it. Then once I saw ANH, I was hooked.

11. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I have no idea how long it was...8 years ago maybe?

Anyway, it was a dare. I hated this kid who would always be roleplaying with my friends. I asked what it was they were playing, and he was like "Star Wars" and couldn't believe that I had never seen Star Wars. Of course, I couldn't handle critizism from my worst enemy - so I went and rented TO Trilogy (and stupidly asked the checkout guy "Is that all of them? It says Episode 4..." Boy do I feel dumb now. :D

Watched them, was scared to death of Darth Vader, loved the dark nature of the 2nd film, and then fell in love with Leia's Bikini - I mean, the 3rd movie. :)

I went down the to a local comic shop and asked if they had any Star Wars stuff. She showed me some books and comics. I picked up the Thrawn Trilogy books and some other comics, and have been hooked ever since.

-Mazzic

PS Honors and AP classes stink, don't they? It's hard to manage with all my Star Wars, school work, art, AND social life...ah well. No rest for the weary.

12. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    When I read The Young Jedi Knights books Is when I realy beacme intrested in the Star Wars universe.

13. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    I love these threads.

I was three, and the beginning of ANH says it all. Like a lot of other people, the first time I saw the (at the time) mysterious Stormtroopers blast their way inot the Tantive IV was what got my attention. When I was really hooked was when i saw the black-clad love-to-hate Darth Vader. Also, his cruelty toward people :D.

14. Kier_Nimmion

Kier_Nimmion Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 9, 2000

Then you should really be getting your fix since they appear about once a week.

May 25th, 1977. I was eight.

15. Princess_Liar

Princess_Liar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I played Jedi Knight back in '97 at the tender age of 12 and decided it was pretty good. After that I wanted more (the addiction had begun) so I started reading the books, but I didn't actually see the OT until it was re-released on video early this year. :D

16. Quiwan

Quiwan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2000
    1977 first time i watched it i was hooked

17. Miss_Jaina

Miss_Jaina Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 30, 2001
    In sixth grade my teacher had us watch the OT for Language Arts. I fell in love with Star Wars then. I borrowed one of the YJK books from my friend, read it and wanted more so I ended up buying all of them and have so many SW books now it's unbelievable.

~Miss Jaina

18. darthjarjarbinks

darthjarjarbinks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 3, 2000
    It was the first movie that I remember seeing, and I remember I used to like it a lot when I was really little (like, before school).

I always sort it was pretty cool, but never thought TOO much of it until first year in high school when I brought Tales from the Mos Eisley Cantina on a gift voucher. I was totally hooked on star wars in a massive way after that

19. VeGeX

VeGeX Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2001
    I watched RotJ and I thought Vader rocked... his voice, his confrontation with Luke and his redemption by bringing back balance to the Force as it was in Qui-Gonn's prophecy.

Watched TPM, loved the visuals and the lightsabre duels. Then watched ANH and ESB.

Read SOTE, Truce At Bakura and kept reading all the way till SBS :)

20. kz1000_jay

kz1000_jay Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2001
    When I first watched the movie trilogy, not at the theater, but when the first VHS tapes were released. My neices, barely teenagers then, persuaded me to rent the tapes. Then I went out and bought them. I'm on my third set now, having worn the first two out. Up to that point, I had been a Trek fan. SW turned my head, and I've never looked back. Started devouring the books, beginning with HTTE on its release. Bought my first TPB's about a month ago. but I'll be very selectively buying just a few more of these in the future. I'll keep on with the books, and probably go for the DVD's also. Oh, btw, I've never read a ST book, LOL!

21. jedi979

jedi979 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    I used to watch Return of the Jedi on - get this - Betamax almost every day when I was a kid. Between those awesome visuals and John Williams' music (I own unopened copies of all the special edition soundtracks in addition to the ones I listen to) I was hooked. I grew up on Star Wars, man. Not a geek in the traditional sense, but most definitely a fan.

22. darthparth

darthparth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2001
    Watched the SE's in theaters in '97 - was in 6th grade....was completely hooked.

A few weeks later, I found the Truce at Bakura, I think...

The rest is history...

23. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    When I saw it in 1977.

Phil

24. 181st Fighter Wing

181st Fighter Wing Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm another member of the summer of '77 fraternity.

25. JADES_FIRE

JADES_FIRE Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Always loved the movies. [face_love]

But wasn't until I read Jedi Search about five years ago, it was just laying around a mates house so I thought Why not

Been hooked ever since :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.