main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how did you first become interested in Star Wars

Discussion in 'Literature' started by sithspawnedvong, Dec 24, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    In about 1993, I read HTTE and it rocked

2. QurangLah

QurangLah Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    When I read the book in '77 just before the movie came out.

3. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    When the special editions of Ep V and VI came out. I didnt really like ANH at first.

4. Jedi_Leader

Jedi_Leader Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2001
    In 1977 when I went to the theater and saw the first movie. I was 11 and remember wondering how I was ever going to hold out waiting for ESB.

The best thing was when they re-released the Trilogy, I was able to take my kids at around the same age, as I was then for their first experience of Star Wars on the Big Screen. What a BLAST!!

5. Sticks

Sticks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    When I was twelve, my parents thought I might enjoy watching the Trilogy, and rented ESB from the library. Little did they know... [face_devil]

6. Doublemint

Doublemint Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2001
    I wasnt hooked at first. My parents bought the trilogy for my younger brother and I and I had little interest in it. Then when i was in third grade we had a babysitter who came over and she loved star wars. We watched ROTJ and then i saw her star wars book she was reading on the counter. it was "jedi search" and i asked her about it and she told me about princess leia and han solo getting married and having kids. so i had my mom take me to the bookstore a few days later and thats when it started.

7. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    Put me down for the '77 group as well. I was 7 at the time and I remember the first time I saw Star Wars like it was yesterday. The main reason I remember it is because that night I was so excited to get to the theater that I left my bike out in the yard by the driveway and my dad back over it. I had just got that bike for a B-day present. I didn't care though at the time. All I could say was "Go dad.... gotta...get movie.. NOW!" Afterward I was left with a bike with the front wheel demolished and bent forks but I was happy anyway.

8. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    when i went to the library one day and somehow ended up in the sci-fi section for the first time and found out about the existence of EU books. before, i thought the trilogy and TPM had been the end of it. well, now my dad curses the sci-fi section night and day for getting me hooked. poor dad. :-(

9. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    When I was really young, I used to sneak downstairs at night when my parents thought I was asleep. Once in a while they'd be watching a movie in the famiyl room, so I'd sit quietly behind the couch and watch too. Once it was Return of the Jedi that was on, and that did it for me.

10. Spot_the_vornskr

Spot_the_vornskr Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2000
    1980 - Empire Strikes Back... (I was 7)..I still have my set of four "Empire Strikes Back" place mats....I always used the one with Luke and Leia on it!

11. skyra

skyra Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2001
    I finally got to see ANH in January 1978. I lived in a small town at that time and it took that long for the theater to get it. :)
    And, SW has been a part of my life ever since that day.

12. Jedi_Kettch

Jedi_Kettch Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2001
    fifth grade. when the SE came out. My parents had to drag me to see SW but after that i dragged my best friend to see ESB. she hated it so it was just me, my family and my little brother's friend for ROTJ.

I first found the EU books when i was at borders and went to go tell my dad i found a Baby-sitters Club book i wanted. I found him in the Sci-fi section looking at Star Trek books and the SW ones were right next to them. I forgot about the BSC book and bought the first book of the Correlian trilogy.

104 books later my parents are cursing themselves for dragging me to see SW.

That'll teach them...

13. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    that'll teach all the cursing parents, mine most of all....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.