main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Kevin-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kevin-Kenobi

Kevin-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2004
    I first saw Star Wars in the late 70's. I'm 32 years old now and I have pictures of myself at Christmas when I was young opening all of my Star Wars toys. It's neat to see pictures of the toys and the boxes that they came in. Of course my little brother broke most of the stuff and my mom gave the rest away. I still have not forgiven her for that. I remember seeing Empire like 3 times the first couple of weeks that it came out. I only saw Return once in 1983 though. I just didn't think it was as good as the other two, but still good enough to be my 3rd favorite movie of all time.

2. Pelly-Welly

Pelly-Welly Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 10, 2004
    I saw the special edition in 1997, I was 6 then :) My brother got ROTJ for his birthday, so that was my first SW movie.

3. AnakinN813

AnakinN813 Jedi Youngling

Sep 22, 2004
    Well, I think I may had seen parts of the OT before, but the first SW movie I actually remember was The Ewok movies...But I became a true fan after seeing TPM in '99. :) I was 11.

4. DARKRIDER

DARKRIDER Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2004
    I was 15, just moved to Texas in 1977. Of course, I saw the trailers in Ohio and an interview with Mark Hamill on the "Mike Douglas Show." Couldn't wait to see it. Then of course, in a new school, I met a friend (whom we've stayed friends for the past 27 years) and talked her into going to see it.

We both got hooked.

5. eclips

eclips Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 6, 2004
    3 years old.

I remember it not, through I am told I was taken to see ANH.

6. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    In Feb 1997,I rented the originals. (THE originals.Not the SE's.) I was 8. :)

7. Morgaine

Morgaine Ex-Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 2001
    I was 17. Saw them on TV in February of 1998 - but the original versions, not the Special Editions. I must admit that I didn't even know Star Wars existed before that. [face_blush] (Here in Germany it's not as popular as it is in the US.) But when I finally did see the movies, I was hooked up right away. :D The week between ESB and ROTJ must've been one of the longest in my entire life. :p

8. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    I can't remember when I first saw SW. It is a looong time ago. But I can remember two important situations for me. One was at home when my father told me that SW are great movies. So I watched these movies and I had to agree. ;) :D And the other situation was at a family celebration. I was bored and my aunt gave me her book that she read at that time. This book was one of three books. You know which one I am talking about. And I got fascinated. But sadly I couldn't manage to read the whole book in one evening. So I wished she would borrow me the book(s). But sadly she wanted to finish it herself first. :_|
    But later I got these books (I think) at christmas. :D

9. WEEBACCA

WEEBACCA Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2004
    I saw ROTJ back in 1992 (when I was 10 years old). I was immediately hooked and started saving money to get the trilogy on video .I bought the entire trilogy in 1994, so that was when I first saw ANH and ESB. :D

10. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    Hmm, I was about roughly estimating here, but I think 08 or 10 years old when I first saw it. It was the revised edition. Not with all the computer add-ins. But rather, the re-release of the film to video ;) .

11. RolandDeschain19

RolandDeschain19 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 26, 2004
    I can't remember exactly when I saw ANH or ESB. (I know I had to have seen ANH when it was out on VHS, considering I was still a potential thought back in 1977. ;) And I only would've been a year old when ESB came out, so I don't think I would remember it even if I had seen it.) But I can CLEARLY remember my first time seeing ROTJ in the theaters. I have clear memories of how impressed I was with Jabba's Palace scene. (So many neat monsters in one room...) And I also remember thinking how cute the Ewoks were, and how much I wanted a Speeder Bike of my very own. So, my clearest memory of "Star Wars" goes back to 1983, if we're going by exact date reckoning.

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003

The first time I watched Star Wars I was 11 years old (aka in 1999) and I watched it with my cousin Rita, at our grandparents ' house. But till 2001, I completely forgot it, mostly because no-one in my family liked SW (at least, at that time :p ) .
    I felt interested again in Star Wars when I saw the trailer of AOTC, and after watched it and the other movies, let's say I'm a big fan! :D

13. Flametwister

Flametwister Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2004
    When I first heard of Star Wars, I was seven, and the Special Editions were coming out. Unfortunatly, my mother thought they would scare me too much, and I wasn't allowed to see them. So I made my fater read me the kiddie adaptations. Then when I was ten, my uncle decided it was time, and rented ANH.

14. Colonel-B-Sanders

Colonel-B-Sanders Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2004
    On my 10th birthday (1995) I had all the OT on video. Since then I have become addicted to Star Wars. My friends think it strange that a 19 yr old lad can recite line for line all 5 films, and has read more Star Wars books then he has school books.

Everyone has agree that one of the best feelings in the world is when the music hits you in the cinema, just after "A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away.....". It can never be replaced.

15. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hmmm, I think I was mayb3 4 or 5 when my cousin and my uncle sat me down and had me watch it.

Of course, now that my uncle now has a daughter, (she'll be 4 soon) I'll have to steal her away one day and have her watch 'em. She's already able to tel lyou who Yoda and Darth Vader are if ou show her a picture. Oh, and the way she says Chewbacca is so cute!!!

But, I digress, lol.

:Targeter:

16. OBI-BEN-KENOBI

OBI-BEN-KENOBI Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 13, 2004
    6 years old.

My cousin and uncle who were obsessed introduced me to the original VHS's.

17. heathdaniel

heathdaniel Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 24, 2004
    Special Edition in '97 at the age of 9. I was completely blown away, and still am to this day. :)

18. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    I was about 5 or 6. It was in Los Angeles at my aunts house, around 1991. I remember it scared me.

19. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Lets see here. I was born in 1982 and I was one years old when Return of The Jedi came out.
    I have been into Star Wars since I was a baby.

20. Magnum

Magnum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2004
    Can't remember. I was too young to catch them in the theaters (may have seen ROTJ on it's release, but I was too young to remember).

But I do remember watching the movies growing up. And then, for the longest time I got out of it. And heck even when the Phantom Menace came out I didn't get overly excited. Attack of the Clones is what drew me back into the saga. And I've been a geek ever since.

21. SweetCuppinCakes

SweetCuppinCakes Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 19, 2004
    I was about 5 years old in 1988 when I first saw the OT on NBC.

22. JediMasterLuminara

JediMasterLuminara Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2002
    I can't tell ya that. I'm 21 so I was just barely born after ROTJ came out... but I can't remember an age specifically when I saw it because my dad's a huge fan. It was kinda just...always there in my life.

23. Halcyon124

Halcyon124 Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2004
    I was about 7 or 8, in 96 or 97. Have loved them ever since.

24. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Saw the SEs in '97 when I was eleven.

25. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    The first time that I saw the movies I was really young, around 3 or 4, and I was terrified of C-3PO, Something about him really scared me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.