main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Kevin-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthDiabolous

DarthDiabolous Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2006
    i was around 6 or 7 im not sure...

2. DarthRevan789

DarthRevan789 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2007
    I was told before I was one, but I dont remeber until age 3 ^_^

3. llamalpacasaur

llamalpacasaur Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2007
    I was 11(in 2005) when i first saw ANH

Sadly for me i've never seen the theatrical release of the movies(i'm stuck with the DVD's)

I'm really the only Star wars fan in my family my dad can't stand Chewbacca and my brother's favorite is TPM:rolleyes:

4. DarrenStar

DarrenStar Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2007
    Hmm, that's a good question ... i often think back to the very first time i saw STAR WARS.
    i was 12 yrs old (i think) back in 1978 ... when i first saw it (it was awesome !)

Me and my brothers watched it at our favorite indoor theater, which was located at a very nice mini plaza (at the time) in Owensboro, KY.

We used to live right behind (or beside) that plaza, and could easily walk there anytime. The plaza is still there, but the theater has been closed ... for a very long time.

5. GodinKijken1

GodinKijken1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 11, 2007
    6 and it was Return of the Jedi shortly after it's release. Saw ANH and ESB a few years later on tape.

6. Heliosphan

Heliosphan Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2007
    I was 4. Watched ANH on video, and i liked it, but didn't think it was anything too great.

I didn't actually fall in love with it until 1997 when it was re released in cinemas, and even though i was just 6 or 7, i can still remember it and i feel very lucky. I loved it.

7. Darth-Zabrak

Darth-Zabrak Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2007
    hmmm. I don't really know but ever since I have been hooked on it

8. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    I saw the re-release of Star Wars, the special editon version in 1997, I think that was the year...

I was about 5.

9. Darth-Zabrak

Feb 24, 2007
    well that is out of the way lol i remember which movie i saw first.... A new hope

10. asfnone

asfnone Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 6, 2007
    Mine was (I think) when TPM was released on video.

[face_thinking]

11. General_Kenobi_66

General_Kenobi_66 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 18, 2006
    I was three when I first watched ANH, and I've been hooked ever since.:D

Edit: That was 1986

12. Darth-Zabrak

Feb 24, 2007
    well, i can't wait to see the new release of the re-mastered movies, or a new trilogy

13. lightning-girl

lightning-girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2007
    I first saw star wars on i think it was January 12, 2005 or something, it was episode four and I was older then anakin when he became a padawan. I'll leave it at that

14. Alela

Alela Jedi Youngling

Mar 7, 2007
    well I was ... 8 I guess, and it was A new hope ... and I really dind't want to see it ... ^-^ but after the first ten minutes I was addicted

15. O-Ren_Ventress

O-Ren_Ventress Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2007
    I think I was 4 or maybe 5 but it was ROTJ!!!!! Oh Luke.........ahhhhhhh so dreamy!!!!!

16. Endor_Commando

Endor_Commando Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 15, 2007
    I saw Star Wars when it was released in the U.K.when i was 12.That was 30 years ago,and Star Wars has been with me every day since.
    I remember all the pictures that were coming over from the U.S.of R2-D2 and C-3PO,and Star Wars mania was everywhere.
    I first time i saw the film,i remember jumping up and looking through the doors at the screen,as we were waiting outside.
    In those days films used to be released again and again,in the school holidays,which was great.
    The first time i saw Empire,it had an intermission just before Luke trains with Yoda.I was the second person in line that day,and the last person out of the cinema.I had bought the Empire soundtrack that day as well.
    I saw the Star Wars/Empire double bill that followed which was amazing.
    Return of the Jedi.....what can i say.Saw it a few times on it's release and thought it amazing.I was sad though,because at that time i had no idea that Star Wars would continue.
    Saw the Star Wars triple bill,and remember people taking lunch in with them !!
    Happy Days !!

17. Miss_Jade-

Miss_Jade- Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    I Saw Star Wars one (or i call it one but some people call it four) when i was young sadly i dont know how old i was but i know it was in the 1990's (im 14 now) i was little and i loved it and then after the 2nd movie came out my mom was like hey you know there are three other movies and i was dumb struck and was all "I HAVE GOT TO SEE THOSE MOVIES!!!!!" LOL it was kinda dramatic :pwhen i found out anakin turned to the dark side (in a very brutile way might i add;))i found myself in shock for about two weeks or so LOL

[face_peace]

18. Darth-Omi-Rewer

Darth-Omi-Rewer Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2004
    I think I was eight when I first saw Star Wars. So that would be 1994.

19. Darthkat76

Darthkat76 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Hmm, I'm not sure when I first saw it, but I was pretending to be Obi-Wan about 5 years old (1986):D.

20. jedi-wedrias

jedi-wedrias Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2007
    i remember the very first time i saw it....my grandma had it on video cassette since it came out like on the 70's...it was 1994, i remember because i was four years old according to the year....i saw "a new hope" thats the only movie she had of star wars...and ever since i was collecting star wars legos and stuff like that...then i eventually saw the other two movies until 1999 i went to the movies with my family and there i saw episode one.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.