main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When and how old were you when you first saw Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Kevin-Kenobi, Sep 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IntrepidCoxie

IntrepidCoxie Jedi Youngling

Sep 7, 2006
    Hi i was only 1 yr old when a ANH first came out at the cinema,but i vaugely rember having watching ESB at the cinema when i was only 4. But i can remember watching ROTJ in the cinemas back in 83 like it was yesterday. Never would of thought it would be a strong influence in my life, even today i am an even bigger fan and getting bigger.

The first ever film that was watched in our brand new video recorder back in the early 80's was the original star wars before the days of A New Hope, can't remember when exactly but my earliest memories have allways involved playing with my star wars toys or watching the films and why did i not keep all the boxes.........Doh:oops: I still have all my original toys from when i was younger in my mums loft including 4 at-at's.

2. Rainbow Knight Star

Rainbow Knight Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 18, 2005
    I saw A New Hope in 1979. I have been an SW fan ever since that night.
    I wanted to jump in Mom's lap when Darth Vader made his first appearance on the screen. The Dark Lord is now my favorite SW character.

3. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I probably saw ANH on TBS around when I was 8.

4. EveyLou

EveyLou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    I think I was about 3 years old when i first saw Star Wars
    I was at my grandparents and watched it with my Grancha :)

5. AdmiralVorec

AdmiralVorec Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2006
    Mid-late 80's. I'm 24 now, would have been 6 or so. If I recall, it was on HBO or one of those "premium" channels. Saw all three new films THE day they were released, or within the first three days. I remember waiting in line for Episode I, which wrapped around the building almost twice. [face_laugh]

6. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    I was 7 years old when ANH came out. Been a fan since then. Sheesh I feel old...

7. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    I don't recall seeing the original theatrical run of "Empire", but maybe I did, since I've had a life-long facination with the movie. The one I CAN confirm is I remember seeing "Return" when it first came out. I know that for an ultra-silly/dorky reason; in the first theatrical run, they used a different font for Jabba's translations, in comparison to every single version that's come out since. I swear it not only looked different, but there was more of a "fade" effect when the phrase was translated, and then done with.

8. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I saw ANH in late 1977.. it got to Australia late....

Was 9 years old, turning 10...

Knew a lot about it because of the hype & publicity.. & had seen snippets...

Damned movie has controlled my life ever since...

9. Rhodna

Rhodna Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 28, 2006
    Oh my... I feel almost like a toddler, compared to everyone else! I've seen the original trilogy quite recently, around the year 1998, when they aired on a local TV station. I was completely transfixed and when TPM came out a year later, I nearly groveled in front of my parents, just to get the ticket money! Short story even shorter, I've been a fan ever since then...

But do I wish that I had been around to see the 1977 premiere! :D

10. __Vader__

__Vader__ Jedi Master star 3

May 23, 2005
    I can remember seeing ESB when I was about 6 or 7. It freaked me out so bad I vowed I would never watch them again. Then I got back into it when TPM came out and I was 8, I have loved them ever since.

11. Kiki_Firestar

Kiki_Firestar Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 14, 2006
    When I was a little kid, I saw bits and pieces of Star Wars (mainly TPM...and mainly the podrace from that movie...that was the BEST!!)

But a couple of years ago, my whole family got serious on Star Wars...and I've been a huge fan ever since....

i was so happy when Ep. 3 came out! [face_dancing]

Speaking of ep. 3...this is off-topic, sorry, but does anyone know of an ACTIVE forum for it?

12. misssolo

misssolo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2006
    when i was 4 or 5, my dad finally let me watch it with him and i loved it. i didn't watch it again until i was 10 or 11 tho and thats when the addiction started!

13. ladymoro

ladymoro Jedi Youngling

Jan 1, 2007
    I had just moved to California a little more than a month before the Opening of Star Wars in 1977, I was 12... Never stopped being a fan since then...

14. justicejedi

justicejedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 8, 2006
    that would prolly be the prequel forum ;)

15. Womprat429

Womprat429 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 15, 2006
    I saw it in the summer of 1977 when I was 7 years old at Mann's Chinese Theatre in Hollywood. My dad took me to see it and we were both blown away. It was kind of terrifying and loud and it was all I could think about for the next year. And pretty much ever since I guess...

16. darth-blaze

darth-blaze Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    I saw ANH also in 1979. I have been an SW fan ever since.

17. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I was 17.

26 now, so I'm coming up on a decade of fandom. [face_blush]

18. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    I was 11, it was 1977........so Im coming up on 30 years......someone get me a walking frame!!

19. Nemea

Nemea Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2007
    I've always laughed that my SW-movie was the last of them - no. 6, Return of The Jedi - and at the age of six. Since then I've been a keen fan. I guess...in total the time would be 20 years at the moment. But, I guess it's nothing fancy in here at least :)

20. Darrkwolff

Darrkwolff Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 15, 2004
    I saw it in 1977...when I was about 7....do the math. :p

And I saw it at a drive-in theater. (You younger kids might wanna ask your parents what that is. [face_mischief] ;) )

21. piratedreamer

piratedreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2006
    I was raised on 'em, baby! lol. I was probably 4-6 and my parents were fans. Lucky for me it wasn't the SE. :D

22. DarthSilious

DarthSilious Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 4, 2006
    1977 and I was 10 at the time.

Saw it at the local cinema - which has now closed with the nearest one now 25 miles way! :eek::_| - with quite a few friends of mine. The place was heaving and queues were around the block. They had to have 3 showings a day and it was only a small town that I lived in.

Those were the days.

23. Saevurr

Saevurr Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    I first saw Star Wars when I was 8 years old back in 1990. My old reading tour made read the book adaptations of the films. As a reward after finishing finishing all three, she let me barrow the movies on VHS.

24. Red79

Red79 Jedi Youngling

Feb 10, 2007
    I didn't see the OT on the big screen and I think ROTJ was the first one I saw when I was young. I did get to see the SE and the PT on at the movies though. Its funny because my dad used to tell me stories of going to see ANH at our local theater (which is now long gone) twice a night, only paying once, for like two weeks and about the insuing lightsaber stick fights resulting in injury following each show.

25. obiwankenobilover

obiwankenobilover Jedi Master star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    In 1977, I was 6 or 7 at the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.