main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA When are we going to have our little lightsbare "crafternoon"?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Lazarus, Aug 31, 2001.

?

When are we going to have our little lightsbare "crafternoon"?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Saturday, 22nd Sept

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sunday, 23rd Sept

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saturday, 29th Sept

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  4. Sunday, 30th Sept

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. Saturday, 6th Oct

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sunday 7th Oct

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Lazarus

Lord_Lazarus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
  2. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    Just a point I forgot to add last night, but can I grovel to people to make it either the 29th or 30th of Septemer, because the other two sets of weekends are Dominion weekends, so I would have to cut it short.....

Also another thing I forgot to take into account when making the list is that we have the Role Playing Game on Sun 23rd of Sept so that one is out..... bah.....

I should try to be more awake when I am writing these things....

EDIT: Oh and please ignore the typing f*&k up in the topic title....

3. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    Just another point to add..... All the people involved should bring the necessary supplies to make thier own lightsabres (ie broomsticks, dowel,coloured tape/paint, handle material etc.) or at least money, so if we end up having it on a saturday, we can organise a run to Hardware House, which is about 5 mins from my place.

Thanks All

4. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Also bring: bandages, dressings, disinfectant, needle and thread (for stitches) and also pliers for removing rings [face_devil]

5. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Shall we bring the rings for the pliers to remove?

6. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    Come to think of it, It might be a good idea to either leave rings at home..... or bring gauntlets :)

7. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    1 jump ahead of you already... Kempo gloves :D

8. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    ok, since Im a smart cookie and didnt read the thread before voting and didnt see that the 23rd was out, I'll change my vote to sat 29th...

Any idea what size dowel/pipe/whatever we're goin to need? Anyone got specs for one?
    For the lightsbare, oops I mean lightsabre.. hehe, jj.. ;)

9. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    Well, seeing as how sabres are a personally made item amongst force users, you can use whatever you like,
    I suggest though that ppl plan out what they want, and bring the necesary items, failing that, I'll do 1 run down to the harware store for ppl who bring cash and need ideas first.

10. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    For a great site with the specs to every lightsabre shown in the movies....

Go Here

LL

11. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    Ok... the poll ends on Friday, so if you haven't placed your order for what day you want.... It will end up being Saturday 29th of September.

So get those ideas flowing......
    And get those knuckles taped up.... :p

12. R2-Q5

R2-Q5 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 11, 2001
    Just a question, for those of us who have just joined the boards, what is the purpose of the lightsabre 'crafternoon'. Other than the obvious making your own lightsabres I mean. What is going to be done with them after they have been made? Or have I missed that post somewhere? If I have then, my bad. If not, can someone please explain? Thanks.

13. R2-Q5

Sep 11, 2001
    Just thought I'd add this, I was looking around on the net for lightsabre stuff and I stumbled upon this site. It even includes all the tools and materials that the person used, assembly instructions and even a 'noodle' sabre for your kids... So they can beat each other up with it, and not be too hurt... :) Always good fun. The only problem with the site is it appears to be American, so the stores listed might not help us over here... (Please note that I am not saying it is bad because it is American, I am saying that it is bad because some of the items the person uses might not be of any use to us.)

14. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well there's a number of reasons for making them. One is so we can beat each other silly with them (as if we're not already all silly enough around here). They can be used for props as costumes. Also, it's just the cool thing for aspiring Jedi and Sith to do. :)

15. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Speak for yourself, Im never silly...

*BIG SILENCE...* :cool:

hmmm, can anyone tell me how much this is roughly going to set me back? My wallet isnt exactly brimming with cash atm...

(although that might change if this job interview on friday goes well) *crosses fingers* heres hoping anyway...

16. Sith_Witch

Sith_Witch Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2001
    Well, I'd love to say that even though I'm not a member, that I'd be tere what ever day it is but:

A) You might not want me there because I smell and have cooties;

or

B) I may not be in the country;

So can you post and tell me how it went either way?

Hmmmm, a black and purple double-ended lightsaber... What about the Spice girls version? Bright pink with furry little fluff balls on either end?

Oh dear, please remove me from human-kind before I do it anymore harm...

Ergh...

17. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    OK...

Now SJ, prices for a lightsabre can be as such.

The price for the dowel is (depending on how long you want it) between $9 and $16 from hardware house.

If you are REALLY strapped for cash I can supply tape for the handle and depending on what colour blade you want I might be able to supply blade tape (currently I have some green, some red, and white not being used).

Now I can't offer this to everyone, because i am also very strapped for cash. I just managed to get a cool deal on tape. If anyone else wants to know.... King Kong in the city is doing $2 for Silver duct tape (great for handles) and $2 for 8x20m Rolls of coloured PVC tape including black, white, blue, green and red.

So yeah, if you buy all the tape & dowel a decent looking lightsabre on the cheap will cost under $20

I hope that sorts it out.

LL

18. Lord_Lazarus

Jul 11, 2001
    OK the date is officialy set at Saturday the 29th of September.

First, I would like to make sure everyone knows that they are more than welcome to bring kids. I know SM is.

Second, if, LD brings his portable BBQ we will have a BBQ, so bring stuff to turn to charcoal. I need confirmation from LD on this first though. It will also be strictly BYO.

Third, I will set the time for everyone to start arriving at noon. That means I can actually be awake, and sufficiently caffienated enough to deal with life.

We will try and organise a run to hardware house for supplies if anyone needs them, but it will be earlier in the afternoon, rather than later. So if you need stuff, try to turn up on time, or place your order with someone who will be.

Finally can we get a confirmation of who is coming.

I shall post the address closer to the date or you can PM/ICQ me for it.

LL

19. R2-Q5

Sep 11, 2001
    Umm... Ok, I'll be the first to confirm that I will be there... Umm... Yeah...

20. JediLeia

JediLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    i'll be there , hopefully but i don't know if i'm making a lightsabre as when you organise the dates for bunbury i might be still in brissie still

21. UmmYep

UmmYep Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2001
    I should be there, barring any new developments...

22. Loadeddog

Loadeddog Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    I have a funny feeling I will be working that day untill about 3pm but I will get there.
    my bbq I will leave with Grizzly to bring so the BBQ IS ON.
    I have brought 2 rolls of silver duct tape and 1 roll of each colour pvc tape from King Kongs.
    these will be put in with what LL has already offerd for use by all

I think this should be a fun day

23. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    umm yeah... i'll be there... i'm bringing the bbq..... apparently :D

24. JediLeia

JediLeia Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 28, 2001
    burnt meat , get your burnt meat right here ;)

25. Stinky_jawa

Dec 7, 2000
    Sigh.. I cant make it :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.