main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When are you getting the Limited Edition version DVDs?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jcoolZombie, Sep 11, 2006.

?

When are you getting the Limited Edition version DVDs?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2006.
  1. I'm not getting them!

66.7%
  2. Christmas / Birthday(if applicable)

19.0%
  3. Midnight - 3 AM

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcoolZombie

jcoolZombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2006
    Or are you getting them during the day?

Vote now. (I don't know how to add more options in this poll.)

2. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    I'm not getting them. The O-OT is dead.
    Lucas is playing a great trick on the purist, which I love him for it. Lucas will only release the OT with more added scenes of Palpatine disbanding the senate, scene with Yoda, Bail on Alderaan, etc., on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. We will be right back where we started where the purists will want Lucas to release the O-OT on HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray.
    And Lucas eventually will release the O-OT on HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray, after he releases the OT(maybe with more improved/addedscenes) on the next generational video player after HD-DVD/Blu-Ray becomes a thing of the past.

3. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

Darth_BADLungs_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2006
    I am getting more and more interested in the OOT DVD's but I wont buy them until I see the quality with my own eyes.

4. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    I'll not get them.

5. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Already got mine, went down to the shops at lunchtime to get them.

6. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    My Laserdisk rip--very sadly--looks better than these official disks in most respects, so no.

7. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    I may buy them sometime tomorrow.

8. MasterACyard

MasterACyard Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    I won't purchase them, but i can RENT them since it has been a while since i have seen the originals

9. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    mine came in the post today. i've never ever seen the original cinema versions as i'm only 15, so it's going to be an experience

10. Sanctuary_Moon

Sanctuary_Moon Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2004
    o_O DarthLassic, I'm sure I've heard this hyperbole from you before.

Well, whatever makes you happy I guess.:rolleyes:

You've got the movies in the form that you want - is it so hard to show a little charity for those who might want a quality release of the O-OT?

Don't bother to reply, I know the answer.....

11. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Did I just read that correctly? :eek:

Mine are ordered and should be here this week.

12. DarthHomer

DarthHomer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2000
    I can't believe no one is going to buy them according to this poll. I'm not happy with how Lucas has treated the O-OT either, but I'll probably still buy Star Wars if I see it cheap (I already have Empire and Jedi on laserdisc). I think the people who are boycotting it in protest will find their plan backfires. If these DVDs sell poorly Lucas will just say "See? No one is interested in the original versions of the films anymore" and that's the last we will see of them.

13. PadmeLover1991

Mar 22, 2005
    and perhaps that will lead to lucas not including them in the super-duper-deluxe box set out next year, this is only speculation.

i think a lot of people are buying them, they just aren't filling in the poll (like me).

14. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    I'm getting them tomorrow sometime after work. There's no voting option for that!

15. jcoolZombie

jcoolZombie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2006
    I tried to edit the choices, but I couldn't figure out how.

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    No option for 'other' but that's how I would have voted.
    I will get mine (along with the SW Lego II game) whenever Amazon UK ships them.

17. Malikail

Malikail Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2004
    i won't be buying any super duper boxed sets either.

i'm done spending money on lucas' star wars 'projects'.

he has gotten my last dime till something titled "episode 7" hits the theater.

since he says that won't happen, well i get to save some coin.

18. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    As far as I'm concerned, now that I'll have the O-OT on DVD, even if it IS substandard quality, I am DONE with buying Star Wars movies. I don't care if he DOES polish the O-OT to look like the 2004 DVD's, I am FINISHED.

[face_peace]

19. PadmeLover1991

Mar 22, 2005
    here here =D=

i agree, this was my chance to see the original cinema versions and i took that chance. now the only money i am likely to spend on star wars dvds will be be on the star wars droids and ewoks dvds (and maybe the eventual release of the two upcoming star wars tv projects).

i'm with Malikail and Grand_Moff_jawa [face_peace]

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yeah, you should have at least included an option for "other", or some timeframe in between now and never.

//hears Elvis singing

I clicked Christmas/birthday. I won't get them right away; I want to see several quality reviews first. I will probably buy them before Chrsitmas (my birthday is next month, but maybe before that too).

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    I'm not getting them.

22. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    You just can't trust the guy, though. I already have them but I did not pay for them.

23. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'm not getting them. It kills me to say that, because I love star wars through and through.

I'm just tired of spending a good $40 here and there for updated movies I already have. I like my OT DVD's just fine,thank you. I will give Lucas my money for clone wars, video games, merch, Useless replicas [I cant even duel with my FX saber cause I'm paranoid I'll break it],and whatever else he throws our way.

I'm just a little broke because I'm in my last year of highschool, saving up for a trip to Europe this summer and also a drinker/smoker. I can't afford to be buying Limited Editions or Remastered, or updated footage, or any of that stuff. I have the movies, and I have the books. Thats all that matters to me now.

24. Boba16

Boba16 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2006
    [DarthLassic007]I'm not getting them. The O-OT is dead.

Is it really, cause the last time I checked it is coming out on DVD tomorrow. If there was zero demand for something, than it wouldn't be released, like the '97 versions.

Lucas is playing a great trick on the purist, which I love him for it.

Good to see what the new breed of SW fans are like.

Lucas will only release the OT with more added scenes of Palpatine disbanding the senate, scene with Yoda, Bail on Alderaan, etc., on HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. We will be right back where we started where the purists will want Lucas to release the O-OT on HD-DVD and/or Blu-Ray.

Dude, is it really going to make a difference if he adds stuff like that? Do you guys understand what the difference between a directors cut, and Lucas's way of tampering with the movies.

A directors cut is scenes that were left on the cutting floor when the film was shot, and is reinserted into the movie years later. The new footage usually flows into the movie cause it was shot at the same time, so nothing sticks out.

Lucas changes are additions 20-25 years later, and nothing that was left on the cutting room floor, except the Jabba scene in ANH, but even that has a 2004 CG Jabba that doesn't match 1983 ROTJ Jabba. All of these scenes don't mesh as well as other directors cuts cause it is new footage or new CG thrown into a 30 year old movie.

If you need to The Emperor disban the senate in ANH, then I think you need to reevaluate whether you like The Original SW or not.

25. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Talk about a worm on a hook!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.