main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When are you getting the Limited Edition version DVDs?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jcoolZombie, Sep 11, 2006.

?

When are you getting the Limited Edition version DVDs?

Poll closed Dec 21, 2006.
  1. I'm not getting them!

66.7%
  2. Christmas / Birthday(if applicable)

19.0%
  3. Midnight - 3 AM

14.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'll get them, but not at 3 AM. :p

2. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Myabe. later on if I can find a full box set for like 15-20 bucks, but that's it. I have the OT on DVD and am more then happy with it. Why shoudl I spend money on three movies that are slighty different in content and vastly different in picture and sould quality? If Lucas had put some new documentaries or other new special features, maybe I could jusitfy buying them. But, I am more then happy with the SEs, and don't need to buy this set.

3. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I honestly don't think it's worth buying. Renting, *possibly*.

The bottom line is, they are including the "O-OT" but with the worst possible quality transfer that's imaginable in the DVD age.

Not to mention the fact that a high-definition re-release of all 6 movies looms over the horizon, it might be best to wait until we know which high-definition DVD format will prevail, and have the SW saga in high-definition DVDs.

4. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    I'll get mine either Tuesday or Wed night on the way home from work... and I am looking forward to it.... YEAH.. Han Shoots first.

5. JenM512

JenM512 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    I'm probably getting at least ANH tomorrow. But I feel like a total sucker. [face_frustrated]

I grew up with the OOT, but I never had a laserdisc player, and I don't have a VCR anymore, so it's the only way I can have the original versions. I watched ANH on VHS last year with my friends and their kids (they loved it--and it wasn't even the special edition), and it's still the best version, so I really want it.

But I just wish they'd made it more than a bonus feature to movies I already have. I love old Star Wars stuff. They should have done covers with the original poster art, and had some of the old TV spots and specials included. Make it a really retro set. I love that stuff.

Clearly there's enough interest in a 'real' OOT set, they could have done a lot more with it. Not just sucker fans into having to buy the same DVDs again for a bonus feature.

6. skyy38

skyy38 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 26, 2003
    I didn't pick up the '04 DVD set,because I just about had it with "Georgies" incessant messing.
    If the OOT wasn't in this set,I'd be doing the same thing.

Funny that there isn't a Box set available...(That cookie tin from Best Buy doesn't count.)

Also,on average,we're paying about $20 more than the last time...

Oh well...

7. Darth_Falcon

Darth_Falcon Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 11, 2002
    I voted Xmas/Birthday but really meant "in a couple of months when the price comes down". I'm disappointed that they didn't work on them and that I have to buy what i already have to get them. However, as my Grandma always says: something is better than nothing.

8. aPPmaSTer

aPPmaSTer Jedi Master star 3

Dec 23, 2004
    I'll get them when they become dowloadable through torrents...I'm not gonna buy the 2004 editions again, are you crazy?

If they make final changes to the saga and then release it with the O-OT and a then-to-be O-PT in a 12 disc boxed set, I would have no problem buying that.

9. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I pre-ordered a bundled widescreen set of this release from STARWARSSHOP.com way back when and today I recieved conformation of the bundled set being sent to me.

Also today, I bought one of each movie of the LIMITED TIME ONLY widescreen individual versions that includes the BONUS GRAPHIC NOVEL from WAL MART, then I bought one set of these movies in widescreen in the EXCLUSIVE COLLECTIBLE TIN from BEST BUY and then I bought one of each of the widescreen individual versions with the LIMITED EDITION COLLECTIBLE LITHOGRATH of each movie from CIRCUIT CITY.

If TARGET has a Mini-Poster, well then, that would mean that I'm not done. :cool:

10. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    I'm not getting them.

11. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I went to TARGET and I bought one of each of the widescreen individual versions with EXCLUSIVE CONCEPT ART. :cool:

12. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Unfortunately I'm not getting these. I wish I could justify it but I can't.

13. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I'll eventually get them. I own the originals on vhs and what little cash I right now is going toward things I need instead of want. I'd rather have the Lego Star Wars 2 first and get the dvds later.

14. sidious618

sidious618 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 20, 2003
    I'm not getting them. I like the DVD version.

15. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    i don't want to get any OT star wars dvds unless it's only the theatrical release or 1997 release because i already have the 2004 versions.

16. thegoldeneel

thegoldeneel Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I bought them and am giving my old 2004 editions to my nephew because he is about to hit that age.

17. Darth_Rabe

Darth_Rabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2001
    Yeah, I'll get them. In my world Han shoots first,always has, always will.

18. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Got them, but I prefer the 2004 editions.

19. 1cb_

1cb_ Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2003
    I am not getting them, I don't feel the need to spend more money on these movies.
    I was in the theater for all three, I enjoyed them at the time, but now I enjoy the SE better.

20. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I just bought them. With the initial positive reaction, I think I know what I'm getting. I certainly could have lived without them, as I own the THX laserdiscs. They were $16.99 at Target. I can afford it, so what the heck.

21. Darth_BADLungs_Vader

Darth_BADLungs_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2006
    I realy want to see them but have desided not to:(honestly the 04 are realy realy good and buying this set makes me feel like a complete sucker[face_frustrated] I think it's obvious that we will get at least one new SW trilogy each year(with new art work and so on) until the final eps 1-6 special HD delux super "best ever" 30th aniversary supreme edition.

22. Darth-Mule

Darth-Mule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I watched ANH yesterday, it's the first time in years I've seen the unaltered version and I gotta say I don't see anything that was put into the special editions that made movie any better. I think the whole thing was a marketing gimmick in the first place. The continuity of the creatures and effects make the entire movie balanced. I doubt I will ever watch the special editions again. This is Star Wars as I experienced it as a kid, and it will always be Star Wars to me. The SE's are nothing more than a novelty.

All is right in the Galaxy, the force is once again in balance...

Thanks George.

23. AnnLouise

AnnLouise Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 10, 2005
    If there was an option for "Friday when I get my paycheck, using a coupon" I would vote.
    I've got this thing against overdrawn checking accounts - or more accurately, against my better half's reaction if that happens.[face_blush]

24. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Nope. Why waste my money on something that I will only half enjoy?

25. cronus8

cronus8 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Jun 29, 2002
    Thats why I sold my 2004 editions on ebay the day I foud out these were coming (of course I kept the case and the Empire of Dreams DVD so now I a set.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.