main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When are you watching ROTS?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Ellbobin, Mar 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    Dallas is 4 hours north of Houston (where I live). They have the closest DLP theater to me. For AOTC, sometime in the summer, we drove up there and watched it twice one day and then drove back home. I figure I'll probably do the same for ROTS.

I was planning on being in Central Florida during the time of the release, where I was going to be able to attend Star Wars Weekends at Disney and watch ROTS in Pleasure Island's digital theater. However, an unfortunate turn of events has prevented that from happening. :(

In any case, I will catch a local midnight showing. Then, I'll probably watch it again twice the next day, and who knows how many times after that. I saw TPM 24 times in the theater and AOTC 20 (note: statistic does not reflect my movie of preference.)

2. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    Maybe not until that Saturday. [face_plain]

3. jarjarandtheewoks_hi

jarjarandtheewoks_hi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2004
    5 o' clock showing on the 19th, Middle Stalls @ ODEON Leicester Sq.

This is my digital debut. Do they edit the film differently - is it that much better?

Can't wait! :)

4. obi_wan_kanathan

obi_wan_kanathan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 10, 2001
    I'll be going to a local theater for the midnight showing. But there's a digital theater about an hour away, so I'll go there for at least one later showing.

5. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Well, I have said this b4, but since this IS the thread title, here I go.

I will NOT be able to see ROTS until over a WEEK after it finally comes out. You see, I will be leaving to drive out to Colorado (from Wisconsin) for a week the VERY NIGHT it opens in theatres!! (we're going out for a graduation for my wife's sister.)
    "Well, just see it THERE!" you might say, WELL, CAN'T: There in CO, we will be in a little hic country town, where the nearest theatre is half an hour away, and only shows one movie at a time, and not until like a MONTH after it's released! (at least I won't have to worry about being SPOILED while I'm there!)
    We will not be back till that NEXT wednesday AFTER it comes out! So THAT will SUCK!! :_|

I want to see it in a digital theatre, especially now that I know it'll be a BIT different! I saw AOTC in a digital theatre that summer with a friend, (we were in Illinois then, and there was one only half an hour away) but now that I'm in Wisconsin, I'll be at least an hour and a half away. Maybe I'll "conveniently" come down and visit my brother while it's there, and go see it! We'll see...

So YEAH, I won't see it till at LEAST a week after it's released!!! I'M PISSED!!!!!!! :mad:

Oh well... :rolleyes:

6. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    I am definitely going at midnight!!! I think the theater I saw AOTC was digital, because I remember thinking how neat it was that she grabbed his robot hand.

7. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    If at all possible I'll be seeing it at midnight. Still don't know what theaters around here will even have a midnight showing if any at all. Or I may not even be in my homestate.. so that opens another set of possibilities.

Regardless I am hopefully going to be able to get to a digital theater at some point after May 19.. highly doubtful for my 1st viewing though.

8. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    The very first showing at midnight on May 19th. :D

Nothing less for the last Star Wars film.

-Shiro

9. JediRac

JediRac Jedi Master star 2

Apr 10, 2001
    May 12th. Just got my confirmation letter for the Ziegfeld theater premiere. :D

After that, probably with friends on the 20th and weeks later when I can get better seats.

10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    BELO - I assume you'll stay away from 3NS until you've seen ROTS?:confused:

Otherwise, you'll see a bunch of threads like this on May 20th:

"OMG!!11!!1! ObI-wAn is teh coolness!!11!1!"

"OMG!1!1!!! The Emperor is teh evil badness!!!"

Et cetera.

11. Shmi02

Shmi02 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    For the first time, anywhere I can on the 19th.

Hopefully, it will be on the digital screen in my area, but I'm sure that one is going to be very difficult to get tickets. I never thought the digital would make that much difference, but man, seeing digital AOTC was so sweet! I saw that one 8 times, so we'll see on ROTS. . .

12. starwarsofthesouth

starwarsofthesouth Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2005
    I ordered tickets a week in advance during the last episode. I guess I will order them from fandago this time. I will watch it thursday, may 16. Of course im a middle school teacher, and i can see my smart elect students tell me what happened.

13. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Got that rite, GARTH_MAUL!!!!!!!!

There's NO WAY I'd be going on here, cos by THEN,

3 NO SPOILERS is kind of a pointless title, seeing as how it will be FULL OF SPOILERS!!!!!!!!! (for me!) :)

I will even have to be avoiding some of my friends, for the SAME reason (until after I see it myself)

But thanks for the subtle warning!

14. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I'll be there May 19th. If I'm lucky my parents will let me take a "sick day" from school. :D It's very likely that I will. And besides school will still be there and I can always make up the work. I had done that for E1 although I was in the third grade.

15. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    May 19th, probably around noon-ish.

16. happydudethe3rd

happydudethe3rd Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2005
    Any Los Angeles folks in here? I'm in Hollywood and confused. My plan was to see it (where else) at Grauman's Chinese at 12:01 am, go get drunk with my friends and then go back at 10am to a second showing like I did for AOTC. Now I hear that another theatre that isn't allowed to premiere the same movies as Grauman's will be premiering it even though the charity line-up is outside of Grauman's. If there aren't any Los Angeles folks in here, take these for the ramblings of a crazy man.

17. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Midnight with some friends.
    Then I'll probably see it with each of my parents.
    And providing it is a good film, will see it at least another time with friends.

-Seldon

18. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I have a question (2 actually). When is the best time to view RotS you think? I usually go at midnight and then wait 2 weeks before I see it again. In my area at midnight showings though no one says anything, people are sleepy, and the atmosphere is not so good.

Is that similiar with other midnight showings or should I just see it opening day in hopes for a more lively crowd.

Second question is RotS going to be on IMAX, I'll definetly have to hit it up there if so. AotC's was much better on the BIG screen.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I've booked the 19th off work. I'm not missing the day I've been waiting over twenty-five years to see. ;)

20. Kesel

Kesel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 1999
    Midnite show on the 18th. I can't wait.

21. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Well so much for missing school that day. I will be going at 7 in the evening. Which is pretty good because one of my friends, who is completely obessed with Star Wars (just as much as I am) will be going at the same time. So I'm sure on Friday we will be talking about it.

22. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I have my tickets for my first, last & only midnight showing. :p

23. Crow_T_Robot

Crow_T_Robot Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2002
    7:30 PM on Wednesday the 18th.

24. ZombieMonkey

ZombieMonkey Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2000
    May 12th, 18th(12:01),19th,20th(Digital)

25. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    May 12th, 7:30PM Eastern Standard Time
    May 19th, 12:01AM Eastern Standard Time

I don't know the exact time and dates of the next 5-10 shows I'll be attending...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.