main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends When Blue Eyes met Green L/M - Update 04/09

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by EmeraldJediFire, Jan 26, 2013.

1. EmeraldJediFire

EmeraldJediFire Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2012
    Well I'm glad you like it.

2. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Really liked this last post with Ben & Luke moment..
    I liked Ben's question, Luke's long explanation.. He's right relationships aren't always simple or easy or straight-forward & L/M's wasn't exactly a typical romance lol :p
    Great post! :D

3. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Finally got a chance to finish reading these. I love the look at the "trivialities" of Luke and Mara in their marriage. With all the non-stop galactic threats in the books, sometimes it's easy to forget that they're still (semi) regular people that occasionally argue over mundane things.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  4. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Thanks to all who has been reading and those who just started: Briannakin, Jade_eyes, Hazel, mayo_durron_666, Lea-El, Stone Jade

I love writing father/son moments as you can see. I'm not sure what started me on this particular subject, but I thought it would be an interesting topic. Because I had been thinking about it, many people were surprised about the oh I've known you for 10 years and suddenly we're in love...but maybe he was in love with her...now that I've thought about it for awhile. After all, you don't give a friend your father's lightsaber. (and Callista is .....well you know)

Lea-El, Stone Jade...I'm so glad you guys are liking this thread!

And this new oneshot seems totally out of left field..but it had a funny premise.

Title: The Breast of Changes
    Mara stood in front of the full-length mirror, examining her body. Her shirt was pulled up past her breasts.

Through all she'd been in her life, there weren't many marks. She placed a hand on her rounded stomach and smiled. Soon, she thought. Well, in three more months.

Pregnant.

The idea often baffled her. She'd never thought of herself as the motherly type—and years ago she couldn't even fathom actually becoming pregnant and not minding the thought of it.
    She then examined her breasts.

"Do these look big to you?"

Luke looked up from their bed.

"Do what?"

"My breasts, you dolt."

"They're perfect."

Mara glared at his reflection. "That's not what I asked."

Luke sighed exasperatedly. "What do you want me to say?"

He knew that if he spoke the wrong word he could end up with a vibroblade flying at his head. Luke might have been naïve at times, but he was not stupid.

"I asked you if they look bigger."

"Your breasts?"

She scowled. "Okay, now you really are an idiot."

"Well," Luke tilted his head to the side. "I can 't tell from this vantage point."

"Then come over here." She demanded as if speaking to a child.

Luke got up and walked over to her, trying not to stare. He hadn't been lying though, they were perfect.

"You can't tell me anything if you're not looking at them properly."

"I know what they look like, Mara."

"Then you'll be able to tell if they're bigger." She thrust her chest up.

"Um…"

"Is there something wrong with them?"

"That's not it."

"They're too big, aren't they?"

"Mara. Listen..."

He could see his wife was getting emotional.

"All right...so maybe they're not the same shape anymore," Mara was looking very cross. "It doesn't mean you have to avert your eyes. After all, you got me pregnant; so you can sure as hell look at my breasts." She accused. "You sure didn't have a problem that night if I remember correctly."

"That's not it at all. If you'll just.."

She glared openly at him some more.

"I'll take a look at them."

Luke examined them from where he was standing to her left side. He could feel his wife giving off annoyed vibes. He walked around to the front to examine them full frontal. "I suppose..." He said slowly.

"I think they are, but I don't think you can tell just by looking. Here," Mara then grabbed his hands and pressed them against her breasts. "Feel."

"What do you want me to do exactly?"

She rolled her eyes.

Luke tentatively moved his hands over them, causing her to shudder involuntarily.

"I said, feel not grope." She ground out.

He ignored his wife's outburst. "I suppose they are a little fuller than usual, if I recall correctly." He looked up at her. "I don't think it's anything out of the ordinary though. As you point out often, you are pregnant. I believe this is normal."

"Normal?"

"Haven't you been listening to anything my sister's been saying, Mara?"

"I'm sorry; I've been busy fighting for my life. So, no I haven't had time to indulge in the mommy-like things. So glad you find time." She said snippily.
    " I've also been around a lot of pregnant women. I notice things."

"You made it a point at staring at married women's breasts."

"Of course not. You just...notice them."

"Really?" She smiled slowly. "So, how do mine rate?"

"Mara, let's not do this."

"How do mine rate, Skywalker?"

"Mara, you know you're perfect in my book."

"Rate." She repeated stubbornly.

"Mara, they're perfect."

"Ten point system."

He gave his wife a tired look. "You're a ten."

She narrowed her eyes. "Really?"

"A perfect ten. Hell, as whole you're a perfect ten."

"Thank you." She pulled down her shirt.

"And I'm an extremely lucky man."

"You're not just saying that to placate me?" Mara's lower lip stuck out.

"I would never." He took her hands in his. "I meant every word, Mara."

"You better have." She growled. "You're lucky I'm so understanding."

With that said, she left the cabin, leaving Luke standing there jaw agape.

5. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hehehe. Oh poor Luke. A pregnant red-head isn't easy to deal with.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  6. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Read three more. Farmers chrono, Living the moment and Mara Jade Light.=D=

I don't read much saga but this is great.

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Poor Luke! He's really walking on thin ice there.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Luke's right that is normal, for them to get fuller. ;) More for him to stroke and ... enjoy. ;) [face_mischief] Especially for a lady with less than full breasts, she probably would appreciate the slightly bigger look, even if it's temporary -- hee! But if Mara's already full-chested, she's thinking: I really don't need this, but it's probably actually the whole hormonal pregnant thing she's over. [face_laugh] Luke has to tread carefully, but he's sweet enough to do it :* :)

9. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    Hahaha![face_laugh] Excellent post! Such a random domestic moment between L/M..
    Totally reminded me of a scene in Bruce Almighty where she ask's same question and he's like 'what do you mean.. bigger???' [face_laugh]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  10. EmeraldJediFire

Feb 23, 2012
    Note: This idea came to me, when I was thinking about Luke and Mara's retreat to Garqi before they were married. I had originally one part planned for this scene but it didn't work out. So maybe I can write another scene where I can work it in.

I'd like to thank all my readers, I haven't forgotten your kind reviews. mayo_durron_666, Jade_eyes, Briannakin, Hazel, Lea-El

From what I've garnered I think we can all agree..a pregnanat Mara is nothing to trifle with and Luke SHOULD be very careful.

Mayo: I remember that scene. And she tries to make them bounce to prove her point.

“What’s wrong, Skywalker? Are we getting tired” Mara grinned as she said this, climbing higher up the mountain.

“No, I’m just enjoying the scenery.”

“Oh, is that what’s it’s called when you stop to take frequent water breaks.” She pulled herself up a few feet more. “I thought you kept yourself in peak condition.”

“I am.” He grunted, grabbing hold of a ledge. “It’s just when I planned this, I envisioned something less…strenuous. You know something that would actually involve getting to know eachother, not climbing Force-forsaken mountain. Didn’t you have enough of that on Nirauan?”

She smirked upon hearing this and pulled herself the rest of the way up, until she was kneeling at the summit.

“Funny, I thought this is what we did best.” She snarked, watching him come closer.

“Sometimes best…” Another grunt. “Isn’t always the best.”

“Oh, I beg to differ.”

Luke craned his head up, Mara was grinning widely.

“You’re enjoying this.” He said trying not to sound accusatory.

“Oh, no. I’m just ‘enjoying the scenery’.”

“Hah,” Grunt. “Hah. Hah.”

She upright with her hands on her knees. “Oh, c’mon spoilsport. You’re almost there.” She extended a hand, a warm smile gracing her face. “Here, take my hand...”

Luke looked up into her dazzling green eyes and fell in love all over again. How had he missed this? How had he been so blind all these years?

He took on her hand and climbed up the rest of the way.

When he had gotten to his feet, he turned around and looked off into the sunset.

“It’s certainly beautiful isn’t it?” He murmured, turning to smile at her. “I knew this would be a perfect place for us.”

Mara stepped up next to him and looked at the sun.

“It’s strange.” She said, gently taking hold of his hand. “You think you’ve seen one sunset, you’ve seen them all.” She rested her cheek against his shoulder. “But this...this is somehow different.”

Luke looked down upon with a sense of overwhelming love.

“I know what you mean.”

Jade_eyes likes this.
  11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Squee and LOL for Luke's falling in love all over again and his sweet words and Mara's teasing. Yes, they both have great "scenery" to bask in. :D

12. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Awww, I loved the ending to this one! [face_love]

Jade_eyes likes this.
  13. Stone Jade

Stone Jade Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 27, 2013
    Loved this.

I actually always had a theory that L/M would enjoy hiking/climbing together, because it would remind them of the few times they'd spent together prior to marriage (Myrkr, Wayland, Nirauan). I even wrote that into my half-complete L/M vacation novel.

Great job.

Jade_eyes likes this.
  14. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Aww! Very sweet missing scene from Union!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I love to see them have fun, even if it's not the kind of fun Luke was thinking of. :p

Jade_eyes likes this.
  16. Kat-Arva

Kat-Arva Jedi Padawan

Apr 7, 2013
    There's really something... Something sweet and warm, that makes you smile.
    What else can I write?

No doubt, You feel those characters very well. So we (readers) can look at them "through your eyes".

And I really enjoyed all of the stories.
    *waiting for new ones*

P.S. May the Muse be with you.)

Jade_eyes likes this.
  17. mayo_durron_666

Nov 26, 2005
    This made me smile..:D
    Good L/M characterizations..
    And the ending.. Perfect Aww!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  18. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I loved this one --- hormonal Mara is grand! And I enjoyed the chat between Han and Luke - very precious.

Nyota's Heart likes this.