main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did Anaxes join the New Republic?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Feb 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I personally can't find any dates, per se.

Though I'm assuming it was an Imperial Fortress World.

2. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    I thought that Anaxes was loyal to Coruscant, rather than the government. I'd imagine it going over to the NR not long after Coruscant is secured.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Apparently it was passed between Warlords, and it might have been Imperial with Ralltiir during the Pellaeon Empire years, before the Bastion Accords.

4. Pelranius

Pelranius Jedi Master star 5

Apr 25, 2003
    They probably wouldn't have been too impressed with things after Coruscant fell to the Vong, so they probably pulled a Corellia during the NJO if they were still part of the NR at the time.

5. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Yeah, the author of the Anaxes entry (Was it Fry?) mentioned that the world was not loyal to the Empire, but loyal to the idea of Coruscant and the Core. He said that Anaxes probably would of joined the New Republic once the majority of the Core was in their hands. Seeing as that the Core was secured for the NR by four years after Endor, Anaxes probably joined around this time.

Personally, I hope that it is retconned that the reason the New Republic fleet was not defending Coruscant in force during the siege by Thrawn was that their main force for the area was based at Anaxes. That would explain why Thrawn hit all outsystem communication stations early on, making sure that Anaxes did not get the message that Coruscant was under attack.

As for Raltiir, it was liberated by the NR early on.

--Adm. Nick

6. Fingolfin_Noldor

Fingolfin_Noldor Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2004
    Raltiir was probably one of the sites of some Imperial Atrocity? Or was it Ghorman only?

How far is Anaxes from Coruscant? Approximate hyperspace transit time at x1?

7. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Ralltiir was put under martial law and sieged, and then, when things calmed down, attacked by two Imperial Star Destroyers searching for a bunch of scientists. Then it calmed down again, Imperial till 6 months after Endor.

As for Raltiir, it was liberated by the NR early on

Yes, Nick, but I mean post-Byss. Sorry for that. Post-Byss, it has an Imperial Governor.

8. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    What is the source? According to Coruscant and the Core Worlds, Raltiir was part of the New Republic until the Reborn Emperor's forces retook the majority of the Core. According to the book, the majority of Raltiir's 10 billion citizens evacuated the planet. The book also states that within a year the world was back in New Republic hands. (Following the defeat of Clone Palpy.

So is the governor you are refering to from that year it was in Imperial hands? Cause other than that, it was NR up through the Yuuzhan Vong Invasion, as well as being a very likely member of the Galactic Alliance.

--Adm. Nick

9. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Apparently, if I remember McEwok right, Ralltiir's government is an Imperial Governor. Might
    have been the Core Worlds book, perhaps. I don't have them anymore.

10. AdmiralNick22

May 28, 2003
    McEwok is wrong. :) i am sure that he was either refering to the Imperial Era or else he mispoke.

--Adm. Nick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.