main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did C-3PO work on Binary Loadlifters?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Leialong, Apr 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Railinalduhs

Railinalduhs Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    What? Chaizze? Tantooween is obviously not taintowing.

2. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    I think it was when c3p0 went to tainkstoewings the first time when he learned bacchi which I believe was the primary language of the binary load lifters. That was when he was in the service of Lando and Chewie. I think he was actually lying to Owen, because he knew that if he didnt say that he would not get the hot oil bath treatment and body massage....and boy he needed that. R2 was sick of his stank draws, thats why he keeps trying to leave C3p0 in ANH. C3P0 also whispers to Jabba that he did it all for the wookie in EOT7 and that was when he was there the 3rd time. He was the one standing next to him.

Don't even get......

3. AllTamTranRatCheer

AllTamTranRatCheer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 3, 2005
    I breifly remember C2PO whispering to Jabba, but ionly for a breif moment as jabba was being Choked by Leia. he said to him in the book, you will not ever taunt me again. You may be old and wise, but I am a robot, and can. And will. And then he said, I did it all for the wookie, the wookie. And said, good night. Now as far as Jabba goes, he never messed with them again.

To touch on a earlier point in your reply, about C3PO lying to Owen. Not sure I agree. I know droids are scandlous, and can also even all jumping. But not aure they would trixie. I guess I need to watch that again.

4. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "User agrees not to post material that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, misleading, inaccurate..."

5. AllTamTranRatCheer

May 3, 2005
    I think those were more humerous than puposely inaccurate or misleading. I think as a mod, you need to look more into whether someone has the intent to mislead. if it is humor, that should be allowed to a point.

6. Boola Cronk

Boola Cronk Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 5, 1999
    right...just what alltamtran said

7. BikBreadandallnem

BikBreadandallnem Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I agree. Can me? Same here. I think it all needs to be recorded in a meeting.

8. AllTamTranRatCheer

May 3, 2005
    Record them? Ok lets get back on track here. C3PO obviously worked on load lifters. Now ehen and where? well that is what Booler has been trying to answer the whole time.

9. BikBreadandallnem

BikBreadandallnem Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2005
    I guess the point really is, Load lifters were common practice for a proto droid. If he wanted to, he could have done it again I suppose.

10. OzYank

OzYank Jedi Youngling

Mar 25, 2005
    It actually wowed me a bit when I was watching a marathon of the 5 films last Xmas.

When Threepio mentions "one of his first jobs", I made the connection to what he was doing on Tatooine helping Shmi and later at the Lars homestead. I find it kind of neat that when Threepio mentions his first job, he actually did it 23-33 years ago on Tatooine...and in the same exact place where he is when he says it, at the Lars homestead, just that he has no record (currently) of it that it was actually here where he did that job.

Perhaps Threepio doesn't get his memory completely wiped after Ep3 to the point that he's useless and needs to be re-programmed fully to be a competent protocol droid. Possibly, memory relating to where he's been, his interactions with beings, events etc. are wiped (Tatooine isn't familiar to him in Ep4), however non-descriptive data relating to past objectives and jobs (binary load lifters) remain, data which could hold some weak links to the pre-wipe PT era of Threepio's "life". This could explain his "thank the maker" line when he's getting cleaned. His choice of words indirectly relates to his creator, Anakin, who comes from the same planet he is on now and who's mother lived at the same place for several years. Some small PT data left in him could have triggered those choise of words.

Also, perhaps Threepio has some weak mechanism programmed within him that forces him to shut down if his "reasoning" could potentially release some sensitive information from the little PT data he has in him, so he shuts down just in time when Ben talks about Luke's father and his lightsaber to "clear his mind" before he'll get switched on again.

I know this may all sound a bit forced, but it's neat to think that, in this way, Threepio still has some small PT era data in him, given the clues he gives the viewers upon arriving on Tatooine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.