main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did Han forgive Lando?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Boola Cronk, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    Ha ha! That's a pretty good parody! But how about this exchange instead:

LANDO: Han!

HAN: Yes, Your Highnessness?

LANDO: I thought you decided to stay.

HAN: Well, the bounty hunter we ran into on Ord Mantell changed my mind.

LANDO: Han, we need you!

HAN: We?

LANDO: Yes.

HAN: Oh, what about you need?

LANDO: (mystified) I need?I don't know what you're talking about.

HAN: (shakes his head, fed up) You probably don't.

LANDO: And what precisely am I supposed to know?

HAN: Come on! You want me to stay because of the way you feel about me.

LANDO: Yes. You're a great help to us. You're a natural leader...

HAN: No! That's not it. Come on. Aahhh - uh huh! Come on.

LANDO: You're imagining things.

HAN: Am I? Then why are you following me? Afraid I was going to leave without giving you a goodbye kiss?

LANDO: I'd just as soon kiss a Wookiee.

HAN: I can arrange that. You could use a good kiss!

2. chopman

chopman Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    Why would Han forgive Lando when Han was the one who brought the Empire to Bespin and began terrorizing the people there?? Han got what he deserved.

3. morpha2

morpha2 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 12, 2005
    ???

Han didn't know he was being followed by bounty hunters hired by the Empire. He went to great lengths to give the Empire the slip, but was outfoxed by Boba Fett.

Lando, on the other hand, served Han and his friends to Vader on a silver platter after deceiving him into thinking they were safe in Cloud City (remember, the Empire was there before Han, etc. even showed up).

And yeah, yeah, Lando was just doing what was best for his people--but try telling that to the guy that got tortured and frozen in carbonite!

4. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I don't think Lando would blame Han for that. Han didn't really lead the Empire there. He did his best to escape them and pretty much did. He just didn't anticipate the Empire to be using someone as clever and knowledgable as Boba Fett (and, if the EU is to be believed, Dengar and IG-88) that would successfully track him.

Besides, Han accidentally leads the Empire to Bespin. Lando knowingly betrays them. Of course, when he first makes the deal, it's not even that bad. Let the Empire stay for a while until they can lure some guy that Lando's never even heard of, then the Empire leaves and never returns. It's that or let the Empire take over Cloud City and its people.

Anyway, I can see how Han might forgive Lando by the time they reach the Pit, especially if he learns that Lando helped not only bust Leia and Chewie out of Cloud City, but has also been a major part of pretty much every rescue attempt they've had for Han up to this point.

5. chopman

chopman Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2005
    Regardless of whether Han knew he was bringing the Empire there, he was still responsible for bringing them. He is the only reason that Vader goes there. And he didn't serve them up on a silver platter. He had to choose between giving up an estranged friend who put in that mess in the first place, and his own people. I don't blame him for saving his people over Han.

6. RamRed

RamRed Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Han didn't know he was being followed by bounty hunters hired by the Empire. He went to great lengths to give the Empire the slip, but was outfoxed by Boba Fett.

And the reason Boba Fett managed to outfox him was because Han was busy congratulating himself for giving Vader the slip.

Yeah, he needs to apologize to Lando.

7. Mayor_Adam_West

Mayor_Adam_West Jedi Master star 2

Aug 22, 2006
    I always hated the fact that they all act like Lando's a traitor for what he did. I mean did they really think he had a choice? He's got a damned city full of people to look out for. Han and Leia owe him an apology.

8. BaronLandoCalrissian

BaronLandoCalrissian Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Probably when, at some point in the cell, Chewie told him "Lando saved all of us from Darth Vader"

9. emporergerner

emporergerner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2005
    I agree for the most part, but I don't think they owe him an apology.

I think Chewie owes him an apology for choking him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.