main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did I get a title?

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by DonC, Aug 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    I just noticed Zod and I now have titles, when did this happen?

Can I do other cool stuff, like having my name appear in red?

2. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    Ooh, ooh, can I become Baron Administrator Of Cloud City??? Just kidding. I'm ready for the trials, Krash. I'm waiting for a Council position. I would say I can hold my own in battle. I already have Master status. My Padawan, he can still use some work, but he's technically still a youngling at 9. I can hear Krash saying "Patience, Etra-Sco..." in a Qui-Gon aboard the Trade Federation droid control ship voice right now...

3. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Wow! Well this is very unexpected. I wonder who did that?

Edit: I just took a look around and other Fan Force chapters have them also. So we are not the only ones with them.

4. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    Since Krash isn't in here yet, I'll let you in on the basics. :)

Your titles are a little nod in your direction for your help in your FanForce Group. It takes more than one person to keep a group running smoothly, and as a bit of a "thank you," you've received a title.

But as far as colors go, I'm afraid that's something that isn't permissible. Just the title.

So, enjoy and be prepared for the PMs you may now receive when new people start showing up and begin to ask you for advice. ;)

-THD @(-_-)@

5. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HULK WANT PUNY TITLE!
    HULK STRONGEST THERE IS, HULK IS MOST DESERVING OF TITLE....

HELLO...

BAH! HULK TIRED...HULK GO HOME NOW...

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    I was hoping to surprise you guys, but you guys beat me to it.

Thank you Huntress for explaining the purpose behind the new titles. I found out about them on the City Rep Forum, and immediately thought of you two. Wanted to do something nice for my fellow "council" members; and get you some measure of "official recognition."

Now the bad news, not everyone gets to have a title. Sebulba asked that we keep the number of titles give to a minimum.

And like I said at the cookout/meeting (Celebration II.5) I consider you all very important members, who contribute alot to making this Fanforce work. In time, as we grow in numbers, I would gladly have all of you as members of "the jedi council" of The Jedi Knights of Cleveland.

7. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    Congrats on getting a Title anyway :) :D

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

8. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    grumble....

Hulk Still want puny title

hehehehhehe

9. shinjo_jedi

shinjo_jedi Jedi Master star 5

May 21, 2002
    I would take up the Chant, but...No :p

Cheers,
    Shinjo!

10. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Glad you like them. :D

My stance on titles (whether it's changed or not, I can't recall) is that the group decides what's necessary. I've given titles for Book Club Leaders all the way up to club Presidents...they can be used as a honor or simply for informational purposes...totally up to you guys. They're easy to add/edit/take away, so if you guys want me to give more of them out then I can.

Things to keep in mind:

1. 50 character limit, so forced returns <br> take up 4 of them.
    2. There's a standard format of:

FanForce (or FF) Blah-blah title
    <br>Cleveland OH USA

The last part alone takes up about 20, though if there's a abbreviation for Cleveland that acceptable, we can squeeze out a few letters that way.

So anyway, something for you guys to talk about. :)

Also, while I'm at it...if you guys ever want to design your own custom banner for your forum (I just recently made one for the Indianapolis one) let me know. ;)

Also #2, If you want custom links and announcements added to your menu bar (see the Indy forum or Detroit's for an example, let me know. ;)

11. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    HULK DEFFINATLY WANTS PUNY TITLE! HULK WILL SMASH ALL FOR RIGHT TO HAVE PUNY TITLE!
    HULK GOOD AT SMASHING THINGS!

Ok, I want a title, but I want a useless title...like
    Mullet, or Comic Geek, or Sector Idiot(instead of village idiot, get it?).

Or good titles for me, Prop Maker, Sith Lord...I mean Jedi Knight, Jedi Councle(come one, I can vote!), Yoda Impersonator.

And as for the banner, shall I start working on one?

BANNER? WHERE IS BANNER! HULK SMASH PUNY BANNER, HE THINKS HE IS SMART, BUT HULK IS STRONGET ONE THERE IS, STUPID BRUCE BANNER

12. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    I think the Marines have a title called Swordmaster or something from back in the day when they used to combat with swords. I'm thinking we could give out a title like that for saber combat.

13. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I had asked RidingMyCaroselOnYou to make a sample banner for us, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. [face_plain] Maybe I'll go and bug him.... [face_devil]

14. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Random,

It's not the Marines, it's the U.S. Military Academy. The title is The Master of the Sword. The woman (first one in West Point history) holding the rank is basically the school's athletic director.

It is a sweet title though. I was thinking we could go for something like: The Master of the Effervescent Blade with No Mass or just Master of the Blade.

But who is it? A duel we must have!!!

-b-

15. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    You're right Brian, that is the title for a position at West Point. It's coming back to me now. I just saw it like a week ago on The Learning Channel, and thought it was a cool title.

16. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Actually, it was The History Channel.

I think the show was The Long Grey Line...

-b-

17. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    One of these days, we'll have to have a contest to test "our skills with a lightsaber"

I've held my own in the few sparing matches we've had. And I have a few ideas of some of the early contenders are:

JediKnightPasJoDacle - fencing style, very graceful, few weak spots

Random - well balanced attack, learn some of Mullet's technique...but still the learner. Very effective with low attcks (attack 5 and attack 6 in the AOTC visual dictionary)

JJJ - Like myself, Cindy uses a form III lightsaber technique, maximizes defensive protection. But her attacks have surprising power behind them. As the pain in my thumb proved on Saturday.

WILDCARDS:

Padawan92 - As my student, I understand her technique more then anyone, sometime better then herself. While there is room for growth, has a very effective counter-offensive. When she is in tune with the Force, she can be a powerful opponent.

Jedi_BMack - While he is good at fight choreography, he can be quickly check-mated by some creative strategy. However, his "drunken-monkey" lightsaber form (seen at Celebration II.5 and Cindy's pool party) is a very unpredictable and effective technique. Also, beware his wit and banter, he'll assume a voice or funny character and throw you off guard with laughter.

18. TheRandomMenace

Mar 13, 2002
    "Random - well balanced attack, learn some of Mullet's technique...but still the learner. Very effective with low attcks (attack 5 and attack 6 in the AOTC visual dictionary)"

Clarification: Still the learner? Neither PJD, nor anyone else has taught me. For the record has gone undefeated against PJD and a variety of other opponents.

19. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    Having fought with both of you, Jon and I matched up very evenly at Cindy's pool party, I noticed that you have many similar techniques as he does. I assumed you learned them from him. He's a more skilled fencing form then you, but you utilize a number of the seven lightsaber forms.

I meant no disrespect, I just commented on the similarity between your technique and his.

20. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Ya, no, he didn't learn from me. And when we faught I was just begining to learn how to fence and didn't even use that technieque, rematch we must have....

21. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Krash: I was hoping to surprise you guys, but you guys beat me to it.

I was surprised (my actual reply to seeing this isn't printable here, but it rhymes with "what the duck" ;) ). Thanks.

22. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I am glad you liked it, whenI heard about them...I thought of you guys. Besides, being a member of the "jedi council" should have some kind of perks!

23. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    *Stands in line to recieve a title*

"Hey who wants to join me?"

24. Krash

Oct 11, 2000
    I told you, as we grown in numbers as a Fanforce...I'm willing to add more members of "the council" (hence, would be given a title) PLUS, if there you're willing to come up with some ideas to expand the Fanforce (book club, collecting group, costume fan group) I'd consider asking for a title for the leader of that.

25. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Althought I want to be a member of the councle, I'd give that seat up in a minute for a Crazy/useless title.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.