main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST When did Kylo realise Rey was Force sensitive?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nonesuch, Feb 16, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    ^See my above post (literally right above yours) for my take on that line. Now I won't rule out the next film pulling the "he actually knows who she is" reveal. But for right now, that's my personal take on it.

AmySolo likes this.
  2. Millennium Falcon 888

Millennium Falcon 888 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    For me, it has to be during that mind-reading scene, when Rey managed to repel all of Kylo's attempts to obtain information from her, considering this was so easy for Kylo when done on Poe earlier... The look of disbelief on his face says it all! [face_dancing]

3. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also he captured her REALLY easily before. And yet here she is, not only resisting his mind probe, but turning it back around on him. Adam Driver's face says it all, he was SHOCKED!! That did not go AT ALL how he thought it would.

4. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    The very existence of Maz proves they only hunted the trained Jedi. We know the Emperor's guards were all FS (well, did know, not entirely certain that's still canon) but even in clone wars we see FS that aren't trained as Sith or Jedi (Night sisters, etc) so there's plenty evidence for us to assume there are who knows how many FS in the galaxy. We see throughout the movies and other materials that unless they are attuned/looking for it, most FS of any level don't realize the person standing next to them is as well.

RobbyV likes this.
  5. RobbyV

RobbyV Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2015

In all likelihood, "it" was the pain from the mind-reading (something earlier established with Poe's mind read). So no, I don't think he even felt that she was FS before she turned the tables on him.

6. Teaser Day

Teaser Day Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 28, 2014
    He knows about Rey even before the movie starts. I think it's obvious that he knows where she come from.

7. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    I don't.

8. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    Kylo knows Rey is force sensitive from the word go but didn't really realize how strong until the mind probe. Then again part of the reason why she was able to probe his mind is due to "sentiment" for her.

9. Dagobah Dragonsnake

Dagobah Dragonsnake Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2016
    "Don't be afraid ... I feel it too ..." Both Rey and Kylo are works in progress, (albeit at different stages), evolving within the Force. When he enters her mind, he immediately sees her Force connection and instantly gets the sense something is active there. He understands this channeling, he has been there at the stage she is now, and he tells her not to be afraid of things she is feeling at the moment, the mind probe being one of them. "Don't be afraid ... I feel it too ..." He is expressing an understanding of her Force sensitivity and that now, do to his probing, the enhancement of that connection to the Force. He has not, at this moment, realized how strong that channeling is, but does so only a moment later when she not only resists but turns it back on him.

nonesuch and beebee-ate like this.
  10. Force is Faith

Force is Faith Jedi Youngling

Feb 16, 2016
  11. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015

That's exactly how it read it - thanks for describing the dynamic so well! I'm surprised that so many people think "I feel it too" had nothing to do with Rey's FS, though I understand people's reasoning.

12. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Good question. My theory was that he didn't know who she was when he spared her life and left her on Jakku. He probably knew she was a Force User, as she was being trained at the academy, but never knew she was a relative and therefore as strong in the Force as he was. But after probing her mind and Rey reading his own pretty much convinced him she is just as powerful as he is, if not more powerful. And again, I don't think he knows who she really is, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.