main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did Palpatine come back?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Ive_Got_Two_Legs, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ive_Got_Two_Legs

Ive_Got_Two_Legs Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 18, 2005
    I don't recall I've ever seen a time for when he actually returned from wandering around dismebodied.

I know that, after Endor, his spirit floated around for a while. Then he posessed one of his Hands. Then he somehow (I remember not how) got in contact with Sate, who then took the posessed Hand to Byss, where Palpatine finally got back into his clone body.

Can someone tell me when, exactly, this all took place? Also, how long before DE was Palpatine calling ships back to the Deep Core?

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Tuesday.

Okay, seriously, I'm pretty sure I've read that he was at Byss at least as soon as the Thrawn Trilogy. Probably wasn't too much earlier than that. What hyperdrive classification does a disembodied Sith spirit have, exactly?

3. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    From what various sources like the Dark Empire Sourcebook and various Adventure Journals impute, he arrived on Byss after approximately a year of disembodied-ness; Sate Pestage was impeached as Grand Vizier "within days" after Endor, fleeing to the Deep Core, yet reappearing after Krennel's tender ministrations at Ciutric, presumably months later.

Further, it's stated that Palpatine spent "[many] years" after his arrival there in contemplation and preparation, beginning to recall many of his ships Coreward. It was mere days or weeks after Endor that the many of the sector fleets reattached themselves to the Ruling Council's authority; the year before Bilbringi is when Palps began working his juju on the remnants in earnest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.