main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit When Did the First New Jedi Graduate?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Red.Two, Jun 9, 2013.

1. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    In what year and what book did Luke graduate the first new Jedi Knights?

2. Grand Admiral Crumb

Grand Admiral Crumb Jedi Padawan star 1

Apr 25, 2013
    The first official "graduation" is in the third book of the Jedi Academy trilogy, but anytime Luke encounters a Force sensitive he seems to have an inability at not teaching them what he has learned. The first property that has Luke "showing off" his skills to a potential student is somewhere in the Marvel series I think, but he isn't willing at that time to formally take on any students.

Red.Two likes this.
  3. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    11 ABY - "Champions of the Force" (part 3 of KJA's Jedi Academy Trilogy). Some of those events also retold in MAS's "I Jedi".

Red.Two likes this.
  4. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Didn't Dorsk 81 get a second graduation near the start of Darksaber?

5. Red.Two

Red.Two Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 25, 2012
    Thanks!

6. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    I only vaguely remember the end of the JAT, but I more distinctly remember Dorsk 81 and Kyp Durron being his first official wandering Jedi Knights in Darksaber. In JAT, Luke's first Jedi class defeated Exar Kun, so that's definitely an impressive achievement, but I think Dorsk and Kyp are the first who are told to go out and help the galaxy. Although it was kind of funny having Kyp be one of the first graduates, but oh well. My memory is probably still off too. I think there was this short story in one of the anthologies where Kyp was traveling around under an assumed name, because of the shame he felt over his actions (far different from the brash, aggressive Kyp we got when the NJO started).

7. AdmiralNick22

AdmiralNick22 Retired Fleet Admiral star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2003
    Well, according to Darksaber, the first three Jedi Knights to be fully graduated are Kyp Durron, Dorsk 81, and Cilghal. Not that KJA was consistent with any of this.

--Adm. Nick

8. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    We need to know the fate of Dracos. Was Kiro ever a Jedi? He would look awesome with a lightsaber.

9. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Darksaber is the first "you're Jedi Knights now" promotion ceremony.

10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    As others have said, the first Jedi to be fully Knighted were Kyp Durron, Cilghal, and Dorsk 81, in Darksaber.