When did you become a SW fan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Commander Antilles, Sep 6, 2001.

?

When did you become a SW fan?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Seeing ANH 368 vote(s) 48.9%
Seeing ESB 52 vote(s) 6.9%
Seeing ROTJ 51 vote(s) 6.8%
When post 1991 EU began 53 vote(s) 7.0%
Seeing the Special Editions 151 vote(s) 20.1%
Seeing TPM 78 vote(s) 10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master

star 6

Remade to include all possible options today: http://boards.theforce.net/census_and_games/b10264/26218434/p1/?0
  2. Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master

star 6
    I was hooked after A New Hope
  3. Aralna Jedi Master

star 4
    2nd grade, watching ANH. But not when it was in theaters. More like 1994ish, give or take a year. :)
  4. FurryDuck Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Seeing ANH when I was 2 or 3 (it was in the late 80s). All I remembered were the Tatooine scenes, Darth Vader and the lightsabers. Then I just kind of forgot about it.

A few years ago I really got into SW again when I told one of my best friends that I was Obi-Wan Kenobi. I don't know why either.
  5. Jayd Jedi Youngling

star 3
    When I saw ESB with my dad in Year 6, 1994, on the telly. I fell in love, and the next day I went to the library to find SW books. Guess what I found? Dark Force Rising. Then HTTE and TLC (though I had to order that one in). So technically Zahn hooked me, even though ESB got me thinking about SW.

Not that you care. :)

~Jayd
  6. Oakessteve Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well, probably when I saw Empire Strikes Back, but I watched that on video, so does that count?
  7. Kadue Jedi Knight

star 5
    Picking up Heir to the Empire is what got me hooked. Although I did watch the movies on video all the time.
  8. B.J. Zanzibar Jedi Master

star 5
    I born in '71, so Star Wars was my Mother Goose.
  9. Beowulf Jedi Master

star 5
    7 years old, waiting in line for ANH. I still remember that too. My god I'm ancient
  10. Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight

star 6
    I loved Star Wars ever since I was 12. Yeah, a little late in the game, but hey, I always say better late than never. :)
  11. klingklang Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    After seeing ANH when I was 5.
  12. Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I really became a Star Wars fan when I went on Star Tours at MGM Studios around the late 80s/early 90s, but for the benefit of this poll it would be when I watched ROTJ in 1992.
  13. Aerica Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I didn't vote, cuz I would have to say that seeing all 3 OT movies made me a fan. I can't pick out just one. I have always, in the back of my mind, been a SW fan, but I had never seen all of the movies in their entirety to really get into it. But when USA Network (tv channel) showed the whole trilogy for a week in '96 or '97 (before I ever KNEW that the SE's were gonna come out), I REALLY got hooked. That was a wonderful time....Star Wars seemed so new and exciting!
  14. AdmiralZaarin Jedi Knight

star 5
    I saw ANH SE. All I remember is the Death Star Conference Room, and the Trench Run.
  15. Ret Jedi Knight

star 6
    When the SE's came out. I was born in 82, so I was a little late for the original releases.
  16. Fluke_Groundwalker Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I actually made fun of my friend for liking STAR WARS, until the Special Edition came out. I've been hooked ever since.
  17. BobaFettucini Jedi Youngling

Saw ANH in the theatres in '77 when I was 3. It's one of my first memories.
  18. jedsoon Jedi Youngling

i have been hooked from the beginning, seeing ANH in theatres in '77.
  19. Rogue_Starbuck Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Saw ANH when I was 4. Instantly hooked. I wanted more. And I got it, for the following year was 1983 and Return of the Jedi hit the cinema... :D
  20. Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I was half interested in SW in the mid-80's, but lost interest in 1987. That was it until 1996, when I started buying the toys and getting the official UK mag, just before the SEs came out.
  21. Bravo Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When I saw my first ever Star Wars movie Star Wars A New Hope in 5th grade, I was hooked from there on in. I have evry Star Wars movie and some guides and books. Star Wars rules!
  22. Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight

star 6
    Two years before the SEs came out, I just happened to watch ESB on tv, and was hooked.
  23. Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Well, my interest in SW began after seeing part of Return of the Jedi on TV one day (it was either in late 1994 or early 1995). But I truly became a fan after getting the Super Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back game for the SNES and seeing the OT on VHS for the first time.
  24. Whimper Jedi Master

star 4
    Around 1986 or so, when the movie channel was showing all three movies back to back. My parents taped ANH and ROTJ, and I watched them all the time. In fact, until the THX re-release in the mid-90s (the one before the SEs), I had only seen ESB twice, so to see it then was "very familiar, like something out of a dream". :)
  25. Haefalas Jedi Youngling

Probably when i saw the old editions on the TV... That was ages ago...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.