When did you become a SW fan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Commander Antilles, Sep 6, 2001.

?

When did you become a SW fan?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Seeing ANH 368 vote(s) 48.9%
Seeing ESB 52 vote(s) 6.9%
Seeing ROTJ 51 vote(s) 6.8%
When post 1991 EU began 53 vote(s) 7.0%
Seeing the Special Editions 151 vote(s) 20.1%
Seeing TPM 78 vote(s) 10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackyyy17 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have to say seeing a New Hope, just because that was the first one I ever watched.

My father gave my the tapes when I was 5 for Christmas.
  2. The_Crow Jedi Master

star 4
    ANH, when I was 4 years old or something. Thanks to my father!!
  3. zaphod_beeblebrox Jedi Knight

star 1
    It was proper time ago. Like, I can't even remember it.
  4. KudarMubat15 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Ever since I was a little kid and first saw Star Wars I liked it. I never was a major fan though, just like every regular person who kinda liked the movies. I think my real journey started around when AotC was released. I started to like it more and more. a few years after that but still before RotS was released, I found my long lost SW:TCG cards and started playing that game. I joined a Star Wars TCG message board, (illegally, because I was 12 at the time,) and I grew in knowledge and interest until I came where I am today.

So as that implies, it was a very gradual progression for me. It didn't really come all at one time.
  5. Dahlia_Santary Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'd have to say it was my best friend's fault I'm a SW fan, and some guilt should also pass to my two cousins. One day we went to the movie theater, but we came too late to watch the movie we were gonna see, so instead we ended up watching "that geeky moive" TPM. I came out of that movie with new eyes. Been a die hard fan ever since I guess.

But it was my friend who introduced me to the EU books.
  6. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    When I saw Jedi as a kid. I used to rush home everyday to watch it on HBO.
  7. rumsmuggler Chosen One

star 7
    I've been a fan for as long as I can remember(early 80's.) The first on film I remember watching all the way through is ESB.
  8. Die_Wassernixe Jedi Knight

star 2
    I became a fan the first time I saw ANH at the age of 8. I've been an avid fan ever since. :)
  9. Rebel_Padawan Force Ghost

star 4
    I had seen the OT here and there, but watching TPM for the first time back at the cinemas in what 99? yeah that got me hooked.
  10. jamesvader Jedi Knight

star 1
  11. hansen Force Ghost

star 4
    I was 8 years old and it was 1993. I was introduced to Star Wars through playing Super Star Wars on the SNES. Not long after that I saw the movies for the first time and I've been a fan ever since...
  12. padawanlissa Jedi Master

star 4
    I said after seeing Return of the Jedi. I saw the ending of Empire Strikes back first, then part of Return of the Jedi. After that I decided I wanted to watch them all.
  13. PGC Jedi Padawan

when I saw the original Star Wars film in 1977
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.