main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did you become a SW fan?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Commander Antilles, Sep 6, 2001.

?

When did you become a SW fan?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Seeing ANH

48.9%
  2. Seeing ESB

6.9%
  3. Seeing ROTJ

6.8%
  4. When post 1991 EU began

7.0%
  5. Seeing the Special Editions

20.1%
  6. Seeing TPM

10.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    reading HttE got me hooked.
    However I watched the movies all the time as a kid and SE sparked up my intrest again.

2. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
  3. Dead Star

Dead Star Jedi Youngling star 4

May 23, 2000
    I'we allwayes liked all kind of sci-fi and fantasy, so liked SW before the SE. I had all 3 on video, and i read some EU books and comics (back then I thought they were actually based on the origional scritps, and therfore cannon [face_blush] ) But my real fandom diddent started untill some time after or during the SE, when I got a SW hardcore-fan as a friend. He tought me well...

4. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    When I rented ANH back in '95.

5. plocool

plocool Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    After seeing the movie preview for ANH in 77,
    Going to New York theatre to see it. ! was about 3yrs old!!!

6. Lennier

Lennier Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2001
    I became a fan right from the start.

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I was born at the end of '71, which made me five when ANH came to the theaters. I played with the toys (damn, wish I still had some of them) and my mother would fix my long hair like Princess Leia's. Then my dad took me to see ESB when it came to the theater--for the purposes of this poll, I put ESB, but I think it's actually been a gradual process. I've always been a fan, but the real addiction started with the Special Editions in the theater in 1997 then with TPM in 1999.

8. Qui-Gon-Dave

Qui-Gon-Dave Jedi Youngling

Oct 6, 2001
    I think I first saw Star Wars (ANH) when I was very young (on TV). I really got into it when ESB was released, collecting all the toys etc I could get my hands on. (Which my mum gave away when I was about 13. AAAAH! NOOOO!)

I saw the special edidtion of ANH, but only really got back into it all when TPB came out.

I've still got a lot of catching up to do, collecting comics and books of the EU. BUT hey, it's great fun!

9. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Many years before the SEs came out, probably 92-93 ish. After one of the VHS rereleases.

10. Darth_Destructo

Darth_Destructo Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2001
    Original ROTJ.

11. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I actually loved the movie and was hooked for life when I was four years old. That was in 1977.

12. Destiny_Skywalker

Destiny_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2000
    I became a fan in 1994 when the Sci-Fi channel showed the trilogy, and my dad taped it. I totally fell in love with it then, even though I liked watching A New Hope occasionally in classes and stuff.

13. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    SE's...my excuse: not being alive when the OT came out...

14. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    i know i'm probabaly gonna be flamed for this but... the first time i saw ANH, it really did not interest me. i'd even say it bored me. it was weird watching a movie that was older than me. but that was years ago. the real thing that transformed me into the Star Wars freak that i am was ESB. now here was a movie that was older than me which i enjoyed. i just loved that movie. since then i've been obsessed and i have learned to love ANH in my own special way.

15. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Like DarthSapient, I was 4 when ANH came out in 1977, and I fell in love with everything Star Wars.

It went to a whole new level when ESB came out, and has grown and grown since then. Star Wars has a fan for life in me.

16. Dan

Dan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 15, 1999
    I'm a relatively new SW fan. The first time I saw it was during the Special Editions, and I loved it.

17. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    I fell in love when I was maybe in 1st grade. I saw ANH and absolutely loved it! My babysitter was a huge fan, and my little brothers loved the ships. I had the biggest crush on Luke! ;)

18. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Well, my brother gave me his old Star Wars toys when I was 2. Big mistake. I lost all the weapons and broke a few figures. Ah well, nothing like watching SW movies 3 times a day when your a little kid.

19. Duro_Blade

Duro_Blade Jedi Master star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    When i was 4 years old, by bigger brother that was around 15 at the time gave me the Original Trilogy movies for my birthday, and i've been a fan since. And now i'm a bigger fan than he is. :D

20. Clonetrooper-X

Clonetrooper-X Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2002
    After picking up the TPM DVD (plus the OT Trilogy Casettes). :D

21. LittleJedi

LittleJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    Heck, i can give you the exact date: 24th January 2000. I had chicken pox and was lying on the sofa trying desperately not to think about the itcing when my brother convinced me to watch The Phantom Menace.

I was in love. LOL ;)

I've been a huge fan ever since. I actually saw the 'I am your father scene' when i was about 10 but i never knew what it was. I now own all the movies, know them off by heart, own several books, soundtracks, write fanfiction, haunt these boards and know some of the most trivial SW trivia.

And my excuse: i was born 3 years after ROTJ came out so the original releases of the original trilogy was a bit before my time. :D ;)

-Little Jedi-
    MTFBWY

22. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Actually since i was born in 76 i didnt see anh in the theatres, but alot of my friends and relatives were into star wars, so they got me into it between anh and esb, so when esb came out it was very exciting for me, it is one of my earliest memories. So i put esb on the poll but it was more like between the two movies for me

23. Quietforce

Quietforce Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 5, 2001
    Actually, I guess I have a bit of an unusual story.

My best friend in the second grade, Holly, just LOVED Star Wars. Her favorite episode was Return of the Jedi, and so one day when I was over at her house she showed it to me.

I remember her mom would read the opening crawl to us (psh, we could read, but her mom is da bomb at this, trust me ;)) and all of the subtext during Jabba's lines, etc. I absolutely fell in love with that movie!!! It's still my favorite episode to this day.

And to think we were both just 7 year old girls. In about the 4th grade Holly got really into some of the EU books...I did, too, but mainly Zahn and didn't tread much farther.

We both turn 16 this summer and plan on seeing Episode II together. :D

Aaahhh! Memories...

24. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    I'm a SE girl. :)

25. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    My earliest memory is seeing ESB at the theater when I was 3; I was hooked. I honestly cannot remember not being a Star Wars fan. My parents though I would grow out of it. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.