main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When did you get hooked?

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Q99213, Mar 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    I figured with all of the new people this would be a good question to bring up. When did you get into Star Wars?

I was about 6 (so we'll say 18 years ago) and my dad rented ANH and I must have watched it 4 times that night before finally going to bed, then the next day I rounded up all the neighbors and we watched it another 3 times and I refused to go to bed that night unless he rented the other two. That Halloween was the first time in 3 years I wasn't Dracula since I made my first Vader costume. It was really ghetto but I still have the sabre. Black flashlight with a fiberglass tube (yes, I was a prop maker even back then ;) with slots and red celephane.

So how about everyone else? Anyone not get into it until the re-releases?

2. darthdemios

darthdemios Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    Actually i was about seven when my cousin put in ANH and iwas was hooked,but i'm not talking about the re-releases.It was the original VHS's with the half of the stormtroopers helmet on the front and everything

3. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    i was 7 i watched retun of the jedi and watch luke on the speeder bikes and the sail barge it was so cool
    i was hooked
    hooked on star wars worked for me

4. r4-d2

r4-d2 Jedi Youngling

Mar 27, 2005
    i was about 6 or 7 so liek ten years ago we rented the empire strikes back and i watched it like 8 times then i made my dad rent the 1st and 3rd film...i have been hooked ever since.

5. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    Awesome R4, and welcome aboard!!!!

6. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I think the first time I saw them was when they came out on VHS in 1995 (I have the boxed set). I was 10. I liked it but I didn't get to the level of obsession I am now until the rereleases, when I was 13. I read Shadows of the Empire right before the SE's came out. I spent that summer watching the VHS tapes over and over and over and reading all the books I could get my hands on. That's when my friends started thinking I was weird(er). I dressed up as Leia for Halloween and my best friend as Luke. I even made my first website, a SW site. I closed it probably a year after Episode I. It was one of the better fansites out there. I often think of redoing it, but probably won't. Anywho, here's the ghetto picture from Halloween '97. My blaster is a watergun I spray-painted and I "enhanced" my friend's lightsaber. This is old photoshop work, mind you. As old as the picture. LOL.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0903/amiry/Amiry/swaj2.jpg]

7. Commander_Farsight

Commander_Farsight Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    You know, I have no idea when I got hooked. I have always loved SW. My dad copied the orginals on to 1 VHS and I would watch it ALL the time. (The tape eventualy broke, but only at the end of the spool) My mom would even complain about it. I think I was 4 at the time. DREN!!!! That was almost 20 years ago!!!!

8. Q99213

Nov 3, 2001
    haha, I feel your pain Farsight! We're so old.

9. PadmesMidwife

PadmesMidwife Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2005
    I guess it was when I was 8 years old and ESB came out that I became a fan and then ROTJ solidified it. (I don't think my mom took me to see ANH in its original release, but I saw it during one of the re-releases).

I have to admit, though that while I still have a surviving VHS set, the DVD release of the OT is what has revived my interest, as well as all the growing excitement of ROTS!

10. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
  11. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    well...97? I don't know...my mom bought the box set of the OT VHS...and that was all that I would watch when I was home sick from school...I didn't really go hardcore though until 7th grade...which was...2000? YeaH and I would've been 12 then ;) That's when I started reading the books and stuff. The first one I ever read of Shadows of the Empire. By 8th grade I was like uber SW nerd :D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.