main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga When did you hear about a Star Wars movie for the first time ?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ord-Mantell70, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Although being 12 years old (1983) I was pretty impressed too...

2. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    My dad popped in the 1997 Special Edition VHS of ANH one night when I was five years old. I was instantly hooked, although I got a bit petrified when Alderaan was destroyed, simply because I thought they blew up the Earth.

CoolyFett and Ord-Mantell70 like this.
  3. L110

L110 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 26, 2014
    My mom bought me the VHS of The Phantom Menace for Christmas when I was just about ten years old. She didn´t have a clue what Star Wars is and never heard of Star Wars before, neither did I.

CoolyFett and Ord-Mantell70 like this.
  4. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    :eek:

5. Darth Zannah

Darth Zannah Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 28, 2014
    Ever since I could remember Star Wars has been a part of my life...I owe this to my dad...as far back as I could remember Use to sit in front of that little TV watching a copy of Star Wars that was dubbed onto a VHS..I think we didn't officially buy the trilogy until they rereleased the THX mastered versions..I grew up in the 80's can you tell? Thanks dad for popping that VHS tape in a letting me space out in that galaxy far far away...

CoolyFett and Seagoat like this.
  6. Messi

Messi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2015

I think I was 4 or 5 years old. My father gave me Vader's Kenner action figure, and I remember of some scenes of the movie at the TV, but I don't know when and where.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I was 5 and I saw one of the movies forget which one.

8. Darth Calvin

Darth Calvin Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 9, 2015
    I can't remember a time when I wasn't familiar with Star Wars, thanks to my older sister and brother, who are both fans. One of them bought the VHS of ANH, and recorded TESB and ROTJ from the TV (ahhh, the 80s!), and I grew up watching them. Honestly, I can't even remember being surprised by "I am your father." It just felt like common knowledge around our house. My sister was the one who bought the action figures (don't know what happened to them) and the trading cards (which are in my safe keeping), and who now embarrasses her kids by wearing SW t-shirts.

9. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    It will be interesting to see the opinion of new fans who are introduced to Star Wars with the Disney era of movies. Will those new stories be so good that they have no interest in the GL6? Or will the disney films cause them to want to seek them out.

10. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    A Jar Jar Binks Taco Bell ad from 1999. I was 5 years old. I **** you not.

Mod Edit: Just for future reference, please star out the whole word.