main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL When do Episode III Tickets go on sale?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Unno, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Hey,

I'm not much of an internet guy, but I was wondering if you could all point me to a site that's keeping track of the dates tickets go on sale for various theatres. It may seem kinda early, but I seem to remember buying tickets about a month in advance for Episode II at Pleasure Island. I certainly don't want to miss out on getting tickets for Episode III.

Thanks,
    Unno

2. Queenie Amidala

Queenie Amidala Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 7, 2000
    I'm from Houston, and I was going to ask the same thing.

My husband and I will be at Disney May 18-24 for Star Wars weekends (and some wedding we have to go to ;) ). We were really hoping to score some midnight DLP tickets, but have no idea about how to get them.

Can anyone tell me if, in the past, PI AMC has sold these only in person or if we can order them by phone/internet? Any other information would be much appreciated.

In any case, we will be catching a midnight showing somewhere and somehow, but I was really looking forward to that digital first viewing.

Thanks! :)

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Im not sure, I know that I wont be seeing it opening weekend, due to the fact that I will be in armor with the 501ST. Guess Ill have to see it during the week a few times. Oh what fun to be a Biker Scout!

Dale

4. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    I know that last year they were available for purchase on-line, after all the people waiting overnight got their tickets. (There weren't enough people waiting overnight to fill a whole theater.) So you should be able to get them on-line this time too. The question is when.

Unno

5. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm keeping any eye on the AMC web site. It'll probably go on sale no earlier than a month before release.

L8r

6. JEDI_MISFIT138

JEDI_MISFIT138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    I'm pretty close to getting a job at the AMC by my house, so I'll see when exactly they come out. If I get the job, I get in for free. :D That'll sure save me quite a bit of money.

7. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Thanks for the info, Unno. :) I hope that holds true this time, as well. If I am unable to get them online, there isn't much else I can do.

8. merlin

merlin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 1999
    Is anybody going to go wait in line for tix? They should be available April 20th.

9. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Well, if it's on sale April 20th, I'm not waiting in line. Well, I'll probably be waiting in a line, but not for movie tickets (CIII, yo!).

I'm sure I can get it over the internet.

L8r

10. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    I didn't get the job that I mentioned above. Oh well.

If they go on sale April 20th, then I'll be there, no doubt about that.

11. Queenie Amidala

May 7, 2000
    Heads up! Theaters are starting to sell tickets now, as reported by TF.N: here.

I just bought my midnight showing tickets at Pleasure Island!

US Episode III Tickets On Sale Now
    Posted By Britany on April 14, 2005

Here's the current state of play with regards to tickets for 'Revenge of the Sith' at US theaters. We'll continue to update this article as more info comes in:

Rave Motion Picture Theaters - On sale from April 15th.

Fandango - On sale from April 20th.

AMC (Darthfloyd writes):
    The AMC chain of theaters at least will be selling tickets to the midnight showing of Episode 3 starting today, April 14th. Apparently they got the go ahead from Fox last night around 5 pm, and multiple calls to their office confirmed this.

Regal Cinemas (James writes):
    In Charlotte, NC ticket preorders for Revenge of the Sith for Regal Cinemas start on April 20th according to an manager at the theatre.

Warren Theaters (Darth Sprocket writes):
    Revenge of the Sith tickets go on sale April 19 in Wichita, Kansas at the Warren Theaters.

Kerasotes Theatres (thanks to Chris):
    We will begin selling tickets online and at most of our theatres tonight, April 14th at 8:00 pm. As you are aware the film opens on Thursday, May 19. Many of our theatres will have 12:01 am shows opening day. Schedules will be available online.

Amstar Cinemas (Jay writes):
    I went to my local Amstar Cinema today in Oxford, Alabama and they had tickets on sale for the midnight showing of Episode III, as well as tickets through May 22nd. I then went to their official website, and tickets are on sale at all Amstar Cinemas now, April 14th, and will be for sale on-line on April 19th.

12. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    The 12:01 digital screening of ROTS at Pleasure Island is sold out for the night of the 18th (technically 19th), but there are still tickets available for the crappy film showing at midnight. :p

L8r

13. JEDI_MISFIT138

Jun 6, 2003
    Got my tickets tonight at the AMC in Altamonte.

14. Unno

Unno Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2003
    Just a rant. The a**hole that I talked to at Pleasure Island on the 14th claimed they didn't know when tickets would be on sale! I want to kill him! Anyway, I finally found out the tickets were available, and I bought them for the Midnight showing (all that was available.) I'm guessing this is film and that pisses me off, because I wanted digital and was willing to wait all night for them.

Anyway, for the 19th, does anyone know which showtimes are for the digital theater? I'm gonna see it that day, but I'm not going all the way to PI and giving the b*astards anymore of my money, if the showing isn't digital.

Thanks,
    Unno

15. RogueScribner

Jan 17, 2004
    Your best bet is to call the theater or crack open a newspaper and look for DLP showings. I checked online and it doesn't differentiate between the film showings.

L8r

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.