main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When do Luke and Leia get conceived?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by The_Bat, Jan 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KSA

KSA Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 13, 2003
    Maybe Anakin knew he had a kid, but thought the child not VERY strong in the force. He could have thought that Leia was his kid or some other person not strong in the force.

But when he hears a Luke Skywalker blew up the Death Star, he could think himself mistaken. I mean, how many people have the Force(Vader said in ANH "The force is strong with this one")and are good pilots named Skywalker are there. Plus, Vader had the Force.

He could, however, still suspect that there were 2 children. Do you honestly think Vader could read Luke's mind in ROTJ, and say "So you have a sister..." right out of the blue.

That's just my 2 cents though. ;^)

Oh, and Luke and Leia are concieved, I'd say, about 6 or 7 months before Episode III.

2. Porkins_Dietician

Porkins_Dietician Jedi Master star 1

Jan 16, 2002
    Yes, as a matter of fact I do. Lukes thoughts betrayed him or her, was the line I believe.

3. jedimastertess

jedimastertess Jedi Youngling

Apr 13, 2003
    i was wondering about this today cause i was watching a new hope for the first time since episode 2 came out. all right i've been thinking that padme has her kids before episode 3. she has the kids and obi-wan takes luke and of course bail takes leia. during the same time, anakin turns to the dark side and padme hides with bail. this is how leia remembers her mother cause she is with her for a little bit. at the end of the movie anakin finds padme and palp. orders him to kill her. he can't do it, so palpy does and it's the straw that breaks the camels back and anakin fully turns into vader from seeing his wife be killed.

4. JMax

JMax Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    I have a feeling Anakin will fall into the pit before knowing there are twins. His recovery will be long and he will obviously be severed from his former ties by the Emperor... so he won't go looking to find out what happened to Padme.

ArrowheadPod - good points.

ESB took place over several months? It seemed to happen very quickly... Hoth led to Han flying into the asteroid field (no hyperdrive) and then to Cloud City nearby (or is that what took several months to travel to?) But that wouldn't be congruent with Luke's training on Degobah...

Back to original point of thread, ObiWan will come back from fight with Ani at the pit and take Luke & Leia to their separate places. As far as Leia remembering images, that's not impossible for a smart little Jedi baby to do at a young age, perhaps...

5. xie

xie Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    I haven't watched the OT in months, but where exactly is it confirmed that Anakin had no prior knowledge of any children? He never mentions ANYTHING about children in A New Hope, and in Empire, he just comes out and tells Luke.

He may have known about one child, at least. Twins can be a surprise, especially if they were keeping the pregnancy a secret (Maybe using "underground" doctors?), and also, I'm sure during the Clone Wars, the hospitals were overworked.

EDIT: Obi-Wan says they were hidden from him when they were born, not from the moment your mother knew she was pregnant, etc etc.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's never proven in the OT that Vader didn't know Padme had been pregnant. However, remember that he's been Palpy's apprentice since he was much weaker in the Force than he is in the OT. Could Anakin, fresh out of his padawanship, be able to keep a secret that big from Palpatine?

7. suineme

suineme Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2000
    I don't suppose its possible that there is a "flash forward" a few months, like after everything goes to hell, where you see Obi Wan dropping off Luke on Tattooine? That would make the most sense. Something like "3 months later". Its not very Star Wars to do that, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.