main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto When Do We Hold Our Anniversary Party / Episode 3 Line?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TheGrandePoobah, May 3, 2003.

?

When Do We Hold Our Anniversary Party / Episode 3 Line?

Poll closed May 8, 2003.
  1. Saturday, May 17

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sunday, May 18

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Monday, May 19

4 vote(s)
    36.4%
  4. Saturday or Sunday (I don't care, but want to be able to stay out late)

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  5. Saturday or Sunday or Monday (Any day is good)

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
  2. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    Okay, here it is, the official poll as to when to hold our anniversary party. Please post your vote in the thread as well as voting in the poll, so I can be sure socks aren't voting. Please only vote if you will be able to join us on that day.

Here's how it'll work, I'll add the sat/sun and sat/sun/mon votes to the individual days for each to determine the winner.

3. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Voted for Monday.

~L

4. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
  5. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    same here for monday

6. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I've got to put my vote on a day I'm able to stay out late.

Unfortunatly I have to be coginzant at my day job. :p

7. SandwichBoy

SandwichBoy Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2000
    Out of curiosity, why is staying out late (by late, I'm assuming you mean past 11:30PM) such an issue. Everyone has the day off, why not just start a few hours earlier (like 1-2PM) instead of at 5PM. We'd still have as much time to spend in the parking lot and act like weirdos before the fireworks...I mean, I know we're all a bunch of lazy geeks, but is getting up before noon that much of a problem for everyone?

Just wondering.

And yes, this suggestion would hold true no matter what day was decided upon. More time is good.

8. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    I was planing on setting the start time for around 2pm no matter what day it was... but like you say the more time the better, and I know from experience that the annivarsary gathering often goes very late (we've been out until sometime around 4 AM at least one year, IIRC)

Also, just to mention, we won't be hanging around the parking lot... we'll be in front of the Grande this year. And as for fireworks... if it's Monday, and people want to head off in search of fireworks they won't be hanging out until 11:30, more like 7 or 8.

9. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    And with the poll closed, Saturday/Sunday wins it.

After talking with Cristalia, it seems clear that Sunday is our best bet, as she and Roupen may be able to make it later on after Anime North has died down, also this will be better for any attending the con, and we still get to stay out late, an important part of any movie lineup ;-)

We'll start around 2pm, and go 'til whenever.

I'll post full details in a new thread tomorrow when I'm well awake etc.

10. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Ummmm...three people posted their votes for Monday. One for Saturday/Sunday. Nobody else showed the ability to follow directions.

Do sock votes count? Because according to the rules David set out, that doesn't quite look like a vote for Sat/Sun...

~L

11. TheGrandePoobah

Nov 30, 2000
    We've talked about this over MSN, however for the public record:

I put that in, in case of any suspicious votes etc... a little bit of paranioia about the way these polls can sometimes go on the JC. I was expecting more votes as it was, and find no reason to be suspicious of any of them.

Besides, after re-reading the original thread, and talking with some people, it would seem that Sunday is indeed the best day for the group as a whole, which is what I was trying to get from the start.

12. bacardijedi

bacardijedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Great! See you there you guys.

13. DARTH2-D2

DARTH2-D2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2002
    i for one cant go, monday is my next day off closest. oh well have fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.