main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark When do we want to get together again???

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by jeepgirls30, May 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    My family may be down for another viewing by Saturday night. My brother and his wife and one of my best friends from High School are going to be in town and it might be fun to go with all of them and and a bunch of AGR people too! :D

2. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    So how does Saturday, July 9th sound for another Drive-in Pool Party Barbeque? I just okayed this date with my family. We are having a Summer planning meeting right now.

While I'm at it, how does the 13th of August sound for another one?

3. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Okay, here's my feedback: I like the pizza place sometime soon idea. Memphis is probably out, because my husband never has a set schedule, and we don't have a babysitter. I like the Burns Park idea, count me in, and the bbq's in July and August also sound good.

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I could probably do July, but the 9th is my kids birthday party here in Hot Springs. If it was later in the month it would probably work best for me, but you guys need to base it around the majority.

5. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Jay, is your kid's B-day party during the day or evening? Do both!!! ;)

6. jeepgirls30

jeepgirls30 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    BBQ sounds great. The July and the August date both look great. Looking forward to it.

7. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    His party will pretty much be most of the day and afternoon. I suppose it may be possible to swing over later in the evening. We'll see.

8. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    What do you want to BBQ??? EWOK??? I'm just kidding...Anything you need help with for July or Aug Drive-in pool parties, let me know.
    Moving on to other stuff...If we have a get together to visit at pizza place (Right now looking at the Pizza Hut at the corner of McCain and Camp Robinson Rd in Levy because it has a playground, so everyone can bring their kids and they'll have something to do) Would we want to plan on meeting up on a weeknight or a weekend (school is out soon, so that is not a problem...So, we could do like a Sat afternoon even. We should also see about maybe getting the party room at the rave for a monthly meeting, since they were soooo good to us with the midnight premiere. Feedback please...

9. Jedi_Master_Vader

Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah I went up there to give Mr. Hauffman my gratitude for the way he treated us, and the ticket lady asked if I was there for the job interview, of course I wasnt but it made me wonder, what kind of benefits besides free movies passes would I get. Meaning perhaps this could help the group out if I did interview and get hired

10. ForceConduit

ForceConduit Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 19, 2004
    Yeah I should be able to go to the Memphis event. I'll be on my off week before I start my new job. Just keep me posted on the details. Later!!!

11. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    OK Even if there is not that much obvious stuff added into the digital, That is not the entire point of the trip to see it in digital..The poing is the fantastic picture and the great sound and going with new friends who like the same stuff that you do. We really have the oppurtunity to bond as a group and to do some good things for our communtiy. That is what I see other groups doing. I mean, come on people, the 501st does great things and they dress up as bad guys. So, with that said I shall move forward with the June 4 plans to go see the movie digitally!!! So far, Kynstar, Force conduit, princess necko and I are in...Anyone else.... We shall try to leave fairly early to see an early showing and get back before dark to be with our younglings (those of us who have them) Looking forward to this and any other events we get together as a group for. I'm so glad that I met all of you. Now...the laundry is calling and my force powers are on the fritz today, so I'm goanna have to go and fold it the old fashioned way.

12. PrincessNeko

PrincessNeko Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    the pizza hut idea sounds great to me! I have my kids most of the time and they are basically attached to me and go everywhere I go UNLESS they are at their fathers...(I would much rather Darth be the father than who they currently have.... BUT, we all have dreams.. don't we?) Anywho... I am up for anything, anywhere... just tell me what I need to do, bring and where to go... I am in!

13. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    I HATE!!! Pizza the Hut, but I will do anything for the kiddies, even pledge myself to a Dark Lord (idiot :roll: :p ;) ).

14. jeepgirls30

Mar 18, 2005
    Do you know of anywhere else that would give the kids something to do while the rest of us could visit and kind of hold a meeting?? Henry and I agree that Chuck the cheese is just too noisy. I'm just trying to find a way to do some things and have some meetings that the folks with kids and no sitters can attend and have input on the group.

15. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Chucky is juz to expensive as well... and too crowded. I never go there for those two main reasons.

Pizza would be all right I guess. I'm not a pizza nut either, but to spend time with you guys... what about that Fantastics... or whatever that place was in Cabot (?) that we met up to show pictures from C3... Henry and ForceConduit were there... what is that place again? It has tons of video game and other games there. That could work maybe...if need be for kids...

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Funstastics is the name. Great place. We take Hayden there a lot and he loves it. Chucky isn't bad, but it is quite noisy there. I believe Funtastics may be a little cheaper, but not by much. It's a novelty place for kids, so whaddya expect? [face_laugh] The only way to beat that is a park, and everyone brings their own sack lunch.

17. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hey parks are great :D I'd prefer to be outside than in any day... but I know a lot of you *ahem* wusses don't like the heat! :p [face_laugh] Juz kidding with yas...well about calling you wusses. But I bet a lot of you don't like the heat though. I looooove it. I am SOOOO happy the bloody cold is gone...even if it truly wasn't cold weather. Anything under 70 is cold to me. [face_laugh]

18. PrincessNeko

PrincessNeko Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    What about the McDonald's on Markham before Bowman Curve? They have a play tower inside. That would be relatively cheap and a place to keep the kids entertained.

19. Arin_Atona

Arin_Atona Jedi Master star 4

Jul 10, 2004
    I'm game. Just say when and where and if can be there, I will.

I haven't any younglings, so I'm fairly flexible ;)

20. Jedi_Sidious

Jedi_Sidious Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    If McDonalds can be fancy looking that one on Markham would be the one.

21. _Darth_Malice

_Darth_Malice Jedi Youngling

May 19, 2005
    Bow down before me and swear absolute fidelity to thee.

Anyways how early is early for June 4. I don't get off work till 1. Park/picnic idea at this time of year is not that great due to insect problems.

22. davisjaron

davisjaron Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    ehh... wouldn't we rather do burger king? One reason is that personally I think BK food is better, and the second reason is that mcdonalds doesn't nor never has supported star wars, so shouldn't we support BK back?

23. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    Yeah Jaron has a point about BK, there is that one at chenal and markham that has a play thing, but its apart of a gas station. Perhaps if we ate together at a BK they would give us some kind of special where we could get the toys w/o the food. Heh I wouldnt mind the lifesize Vader that they have either

24. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Park/picnic idea at this time of year is not that great due to insect problems.

Hey, that pretty much applies to anywhere outside in Little Rock. You guys come to Hot Springs if you want to avoid them mosquiters.

BK is fine with me as long as you don't choose the one in Cabot. That place will never see my business again due to how rude they were to my wife during our last visit. :(

25. Jedi_Master_Vader

Aug 27, 2003
    I like the idea of a picnic down in Hot Springs, Elan Rai does have a point with the mosquitos

Hey Elan Rai isnt that kinda far to go for BK, Hot Springs to Cabot?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.