main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When do you guys think a lot of people will start coming to this board?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RevantheJediMaster, Feb 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevantheJediMaster

RevantheJediMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2005
    I mean I remember there were tons of people on the ROTS board before it came out. I know that of course it had a lot more hype than the Clone Wars movie/tv series does now, but you would think with all the new details emerging that there would be more on here than there are now. I would think it would get busier when we get closer to the August 15 release date, but only time will tell. Maybe, people just can't get that into an animated tv series/movie and they won't get really excited until details about the live action tv series start flaoting around.

2. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    You must give the comparison a bit of respect. We're exactly six months out from the animated show and we've just found out the release date and the fact that it will be in cinemas. People knew ROTS existed and the month it would come out since before 1999. It was the last movie to be made in the saga and held answers to so many questions. The Clone Wars is a new show; not the final of three. Perhaps a better comparison would be made between it and TPM.

TV shows are also on a different level to films. Normally you don't even hear about a TV show before the advertising for it hits your television screens. They become a hit by being good; the hype is generated once people have seen it. The animated series has the benefit of us knowing about it years beforehand. I couldn't say that I've ever looked forward to a television show this far ahead of its actual release before. Oh don't you worry, people are excited about this show. :D

3. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    Thanks for pointing all that stuff out. I probably should have put more thought into my post. It is true that almost every TV series that has ever been released hasn't genrated that much buzz until it has been released, but I guess I'm just expecting a lot since it is Star Wars and all. We'll see what happens, but I find it more fun when a number of people are posting on a board every couple of minutes. I'm sure this board will get pretty crowded as we get closer to the realease date though.

4. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    The Jedi Council Forums is the most extensive and popular Star Wars community on the internet.

Once we start seeing more buzz generating for the cinematic release in August, we'll start seeing many more people.

It won't be at the same level as ROTS, unless something magical happens and The Clone Wars achieves the same level of popularity as the OT. ROTS was really the end to an era, to an idea, to a legend.

There's no way we can say the same about the new TV shows.

5. cockpit

cockpit Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2002
    I don't think you can compare the TV series and it's forums to the Movies. A lot of the forum traffic was for spoilers and to get information about the then unknown movies. This time around there is a lot of known stuff since the movies are finished along with a previous Clone Wars series.

BTW most of the spoilers from Attack Of The Clones PSA forum came from Ternian by way of Sith Interceptor's script which were posted on other sites like TBones and JediNet. Ternian and Sith Interceptor later of course became affilated with MF which was a pretty good source of info for the 2004 OTDVDs and ROTS.

When the general public starts getting informed about the new Clone Wars traffic picks up. Recently Lucas or McCallum stated that once a network was selected we will start seeing more and more webdocs, commercials, and trailers. This weeks announcement came along with first new footage since the CIV trailer and with it more older and new posters came back here. (such as myself)

So in answer to your question when will the JC TV forums pick up to the prequels era?
    When the live action series spoilers start ;)

6. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    I think more people will start coming very soon. I think that a lot of people who may have left the boards or been dorment since ROTS will start coming back. It also wouldn't suprise me to see a theatrical trailer for the Clone Wars in theaters since it is in fact debuting in theaters. That would also draw a lot of new people to the boards. They'll start filling up very quickly!

7. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    If the CW theatrical debut goes well, then I think they could do the same for the LAS. If that happens then I'd look for things to approach a PT era level. Maybe not the craze of early 2005 but this place was a lot busier after AOTC came out and things hadn't yet picked up for ROTS, say like late 2003. I think we will get back to a late 2003 level...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  8. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    We also do not have the degree of spoilers that we did with the last movie. Insiders were constantly contacting Josh and others with spoilers. Those spoilers generated a significant discussion. There were other boards, i.e., MF, that had spoilers leaked there as well. The television show is a different entity all together and the spoiler season is fairly tame, if present at all. Part of me thinks that this isn't really a spoiler forum at all. :p I still love it though.

9. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    That's true. A lot of those who have been away from Star Wars for a while may not be aware of The Clone Wars movie or tv series yet, but I do think a trailer released in theaters would definitely increase awareness. Also, if the Clone Wars movie and also the tv series are very good/popular I could see this board becoming extermely crowded.

10. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I don't think you'll see traffic anywhere near 3SA and it's ilk here for Clone Wars 3D. Yes, it's new Star Wars, but animation in general won't attract as many viewers as live action will.

I think you'll see more traffic here than we got with Clone Wars GT, though. And once CW3D hits broadcast, I think SSSW's traffic will end up being close to somewhere between the Ampitheatre and Literature forums. We'll probably get about on par with, or maybe slightly busier than, Lit as we get closer to the Live Action series, as that'll attract a broader audience in addition to both the movie board and EU forum regulars who'll be here regardless.

11. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    If the live action tv series also opens with a movie I could definitely see this board surpassing the lit board in terms of posts/popularity. Even without a movie to kick things off I'm sure you're right that the live action tv series will draw more people to this board than the Clone Wars 3-D animated series and movie will.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Once the LA series starts, we'll certainly get busier than Lit- though I still don't think we'll hit 3SA levels, either. But if both shows run at the same time, it's possible.

13. Lord_NoONE

Lord_NoONE Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2001
    The key for the LA series will be whether we have insiders sending out spoiler information. If that happens, then we can expect good things in this forum.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Spoilers sources will be inevitable, I think, though they'll probably fall somewhere in the broad range between SFAF/Amp and 3SA in terms of discussion fuel.

15. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Its really difficult to know how big this will get. I've always thought it'd be pretty big, but probably not 3SA levels. That said, its going to be like the only new Star Wars out theres, so in the end, who knows? It'll be interesting to see...

16. SamiS

SamiS Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2001
    When the shows are on this place will be quite busy I hope.

I miss the glory days of 100k post countdown threads.

17. RevantheJediMaster

Jun 12, 2005
    I doubt we'll be seeing a 100k post countdown thread anytime soon, but I'm confident things will pick up. Once we start getting closer to the release date for the movie and start getting information regularly on the LAS I'm sure this board will experience a big jump in popularity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.