main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rogue One When do you pee during R1?

Discussion in 'Anthology' started by Sarge, Dec 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    You didn't miss much in proportion to the length of the film...sure... but you did miss something. Such as K2-SO saying he would go with Jyn...... Cassian said he had to. ;)

2. frail47

frail47 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 11, 2016
    I don't like missing anything so I make sure to hit the bathroom shortly before the start time. After that I don't chug anything in earnest until after about halfway through the movie.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm using that for everything now.

4. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    A Star Wars fan does not leave the screen to use the restroom during a Star Wars movie in theatre. End of discussion.

I went with my family on my 3rd viewing of Rogue One. This included my 6 year old cousin and grandmother in her 70s. None of us got up during the movie.

I saw people walking out to go to the bathroom while Vader was walking out to meet Krennic and at the end of the movie when the battle on Scarif was taking place. Seriously??? SERIOUSLY??? I couldn't believe it. Maybe I should just be thankful I don't have any health issues and I am able to hold any urge, no matter how intense, until the movie is finished....

oncafar likes this.
  5. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    In my pants when Vader showed up at the end.

I'm joking, of course. Yeah. Joking.

EviL_eLF, BigAl6ft6, EHT and 6 others like this.
  6. ColdLazarou

ColdLazarou Jedi Grand Master star 2

Sep 8, 2001
    I think a bit came out when Leia showed up, but i managed to control my bladder for most of it.

And i'm 37, so i should probably be wearing incontinence pants to the movies these days.

7. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    6 viewings - not a single leave to go to the bathroom.

I usually go to the bathroom before seeing a movie so I don't have to go out during the screening and miss out anything important - i've paid for a full experience after all.

However, if I would have to go to the bathroom, I would do it right after Vader and Krennic's scene.

8. miasma

miasma Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 29, 2013
    The last time I peed during a movie was in 1979 while watching The Muppet Movie. I guess my bladder has grown since then.

9. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    Well I wouldn't pee through any scene, because I typically don't drink anything at the movies. If I had to pick, it would be around the beginning when they keep hopping around and captioning the locations.

10. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    That's what, 15 hours? Impressive.

11. Ricardo Funes

Ricardo Funes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    If you don't have any medical condition, then these tips will largely avoid the need to leave during the actual movie:

Stop drinking three hours before the movie
    Enter the theather, find your seat and stay during the first 2 trailers
    When the 3rd trailer starts, go to the bathroom

You should be able to have spare time to return to your seat again, see another trailer, shut off your cell phone....

12. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Had to pee the entire movie. Got really bad towards the end, I think it deminished the emotional impact since I couldn't fully focus on the movie lol.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  13. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017
    That's total, not 6 viewings in a roll haha.

14. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    had to use RR during 4th viewing... I went during the argument on the Cargo plane after Edoo. On my 1st viewing I held it, but on the 4th I wanted to be able to enjoy the final act without being in pain....

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  15. Vader0706

Jan 2, 2017

In my opinion, too risky to go to the bathroom during this scene, because you might miss what follows immediately... (Vader and Krennic's scene).

16. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015
    well I am a guy, and I knew there was a bathroom right outside our room. On 4th viewing I had confidence. I left right when they took off and got back while Cassian was explaining that he did not have to explain himself.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I fully support the notion of no bathroom breaks on 1st viewing, minimal liquid intake, that's a given.

But for subsequent viewings, this is key knowledge. So went for my 3rd viewing and it was interesting because A) I had drank a bit of spirits before the theatre B) I got my Rogue One Collectors cup refilled (I wanted to watch R1 with it!) so I was looking for an optimal spot, preferably before the climax. I also was doing a bit of people watching and, after the destruction of Jedah, pretty big mass exodus on the sidelines of people going for bathroom breaks (I had an aisle seat), which is a good spot because there is a lot of chatter in the U-Wing there right after.

My sister (her 2nd viewing) actually went when they first landed at Eadu, at the moment when K2 says "His weapon was in the sniper configuration" and there is a lot of walking around on the cliffs and she made it back to her seat RIGHT AT when Krennic lines up the DS designers, which is the most important bit from then onwards.

As for myself, you know right after Eadu, there's a bit on the U-Wing with Jyn and Cassian but that is a pretty weak spot to go because they go straight into the 1st Darth Vader scene so immediately after that I went which was Jyn's big speech to the Alliance membership, which is actually a pretty good spot to go because Jyn makes her speech but they say no. So nothing actually happens there, plot wise, that is critical on repeat viewings And I made it back in for when Cassian lines up the Rogue One crew to go anyway, which is the much more important bit.

So, yes, basically, there's a window of post-Jedah to Krennic's execution of the designers which is a good spot (not after Gallen's death because that's dangerously close to Darth Vader's scene) or, if you're fleet of foot and bladder like me, immediately right after the Darth Vader scene and Jyn's chat with the Rebel leadership. Anything after that is unmissable because it's the Battle of Scarif. but those spots post-Jedah destruction and post-1st Vader scene are basically directly in the middle of the film which is the most optimal point.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  18. tokilamockingbrd

May 12, 2015

Well to me the key is the OP asked when you "Pee" as a male this opens up about 4 spots (basically all the ones you mention), but if the OP was expend to include all reasons for using the restroom I would say only Alliance roundtable is safe. It goes on for a good while and even the scene when they join her is missable if you are on a repeat viewing (it is another speech). That window gives you a good 5-7 min to do whatever you need to do without missing the amazing finale. And I think we all agree no leaving the room on 1st viewing. Wear Depends if you must!

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
  20. KumixAyu

KumixAyu Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2017
    The cinema i went to had a break halfway through the movie ;)

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  21. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    Ah, the good old days of intermissions.

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Where did they put the break for the intermission?

23. Import_Jedi

Import_Jedi Force Ghost star 6

Aug 20, 2001
    But the 3rd trailer is for Transformers 5... [face_worried][face_clown]

24. OldTimeFan

OldTimeFan Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 28, 2011
    Look this is silly why worry about such things just wear a dark pair of pants and just keep you bladder empty by letting little amounts go at regular intervals during the movie.:D

Or maybe cinemas could offer seats like this to the hardcore fans.
    [​IMG]

Deliveranze likes this.
  25. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    1) Gets up and pees during movie= NOT REAL SW fan.

2) Pees in a bottle during movie= Moderate SW fan.

3) Pees in pants so as not to miss a thing= REAL SW fan.

4) Defecates in pants rather than miss a scene= ULTIMATE SW fan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.