When does Clone Wars come on?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by Saint_of_Killers, Apr 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling

star 5
  2. TheWombat Jedi Master

star 4
    Cartoon Network, and I believe it starts in the fall... November I think...
  3. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    Yeah, it's on Cartoon Network, and everything I've heard points to a late-Fall release date.

We'll have more specific information as it gets closer to then.
  4. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Here is the more specific details.

TFN

Clone War Cartoon: 10 in November, 10 in February
    Thu, Apr 24, 03 04:52:17 PM EDT

Joe hooks us up with the scoop on the upcoming Clone War cartoon from the latest issue of Toyfare (#70):
    I just got the new issue of Toyfare. On page 12 is a story on the upcoming "Clone Wars" cartoon show. the premier date will be November 7 at 8 p.m. the first 10 episodes will air that month with the final 10 episodes airing in February.
  5. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    November 7th also is a Friday just in case anyone was wondering.
  6. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That makes since as they would want to premire it during their Cartoon Cartoon Friday segment.

Which is also good for those that have worried about missing the first one since they tend to "loop" all the cartoons they play on that.
  7. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    That quote doesn't seem to make it clear if there's only going to be 20 episodes, with none playing in December and January, or if there will be more episodes in December and January too.

It seems odd to me to show ten episodes in one month, take two months off, and then show ten episodes in the next month. If there only are 20 episodes, they should just show five a month, or one per week, or something.
  8. ballz-on-chinion Jedi Padawan

In Toyfare No.70: Starting Nov. 7th Cartoon network at 8:00 PM will debut Star Wars Clone Wars. The first 10 will air in Nov. and the last 10 in Feb 2004.

The decision to enlist animation in the war effort coincided with a timely pitch from cartoon Network to do new Star Wars cartoons after nearlly a 20 year hiatus. Lucasfilm wasn't ready to pull the trigger on the traditional half-hour format with production on Ep.III looming near. Instead, they opted for doing shorter, serialized episodes ala the old movie serials that originally inspired Star Wars.

Initially Lucas only wanted to do one minute episodes. Tartakovsky, a long time Wars fan enthusiastically signed on and for his first contribution was to raise the running time to three minutes. Given the short running time, the animaters are favoring suspence over clifhangers, while keeping the storyteling lean.

Interconnected subplots will spotlight Kit Fisto, Mace Windu, Yoda, Padme, and the droids. One new character they will be joined with is the Force-empowered Asajj Ventres, others are a bounty hunter named Durge and a new contingent of Clone Troopers called ARC Troopers. Roffman (President of Lucas Licensing) says for one, "feels the fans are in for a real treat."
  9. YodaJeff Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I wonder how they'll show 10 per month, whether they'll show a new episode on Wednesday, and anonther new episode on Friday (or whatever days), or if they'll show two or three new episodes in a row, or what.
  10. ballz-on-chinion Jedi Padawan

They didn't go into details about that,but I for one can't wait. My only concern is that my VCR works long enough to catch them all. :)
  11. Ret Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "The decision to enlist animation in the war effort coincided with a timely pitch from cartoon Network to do new Star Wars cartoons after nearlly a 20 year hiatus. "

Weren't the cartoon rumored way before the war effort?
  12. weezer Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Weren't the cartoon rumored way before the war effort?

I think they just mean the effort of promoting the movie ;)

I don't know about the timing of the episodes Jeff I hadn't really thought of it until you mentioned it. You are right that is a heck of alot of re-runs. I would assume that they would only show one a week.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.