main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC When does it piss you off? A one line rant thread.

Discussion in 'Community' started by jedinightwing, Nov 1, 2015.

1. jedinightwing

jedinightwing Jedi Master star 3

Aug 4, 2009
    You've been there.
    I know you have
    You see something online and it your initial reaction is:

Whahuh?

If you have had anything that makes you just thing "wtf" that you couldn't say anything about...post it here, or a link to it so we can all agree,
    Wha huh?

2. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I cannot post the link without breaking T&C's, but Bungie forums. Majority of the posts are "wtf?!" - especially peoples views on girl gamers and those, who think it is socially acceptable, dropping randomly drop "*******" every post. Maybe its a cultural thing in the States, which I don't understand, but that forum has some disturbing views on women and LGBT community.

3. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
  4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's not an online thing, but my one line rant is: people with no walking agenda.

DarthIshyZ, hudzu and Lord Vivec like this.
  5. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Juliet316 likes this.
  6. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    when people cut me off in traffic.

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    When people post hideous pictures of dead/tortured kids or animals to FB and then caption them with "Reply amen," as if that's going to do any good.

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Yikes, I have never seen something like that but it sounds terrible.

By far the thing that is the most WTF is anything to do with Gamer Gate. I mean, some of these people make threats that should be regarded as domestic terrorist threats (for instance vowing to attack panels with female gaming speakers). I have no idea why there isn't just a whole FBI task force dedicated to tracking down and prosecuting people commuting these legitimate acts of harassment and invasion of privacy.

9. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    People who unironically use the term SJWs

10. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I'm sorry :_|.

11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    PEOPLE WHO ONLY LET ME USE ONE LINE TO RANT WHEN CLEARLY I NEED LIKE 3 OR 4!

12. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    Waiters who engage in pointless, annoying small talk; I'm not there for a conversation.

Falcon and Ghost like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  14. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    People who stop in the middle of the aisle in the grocery store and stare at the shelf without moving their damn cart over to allow for the flow of traffic.

Abadacus, Juliet316 , Falcon and 3 others like this.
  15. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    The difference is, when people are making real-life threats on the internet, that's a bit of a different issue.

16. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Oh, man, I thought I was the only one. And constantly coming by to see if everything is all right and interrupting conversations or whatever. I mean, I understand the social contract; I will let you know when things are not all right. If I'm happily chatting with my table mate and we're eating with huge smiles on our faces (you know, like women and salad) then EVERYTHING IS PROBABLY ALL RIGHT.

And at the library too: *checking out book* "Oh, gonna read this one, huh?" "Yup." "Pretty long." "Yup." "You like long books, huh?" "I mean . . . I guess." "Well, this one should do it for you then." "Yeah." "Because it's long." "Just give me my damn book and let me be on my way."

Sarge likes this.
  17. solojones

Sep 27, 2000
    It's fine to come by and refill drinks to allow you to ask then for something else. But I agree, I hate the excessive chitchat.

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    One line isn't enough to cover everything, so I'll just say that a lot of things piss me off, the trick is not letting it get you down and keeping you from living your life.

19. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    Glad I'm not the only one who runs into that problem...

You go to reach for something on the shelf and someone just cuts in front of you....

20. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    What is the deal with airline food such that no one can get the **** over it?!

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Getting into the business of strangers because you perceive them doing something that violates your ideology.

Juliet316 likes this.
  22. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Jacobins. Just the *worst*.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

23. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    having to witness rooney's first touch

24. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  25. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    It pisses me off when I pass someone on the highway because they're driving twenty miles under the speed-limit and then the next thing I know they're riding my bumper.

Sarge and Admiral Volshe like this.