main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When does the next Gamer ship?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by IAmTheDarkSide, Feb 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    I get it really late myself.

And no conventions, SW author book-signings, or Celebrations happen in California. We're always short-changed. :mad:

Well, we have Star Tours.

2. The Cat

The Cat Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 24, 2000
    "Also as I recall when she takes on the look of a beutiful princess, she had twisted her ring a bit to activate that illusion. "

Get this- she doesn't! She only twirls her cape a bit. That would seem to cement the fact that humanoid shapeshifting is a Dathomiri skill (as we saw with Ros Lai, and is archetypally associated with witches in folklore), and that the ring extends the ability in non-humanoid forms. Remember also that Charal is well over 100 when we see her, so even the image we see of her may be false. Val's right, there is absolutely nothing giant about the raven. And no word on why Terak was turned to stone. Incidently, his stats describe him only as a Thug 9. He deserves at least an additional Noble 2; he did lead a considerablely large band of Marauders.

3. Valiento

Valiento Jedi Knight star 7

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, illusion of beauty makes sense to me, and your right it is very archetypical.

Ok, eg to characters says that cindel had taught wicket the rudiments of Basic language. Official sites articles contradicted an older EU source with that so called fix. Then it also said that terak was turned to stone, and she was trapped in the form of a raven forever.

4. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    You can bet those provincial Ewoks are mighty superstitious when they see a raven from now on.

5. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Or soap. Heh. ;)

6. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yes, infact wicket's run-ins with charal made him very distrustful of magic himself later on, according to the eg to characters.

7. The Cat

Mar 24, 2000
    Listen to this:

"Despite their primitive technology, Ewoks are as intelligent as any New Republic member speciesFollowing the Battle of Endor many left their homeworld ad- after a brief period of culture shock- became independent fringers or soldiers in the New Republic military. wo Ewok brothers, Tokkat and Wunka, served as gunners on the New Republic Star Destroyer Liberator."

So they're the ones we saw in "Dark Empire."

8. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Yep that's what it says about them in the EG to alien species, about the level of ewok brain level. As well ewoks were one of the member worlds of the Alliance of free planets.

Hopefully genghis doesn't read the databank sections of the site, they imply that cindel was speaking some special language that she taught wicket the basics of. Genghis is liable to go into one of his that is the most up to date rants, :p, and try to ignore truly newer EU sources.

9. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    "I always get my friggin' Gamer later than anyone else, and I subscribe."

I used too. Issues 5 to 7 were over a month and a half late. 8 came early. Seems like 9 is late again.

"And no conventions, SW author book-signings, or Celebrations happen in California. We're always short-changed."

Isn't Wizards (of the Coast) headquartered in California? And you get the biggest comic con in the world - San Diego Comic Con. Although it is located in the bottom corner of the state.

And I know someone who is taking the bus from LA to Indinapolis for the Celebration. And if a national convention wasn't at least somewhat centralrly located... not as many people would go. I only get to go cause its only about 700 miles away.

10. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Well, I can't wait to get it.

11. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Just got it today, hmm, seems to be a good issue from what I've seen, the wraith article is pretty interesting, and gives us some pics of characters we didn't have pics for previously, at least here in america. As well there is an article with fenn shysa, a blood carver and a archeolist that is pretty interesting.

Though through an ambigous comment it questions shysa's and even boba fett's past, as if they may not be the way that shysa explained it to be. Maybe a copycat type thing, like jodo kast.

"Boba fett isn't the only being that's adopted the armor made famous by the mandalorian warriors. Though details of his early career are sketchy, the human fenn shysa acquired a suit of armor and assumed the role of a mandalorian super-commando. He typically sticks close to mandalore, but has hired himself out for mercenary and retrieval jobs to earn credits for his fight against slavers back on his homeworld. Shysa has been contracted by Dr. Follnor Callat to find the Tessent. The elite Super commando is an honorable man and won't harass the heroes more than is necessary to gain controle of the tessent.

It goes onto talk about jodo kast, and another one that wears mandalorian armor.

12. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999

"And I know someone who is taking the bus from LA to Indinapolis for the Celebration. And if a national convention wasn't at least somewhat centralrly located... not as many people would go. I only get to go cause its only about 700 miles away. "

Still would be nice if it wre in So Cal. Best damn place in the world.

13. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ooh, a picture of a starspeeder 3000 in the article as well, must find out what refers to it.

14. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Yeah, I noticed that, :D

15. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    Ok, at the end it talks about all the stories that are parte of the complete history of endor and the model sector

one of the listings is,

"Star Tours, 1987-present. A disney theme park attraction that promises to take tourists on an excursion to the lovely forest moon-- and instead dumps them into the middle of a white-knuckled dogfight."

16. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    "Immediatly following the the battle of endor, a tour company sought to capitolize on the sector's sudden fame by promising "convenient daily departures to the exotic moon of endor" along the decaying sanctuary pipeline. Accidents and and mismanagement drove the the company into the ground several months later."

Well, sets a more firm date which required a little change my my timetales article, but glad to see it locked in just the same.

17. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Well, I'm "an East Coast girl" and I haven't received my 'gamer' yet. I thought that it was because this will be my first issue.

18. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    I'm on the east coast too, or close to it.

19. Sturm Antilles

Jun 22, 2000
    Isn't Wizards (of the Coast) headquartered in California?

Seattle, WA actually.

And you get the biggest comic con in the world - San Diego Comic Con. Although it is located in the bottom corner of the state.

True. But only once a year, and we never get Mayhew or other small SW actors to appear at smaller conventions, even in the L.A. area. There's been a few ( and one with Billy Dee Williams ) but the east coast is far luckier with this and book signings ( along with Oregon, where it seems 50% of all writers reside. )

"Immediatly following the the battle of endor, a tour company sought to capitolize on the sector's sudden fame by promising "convenient daily departures to the exotic moon of endor" along the decaying sanctuary pipeline. Accidents and and mismanagement drove the the company into the ground several months later."

Well, sets a more firm date which required a little change my my timetales article, but glad to see it locked in just the same.

My very original theory, several years ago, was that it was set shortly after ROTJ, but then this article ruins all of the good stuff you had planned out for the Death Star III. We'll have to try and modify the theory and timeline of events.

20. Valiento

Mar 19, 2000
    I have already discussed it with dan wallace already a few weeks back.

Basically the first part of the article can remain where it is, but the second part has to be moved right directly behind it. Beyond that dan wallace said the timetales article was sound. So this new info doesn't mess up the complete article as a whole that matt, and vergere and I thought up, It's still just as valid part of it, but it does combine both of the parts a bit more. If I get anymore information back from dan though, I'll be sure to let people know, if he doesn't mind.

21. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    Valiento,

Nevermind, perhaps this is the discussion topic you pointed out to me.

Up!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.