main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

KC, MO When ep 3 comes out

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Hades2021, Sep 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hades2021

Hades2021 Jedi Master star 4

May 29, 2003
    What's the best theatre in town?

I know I went to Independence AMC 20 for Ep 1 and 2. Is there one better than that?

For the special edition releases, I went to Blue Springs 8. No particular reason.

2. clonedmenace

clonedmenace Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 29, 2002
    Olathe's AMC 30 has digital projection.

3. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    Olathe's AMC 30 has digital projection.

Not for the last 2 years they haven't. They sold it to a theatre in Dallas. The next closest place with a digital projector is Wichita.

Either way, I think Olathe 30 is probably the best theatre in town

4. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Seriously? That's crap. Well, all I know is my parents took me there to see AOTC for my 15th birthday, lol.

For the midnight showing and whatall, I'll probably stick with good ol' Liberty 12 (B&B), just because it's convenient. lol and this is ignoring the fact that it'll be illegal for me to drive home from that...

5. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    why? will you not be 16 or something?

6. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    in MO, we have the graduated driver's license, which means that before you turn 18, you can't drive between 1 and 5 in the morning. Too bad, it comes out seven days before my (18th) birthday, lol

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Olather 30 sold their digital?! I didn't know that. That's so stupid. Crap :(

Well, I'll probably still go there because I still think it's the best theatre around.

-sj loves kevin spacey

8. Lordstimpy

Lordstimpy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 1, 2002
    Just some FYI, the new NorthGlen in gladstone has digital. I think.

I am kinda back, live is very busy.

9. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Northglen? At 152 and Brighton? I HATE that theatre!!! ...Thanks, though, good to see you back!

10. lago

lago Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    hey, I live in Joplin MO, and we only have 2 theaters here I was wondering if someone could perhaps give me directions to a good theater. Me and my freind want to camp out for a day or two infront of the theater. So I thought If we were going to it might as well be at a good theater. If anyone can help it would be greatly appericated.

11. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Well...

Like a few have said Olathe 30 is one of the best in the area. However, because of city ordinances you can't camp out at that theathre. Many have tried and failed. The earliest I have heard of someone camping out there is about 2 am day of. The police make regualr patrols at that location so it is hard to camp out much earlier. Other cities like Leawood and Overland Park have simialr laws. More than anything it is really going to depend on what city you're in. Also AMC is not as willing to let people camp as Dickenson is.

12. lago

lago Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2004
    I live In Joplin about 2 hours south of KC so I have know idea where anything is, but thanks for your help I've just wanted to campout for Star Wars since I was little and I have the chance now if you or anyone else has some ideas I would appreciate it. THANKS

13. DARTHMATTY

DARTHMATTY Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 31, 2004
    For you Northland KC People, the theatre on I-29 and Barry Road is a great theatre. It is like the North side version of the Olathe theatre.

14. Jedi-Anakin-Solo

Jedi-Anakin-Solo Force Ghost star 6

Dec 26, 2001
    I live not to far from that the Barry Road AMC, so that's probably where I'll see it. I see all movies there, including AotC. :p

15. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Oh, Barrywoods...I saw Spy Kids 3-D there, a year and a half ago. And I saw Phantom of the Opera there (twice!). I tend to stick to Liberty's less-than-amazing facilities.

I'll probably catch the midnight showing of ROTS at Liberty, mostly because I can't legally drive at 3 in the morning and it's close to home. I'll probably see it at Barrywoods that afternoon or something.

:)

16. JediJohnSeever

JediJohnSeever Jedi Youngling

Nov 8, 2000
    Why not we all start planning to meet somewhere and see it as a group in costume if you have one. I went to ATOC at Barry Road AMC with Gandalf and a few friends and had a blast.

I have never been to the Olathe or Independence. I have driven past the new one on 152, and never been to the Liberty one. I am game for any of them, as long as I get to see it.

ALso, is there a plan to meet up sometime between now and then so we can meet everyone?

17. Darth_Djinn

Darth_Djinn Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2004
    CHECK OUT THE POLL!!!!

18. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    uhm... I think the poll is MIA...

As JediJohn says, my vote is on the Barrywoods 24. I've been to the new Northglen once, and was not impressed, though I was in one of the smallest theatres. Besides, I've seen the last two prequels at Barrywoods, and I'm not about to break the tradition now. 5th in line 3 years ago... and I'm taking a WHOLE day off this time and not just 1/2 so I can be even earlier... and listen to Vanessa Carlton 8,000 times ;)

19. tina_als_girl

tina_als_girl Jedi Master

Sep 21, 2004
    Hades2021 wrote:
    What's the best theatre in town?

I know I went to Independence AMC 20 for Ep 1 and 2. Is there one better than that?

I was at Indep. AMC 20 for 1 & 2 as well! I was first in line both times (well, second for AOTC, but the guy in front of me was in a different auditorium)!

I especially had fun waiting in line for AOTC. There were these two guys who were immediately behind me who were SO fun to talk with! They even brought a laptop and we all watched TPM before being let in to sit down.

I wish I could meet those guys again so I can tell them how much I appreciated their friendliness; it was my birthday that day, so I was so grateful to have two nice guys like them to spend it with. All I know is one of them was named Steve (I think)...

Anyway, I'll be at the Indep. AMC 20 again for ROTS, and I'm hoping to once again be first in line! Their biggest screens are SO great to watch Star Wars on--I just hope they finally deal with their sound issues before May.

Joy

20. clonedmenace

Jun 29, 2002
    Turns out my last day of school is May 18, rather than the 17th. ...There will probably be a huge line by 2:30 or so, eh?

*shrug* I'll figure something out.

21. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    I'd say it depends on what theater you go to. Last year I got to the theater around 5 pm and I was like 40th in line. Of course one of my friends had been there all day in the 5th spot and I got to move up once I realized he was there.

22. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Cloned... I got to BarryWoods by about 1 or 2 last time and I was 5th in line. I'd say at 2:30 there was still less than 10 people there.

23. EventMaker

EventMaker Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2005
    Just wanted to let everyone know that there will be an event for ep3 at the Olathe's AMC 30 for the opening weekend.

You can check out our blog at www.galacticeventkc.blogspot.com

Even if you don't go for the Movie you might be able to check out the "pre-show".

It will be held right in front of the theatre where you get tickets.

Check out the site and let us know what you think.

24. LukeSkiewalker

Apr 4, 2003
    Welcome to the boards!

We encourage you to post at our forums on our website since we no longer post anything but meetings here.

Also at this point in time it does not look like we will going to AMC 30. We are tentatively having a FanForce/501st/Rebel Legion event at the Pallozio (sp?)

25. brat-of-kansas

brat-of-kansas Jedi Grand Master star 2

Aug 6, 2001
    i want to go see the movie so badly but i am stuck here in florida serving an internship with disney (i know DISNEY but right now it ain't all it is cracked up to be.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.