main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When exactly does Obi Won and Yoda realize Vader is still alive?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Darth-Real, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Real

Darth-Real Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2005
    After the duel on Mustafar it is fairly obvious that Obi Won left Anakin for dead. However, when together, Yoda and Obi Won clearly state that the children must be kept safe from the Sith, to me implying the Master and Apprentice. So when exactly do they realize that Vader survived after the duel?

2. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    I think they mean that if Sideous finds ot that Padme gave birth the Children would be at risk . that is why they make her look pregnant at the Funeral. if she did'nt they might catch on. Because Anakin is so powerful in the Force, his offspring likely would be too.

3. Darth-sennin

Darth-sennin Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2001
    While I don't know the answer to your question, knowing that Palpatine was alive, they could have assumed he would find a new aprentice as he always does. This could be the sith that they are refering to.

4. sithrules70

sithrules70 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    im not so sure about that.when they said "the sith" they could have being refering to only the emperor

5. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Sinister answered this one time. It's in some EU between the movies obviously but he mentioned the source.

6. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    In the Scholastic series, "Last of the Jedi", Obi-Wan finds out a little while after the events of RotS, a few months I believe. He finds a datapad in an alley in Mos Eisley that shows/talks about Vader. No word yet about Yoda though.

7. -maynard-

-maynard- Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 1, 2005
    qui-gon could tell them, but that angle opens up a huge can of worms

8. Carnage04

Carnage04 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 8, 2005

Padme dying: There is still good in him....

Does Padme sense that Anakin is alive? If so, it would occur to me that the Jedi know too.

Carnage

9. MasterDraco

MasterDraco Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2005
    I think that they did know. Once Padme told Obi-Wan there is still good in him, he comes to believe that Sidious remade him. In ROTJ, Yoda says Vader is Lukes father. He must've heard from Padme, or Obi-Wan told him. Both of them knew that one as powerful as Anakin could not be defeated easily.

10. WeaveSP03

WeaveSP03 Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2005
    According to "Dark Lord", Obi-Wan finds out through the holo-net. I don't know how seriously you (the original poster) take the Expanded Universe though.

11. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    i'm just always wondering how obi-wan connected the vader persona with anakin, but yeah, the holograph... uh, okay. [face_blush]

12. joshuavance

joshuavance Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    It's possible that as Vader's name and the terror associated with it spread throughout the galaxy, Obi-Wan heard discussions in Mos Eisley since it's a major hub of acivity, and then informed Yoda through the Force.

13. DUGGY

DUGGY Jedi Youngling star 4

Apr 23, 2005
    Yeah that is true. Ruling by fear works better when there is someone to fear. What a better deterent than to know if you cause trouble Vader will pay you a visit. [face_beatup]

14. brobertsumc

brobertsumc Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    They already knew that the Vader persona was really Anakin even before the duel.

"The boy you trained, gone he is. Consumed by Darth Vader."

15. arbed

arbed Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 24, 2004
    Yup, was just about to say that. When Vader pops up doing his atrocities (probably pretty soon), Obi knew from news that Vader was still alive and he already knew that Vader's Anakin. I don't think that Obi-Wan was completely cut off from civilization, ya know.

16. Darth-Real

Darth-Real Jedi Youngling

Nov 26, 2005
    So Obi Won should have gotten a serious beatdown for not finishing off Vader on Mustafar!

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In the films, it's only in ANH. In the eu, it's in "Dark Lord" and "Last Of The Jedi"

18. darth_blue_balloone

darth_blue_balloone Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2004
    There is a chapter covering how Obi-Wan finds out Vader is still alive in Dark Lord. Its a news report showing how Vader and the 501st took control of Kashyyyk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.