When Fandom Goes Too Far

Discussion in 'Niagara, ON' started by Yebbed-Crage, May 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
  2. Cow_Girl Chapter Rep Niagara ON, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 5
    One of the crucial scenes features a lightsabre battle between Ewan McGregor's Obi-Wan Kenobi and Hayden Christensen as Anakin Skywalker.

That made me giggle becuase they make it sound like its the only Lightsaber duel of the triloghy :)

But seriously, That really does blow me away, I am a pretty huge spaz but never in a thousand years would I consider doing something that dangerous! :p
  3. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    What about the guy who was so obsessed with Star Wars his non-fan girlfriend says "It's either me or Star Wars"?

He dumped her!
  4. grey_starr Jedi Master

star 4
    He dumped her?... good choice...
  5. Dalponis Jedi Knight

star 1
    Good thing I didn't bring a real lightsaber...
  6. DMZBADGER Jedi Knight

star 2
    to quote another great line from an awesome movie

"Did I.Qs drop sharply when I was gone?"

What in blue blazes did those two idiots think they were doing? And haven't they heard of a little thing called..mmm...umm....o' I don't know...a little thing I like to call AFTER EFFECTS ?

side note..to prove my point once again..If Georgey hadn't put ALL that cgi into his films these kids wouldn't have gone off the deep end. :)

7. Rabellaka FF City Rep London, ON Canada

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I really don't think the CGI is what did it.

It was a pretty stupid thing to do though.
  8. JediCourier Jedi Master

star 4
    What about the guy who was so obsessed with Star Wars his non-fan girlfriend says "It's either me or Star Wars"?

He dumped her!

Good for him! :p

And yeah...I'm not sure what part of "fluorescent tube + gasoline" seems like a good idea...
  9. DMZBADGER Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, but if they had used painted wooden sticks in the movies...and not had them as "energy weapons" then these kids might not have done what they did.. ;)

Instead of Vaders line in ANH "I find your lack of faith in the force disturbing" Should be "I find your lack of common sense disturbing"

Same reason why when they did the Fantastic Four cartoon many moons ago...they had that stupid little robbie robot flying anoying droid in it. They never had Johnny Storm..why? Because Marvel was worried that some kid would go in the back yard and dump gas on himself, light a match..and then "Flame On!"
  10. Arsinoe Jedi Knight

star 3
    Same reason why when they did the Fantastic Four cartoon many moons ago...they had that stupid little robbie robot flying anoying droid in it. They never had Johnny Storm..why? Because Marvel was worried that some kid would go in the back yard and dump gas on himself, light a match..and then "Flame On!"

No accounting for stupidity out there, so I guess we'll see THAT after the July 8th release of "Fantastic Four". Trailer looked sweet, btw. ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.