main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive When Galaxies Collide: A Major AU RPG

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by chanbill5390, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alex McRea

"What conversation are you talking about Sir? I thought we were just here discussing this interesting positions our people have gotten in and my possible IT position under you administration maintaining the flow of information packets and network security, just the usual. That conversation? Of course Sir." he placed his hands behind his back, "And it'd be my pleasure to meet my possible co-workers now Sir, a good business relationship equals more productivity, and productivity is a way of life."

Tag: Darthramza

2. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Stellamarria Thallis
    Council Chambers/anteroom, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

Again, she nodded her understanding. "Thank you for your time, Masters." Stellamarria bowed, then turned to go, gesturing for Jared to follow.

So she had three months to familiarize Jared with the basics of Jedi philosophy, combat, and general way of life. It seemed to her like a lot to learn in a very short amount of time, but she had no say in the matter, and knew better than to complain, so it would have to work.

Then there was the attachment issue. That, Stellamarria knew, would be a long and difficult process, both for Jared and his family. She supposed she should have expected that the Council wouldn't allow Jared to maintain ties to his mother and sister if he was accepted for training, but she was not looking forward to having that conversation with the Rathmas. No doubt Alexandria would have a thing or two to say... But still, that would only be an issue in the event that Jared completed the trial period to the Council's satisfaction, and with three months to prepare...

The sight of Master Kenobi still standing outside the Council chambers jarred her from her musings, and she did offer him an apology for keeping him waiting, before moving to the turbolift. As the elevator began its descent, she turned to Jared. "We need to stop and get the documentation needed for you and your family to register as Republic citizens, and when we get back to my quarters, we'll talk about your training, all right?"

Tag: Lukes_Apprentice

3. Lukes_Apprentice

Lukes_Apprentice Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2008
    IC: Jared Rathma
    Council Chambers/anteroom, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

It had all seemed like dream the entire conversation was unreal it was all moving to fast. Break ties with his family, three standard months to get up to speed, and his master was now StellaMaria on a trail basis. Jared was spurprised,slightly upset, mad, happy, sad, and the other emotions he couldn?t exactly put a name to. He had followed StellaMaria out, and saw what he assumed was another Jedi. He then steeped into what he believe to be an elevator with and StellaMaria said, ?"We need to stop and get the documentation needed for you and your family to register as Republic citizens, and when we get back to my quarters, we'll talk about your training, all right?"

Half there half worried about and how he would break the news to his mom and sister Jared said, ?Um, yeah sure.?

Jared went into deep thought and rubbed his temples. I can?t believe what is happening, taking orders like a child, break off ties with my family, and learn the Jedi way within three months this is not what I bargained for. Further more, I probably will have to give up my cat because I will not be able to take care of him. What If I walk away will it affect my future, that of the universe, the earth, or the Jedi?

Jared felt a cold shiver run down his spine and it was then he decided he could not walk away not now there was too much at stake.

Jared hung head, held on to the rail, and said, ?StellaMaria, I want to tell my family the news of what will happen on my own terms.?

TAG: JediMasterAnne

4. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Turbolift/corridors, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

?Stellamarria, I want to tell my family the news of what will happen on my own terms.?

She considered for a moment before answering. "I don't see any reason why you can't. It doesn't really matter who tells them, as long as they're told, but they might prefer to hear it from you. If you like, you can tell them privately--I don't have to be there unless you want me there."

A few moments' silence passed, until the turbolift doors slid open, and as she stepped out of the elevator, Stellamarria spoke up again. "I'm sorry I didn't warn you about the attachment issue." She could tell that the knowledge that he might have to sever his ties to his family had affected him--she could feel his conflicting emotions in the Force, and even if she hadn't, his body language made it just as clear. "I wasn't sure what the Council would say about your relationship with your family, and I didn't want to scare you, in case they decided to make some kind of exception in your case, or something like that. But I should have said something, and I apologize."

5. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Turbolift/corridors, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

While the elevator came to its destination StellaMaria had at least allowed himto inform his family. Some of the tension in his neck lightened when she said that. Then see said, "I wasn't sure what the Council would say about your relationship with your family, and I didn't want to scare you, in case they decided to make some kind of exception in your case, or something like that. But I should have said something, and I apologize."

Then she stepped out after the elevator or whatever it was came to a stop and the doors opened.
    Jared followed and heard a slight swoosh as the doors closed behind him.

Jared said, ?It is alright I would tell you I didn?t want to continue and I would have stopped the council if I didn?t want to train. There is bigger purpose to all this and I believe both of us realize it. I will tell my family it is just not going to be easy. I will flow you and we will get the papers.?

Jared knew that what he said was a massive understatement his mom would go ballistic and his sister wouldn?t be happy either. I have to find the strength to tell them, Jared thought.

[b]Tag: JediMasterAnne[/b]

6. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Note: What follows is a combined post... with myself.

IC and NPC: Ben Anderson and Prime Minister Javier Marquez
    Waiting Room Outside the Office of the Supreme Chancellor

"I see..." Ben replied, thinking about the implications of what he had just heard. He knew his history, and he knew what had ended up happening when Chancellors received emergency powers: They rarely gave it up. He recalled a line from one of his favorite films: "You either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain." It was not a particularly correct line in many cases. This sounded like one of them.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the doorway, Marquez smiled at Mr. McRea's reply. "Good man." Obviously this fellow was quick on the uptake. Excellent. He would make a fine addition to his cabinet after all. Reluctantly, Marquez realized that the Americans had, in fact, been of some use for once.

"Ah, Senior Advisor Anderson, I've been expecting you! And Gerrik Thade as well; how nice to see you again. As you know I owe you and your fellow Jedi Knights a great deal. Without your assistance we would never have been able to make it off of the Earth in time." Of course, if it had not been for them they would never have needed to get off of Earth at all, but Marquez was not about to mention that. "I would like you both to meet my new Senior Advisor on Information Technology, Mr. Alex McRea. Mr. McRea, Senior Advisor on International Affairs Ben Anderson and the Jedi Knight Gerrik Thade."

Ben looked at the Prime Minister for a moment with a slight bit of apprehension. But why? Something seemed off about Marquez, but he could not place it. And he wasn't about to try seeing the auras again right now. "A pleasure to meet you, Mr. McRea," he finally replied, extending his hand to offer a handshake.

[b]TAG: Kahn_Iceay, Chanbill[/b]

7. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Gerrik Thade

"A pleasure to meet both of you, however something you should know, Ben here is now a padawan to the Jedi Order, he will be learning under me at the Temple." Gerrik said placing a hand on his new apprentice's shoulder. "It would appear Prime Minister that you now have a Jedi for an Advisor on international affairs, more like interplanetary now." he added with a grin.

"Now Mr. McRea, I believe I heard you are Senior Advisor on Information Technology, what exactly does that position entail?" Gerrik asked the man before him. "If it deals with information gathering you'll find the majority of the Jedi Archives are open to public use, the only files restricted are those directly related to training of our padawans, that's only because of the information based on Force abilities which if an unregistered Force user were to learn them and use them for dark purposes could result in something terrible, you see some things need to be kept locked up, however starcharts, planetary locations, status, species, pretty much everything that you would need to know you are free to access at the Temple itself, or at any of the Archives scattered about the planet." he added.

TAG: Ben, McRea

8. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Corridors, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

[i]?It is alright I would tell you I didn?t want to continue and I would have stopped the council if I didn?t want to train. There is bigger purpose to all this and I believe both of us realize it. I will tell my family it is just not going to be easy. I will flow you and we will get the papers.?[/i]

She nodded absently as she led him down the corridors, the words [i]There is bigger purpose to all this[/i] running through her head, as she remembered what Count Dooku had told Master Kenobi about a Sith supposedly controlling the Senate. While it was known amongst the Jedi that there was still a Dark Lord out there, Stellamarria wasn't entirely sure she believed he was pulling strings in the Senate--after all, Dooku was no longer the most credible informant... Still, she'd caught herself wondering, if there was a Sith controlling the Senate, was the war part of some master plan, or was it all just coincidence?

[i]Either way, not my problem.[/i] The Council was watching the Senate, and that was all they really could do for now.

She stopped briefly at the Archives again, where she was able to track down three copies of the citizenship forms for Jared and his family to fill out, then they headed back to her quarters. Before opening the door, Stellamarria turned back to Jared once more. "Would you prefer to talk to your mother and sister privately, or do you want me to stay?"

[b]Tag: Lukes_Apprentice[/b]

9. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008

After following StellaMaria through the corridors and watching her get the necessary documents he followed her to her quarters. Then StellaMaria said, ?Would you prefer to talk to your mother and sister privately, or do you want me to stay?"

Jared was unsure as to how to respond to her question the quiet procession had helped his resolve a little, but not much. This is going to be very hard despite how much I want to separate myself from my family, I don?t want to break my mothers heart, Jared thought. Considering after telling his mom the truth he didn?t know how she would react Jared said, ?I think I should explain it to them alone and I?ll give them the papers,? Jared said sighing. Jared slowly held out his hand in no particular rush, and waited for StellaMaria to hand him the papers.

10. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Private quarters, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

[i]?I think I should explain it to them alone and I?ll give them the papers.?[/i]

"Okay," Stellamarria said, with a small nod. Handing him the papers, she opened the door to her quarters. "I'll be in my bedroom. Just give those papers back to me when you're done with them, and I'll turn them in," she told him.

She didn't say anything to Malika or Alexandria as she crossed the sitting area to her bedroom and shut the door behind her. A sigh escaped her lips as she leaned against the door. [i]What a day...[/i] At least now she had a little time for herself, and she could finally get in that meditation she'd promised herself that morning. Moving away from the door, she sat down cross-legged on her bed to do just that.

[b]Tag: Lukes_Apprentice, eventually[/b]

11. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Alex McRea

The new 'Senior Advisor on Information Technology' took the mans hand and shook, smiling a friendly smile. "Pleasure to meet you too." He nodded to the Jedi, "And you too Jedi Thade." He continued to nod as the Jedi talked about their archives My my my, fate is funny today, having this man give me information I need. he however quickly pushed the thoughts aside, and brought forward the small bits of military training he had. "Well, Gerrik, if you don't mind me calling you such. My position isn't one of a good deal of excitement. Mostly I'll be overseeing individuals who maintain our computer networks. Less about collecting information than making it safe really." He paused for a moment, "However, I thank you for the opportunity to look at these 'Jedi Archives', Though I'm not sure if I'll have the time anytime soon. The first year or so in a position like this is very busy, little free time, but the outcome, and the rewards are very worth it. And I do thank the Prime Minister for choosing me and giving me this opportunity."

Tag:Darthramza and Chanbill

12. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    NPC: Malika Rathma and Alexadra Rathma
    StellaMaria's Room, Jedi Temple, Coruscant

[i]"Okay," Stellamarria said, with a small nod. Handing him the papers, she opened the door to her quarters. "I'll be in my bedroom. Just give those papers back to me when you're done with them, and I'll turn them in," she told him.[/i]

He had followed her every movement they entered Jared noticed that Malika and Alexandria were looking at them slightly puzzled. Jared made sure the door was closed to Stellamarria?s room and smiled nervously at his mother and sister.
    His mom picked up on the smile and said, ?Jared, honey, what is wrong??

Jared had tried to convince himself it was the best that he and his mother didn?t have as good a relationship as they used to but it didn?t make it any better. Jared turned it was then it hit him like a ton of bricks. If I continue on this course and pass I will be separated from my family, Jared thought. As a tear ran down Jared?s check he was sad and partially angry as he supported himself on the closest wall. As he thought about how thing went after his father?s disappearance and death.

[hl=orange]His mother had moved them to America to start over as she called it. The next years were the hardest and Jared missed his father. Sometimes he would hear him mother cry herself to sleep he remembered what his father said to him before the trip. He said, ?Son I have to tell it you straight because I believe you are old enough. If something happens to me up there I want you to take care of your mother and sister.?

All Jared said was ?Ok, dad.? Jared had said he loved his dad, but the funeral was hell and know he was in another country. Jared focused on getting through school, while his mother supported the family by taking a job. It was then Jared learned to cook and study, partially to numb the pain of the loss of his father and to fulfill his promise he made to take care of the family.[/hl]

Jared felt his, sister?s hand on his should pulling him out of his reverie. His sister said, ?Please Jared, you have to tell us what is going on.?

Jared nodded. ?I have to tell something and you have to promise me that you will not get angry,? he said.

?That depends on how I feel Jared you know I can?t make a promise unless I can keep it,? his mother said.

Jared sighed aloud and said, ?Well I guess there is no time like the present. You know that vision I told you about??

Both his mother and sister nodded. Then Jared said, ?Well it appears that he council knew about the danger. They said I had to focus my vision and train under StellaMaria on a temporary basis. Then, I would be tested again and if passed then I could become her apprentice as they call it. However, the catch is that I have to break my ties and emotional attachment with my family.?

Malika and his mother, Alexandria, stared at him for moment almost stunned. His mother was the first to react see literally almost turned red and said, ?How ? wha .. I,? It was then Jared knew she was ready to blow up in anger and frustration. He ran over to her and said, ?Mom being angry or upset does not change the fact that I have and want to do this.?

His mom went over to a chair and sat down. Jared pulled a chair over and sat next to her. Finally, Malika joined them and said, ?Brother, seriously I just don?t see why you have to put yourself and us through this. I realize that we do not exactly talk as often as we used to when we were kids. However, I have to ask why now??

What a question it was like tring to answer a question about foreign civilation when one does not have clue how it works. Jared took a breath in to calm himself and said, ?I know it seems I may be doing this to hurt you and fact is that, I?m not. I want fix whatever danger there is not for me, but for humans and this new strange universe that we are now a part of. I really wish this didn?t have to happen to be honest I will miss your company mom and the way you always find to make me laugh, Malika.? Jared was choked up it was hard to exp

13. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

[i]?We are ready to go when you are.?[/i]

Disrupted by Jared's knock, Stellamarria opened her eyes as she came out of her meditation, then climbed off the bed. Going back into the sitting area, she found Jared and his family waiting for her, their things packed up again, and Newton the cat in his carrier. The distinctly gloomy atmosphere hanging over them made Stellamarria want to go back and meditate some more, but it would pass.

"I'm going to take you over to the government sector, and we'll turn in your papers," she told them. Looking to Malika and Alexandria, she added, "Someone there will set you two up with a temporary residence here on Coruscant, where you'll stay until you're relocated."

That said, she shifted her attention back to Jared. To [i]choose[/i] whether to be a Jedi or not was a luxury rarely enjoyed--by the time they were old enough to understand that the choice was there, it wasn't really much of a choice. Either they stuck with it, keeping to the Jedi way of life, or they left the Order, and everything they'd ever known. She hesitated to ask the question, afraid that if she did, he'd change his mind, but in the end she felt it needed to be said. "Are you [i]sure[/i] you want to do this?"

14. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Waiting Room, Outside Chancellor Palpatine's Office, Coruscant

"A pleasure to meet you as well," Ben replied, shaking McRea's hand, although he had to admit this was the first he had heard of a [i]Senior Advisor on Information Technologies[/i] or whatever it was called. Why did Prime Minister Marquez need such a position filled, anyway?

As if to allay or distract Ben, Marquez continued "As I'm glad to have you onboard, Mr. McRea. Master Thade, perhaps you could be so kind as to show Mr. McRea the archives later this... afternoon? Is that the best approximate?"

Ben nodded his head. "Indeed it is, Mr. Prime Minister. As it turns out, Coruscant has a daily schedule roughly akin to our own."

"Really? Well I'll be damned. Anyway, I apologize for the brevity of this meeting, Mr. Anderson, but it has come to my attention that Chancellor Palpatine wishes to speak to me alone, and not, as I had thought, with my advisors present. So if you will all excuse me..." He entered through the double doors, giving Ben enough time to glance a large, red-hued room with a large desk. The gentleman seated behind it seemed like a nice enough fellow.

[i]Perhaps I've been wrong about my judgements...[/i] he thought, turning to Thade. "Well, Master, I guess I... don't actually have to meet with the Chancellor today. Perhaps we could take Mr. McRea to the Archives, then?"

[b]TAG: Kahn and Chanbill[/b]

15. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    NPC: Malika Rathma and Alexandra Rathma

Stellamaria explained that his mother and sister about them staying on coruscant until they relocated. Neither of them looked at her they just sort of stared at the walls. Jared also was only half listening and paying attention until Stellamaria said, [i]"Are you sure you want to do this?"[/i]

Jared was so stunned by the question Jared just sat there with his mouth agape. Jared thought why did she have to ask that question?

Jared thought about the choice, the convincing, the pain, and the prediction. Jared opened his mouth and nothing happened he couldn?t say anything.

Finally, Jared?s mother Alexandra said, ?Jared it is ok if you want to this I may not like it, but your father said you would find your path in your own way. He also said, that would accomplish more then I could comprehend by following your dreams The reason I didn?t tell you is that I dismissed as being crazy or a reference to your work on earth.?

Malika said, ?Mom really how could you believe a thing that came out his mouth he went up on that mountain and got himself killed. It is crazy if Jared has a choice then he should drop this unlike dad did.?

Jared had hoped to spare Stellamaria this conversation, but all her question had done was open dialog on the issue again. Jared was not sure which way to go. He then closed his eyes and concentrated. Jared then used what he knew and said, ?Malika you know dad went on the mountain thanks to a vision and wound up dead. However, that doesn?t mean his advise and vision will lead to mine. There has to be a reason for my vision, and despite all I have been through I can not walk away. Do I wish this had not happened, maybe I do. That really isn?t the issue the issue is what can I change??

Malika crossed her arms and said, ?How should I know you?re the visionary and it is your future.?

Jared breathed and said, ?I?m sure that this is the right course for me to follow.?

Malika said, ?Fine just don?t expect me to like it.?

Jared winced that hurt. Jared rubbed his temples and said ?Stellamarria, I?m sure.?
    [b]TAG: JediMasterAnne[/b]

16. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

[i]Next time, I?m just going to keep my mouth shut,[/i] Stellamarria thought, listening to Jared bickering with his sister. And here she?d expected that Alexandria would have been the least accepting of Jared?s choice.

Still, the conversation?if it could be called such?did shed some light on a few points, which Stellamarria would keep in mind until later, when she could talk with Jared in a more?[i]relaxed[/i] atmosphere.

[i]?I?m sure that this is the right course for me to follow,?[/i] Jared said.

[i]?Fine just don?t expect me to like it.?[/i]

Stellamarria winced at Malika?s retort. This was not an ideal place to leave Jared?s relationship with his sister?if he was accepted for training in three months, then his chances of ever seeing her again were exceedingly slim; did either of them really want their last conversation to be an argument? Stellamarria suddenly felt slightly guilty?[i]she[/i] had called attention to his vision, [i]she[/i] had brought him before the Council, and [i]she[/i] had neglected to fully inform him of the sacrifices that he?and his family?would have to make.

But in the end, she reminded herself, it all came down to Jared?s choice.

[i]?Stellamarria, I?m sure,?[/i] Jared finally answered.

She nodded quietly, then headed for the door. ?Let?s go, then.?

17. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008

Stellamaria said, ?[i]Let?s go, then.[/i]?

Malika stared forward and walked past Jared and flipped her hair in an angry fashion. Then got her bags and gave what Jared called the evil eye to Stellamaria as she passed into the corridors. Jared got the carrier with the cat and his mother got another bag. She looked briefly at Jared and he saw the tears in her eyes. Jared sighed and thought that maybe time would help heal them all.

Jared?s mother was next into the hall passing stellamaria and waiting in the corridors. Jared slowly followed behind and looked at stellamaria and when he got close whispered, ?I?m sorry you had to hear that whole fight.? Then Jared handed the documents to stellamaria.

Then Jared said, ?Ok stellamaria, we will follow you.?

18. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Gerrik Thade/Palpatine(As jedi-killerok has been inactive for some time.)

"I don't know what you mean. Mr. Marquez only mentioned not being able to have his advisors inside, we are Jedi, and actually it our mandate to be his personal guard." Gerrik said with a grin. "It would appear as though you will be meeting Chancellor Palpatine after all." he said entering the room.

"Forgive our tardiness Chancellor, my new padawan is still learning some of the protocols of Jedi duties." he said taking a seat to Marquez's right. "My apologies to you as well sir, I didn't have much time to inform you that the Order has assingned myslef and Ben tobe your personal guard, during this time it is unsafe for a politician to roam about unguarded especially with Separatist spies and mercenaries flitting all around." he added simply. "The last thing we need is the assassination of an Earthling emissary." he contiuned then returning his attention to Palpatine. "You were told about this assingnment by Master Yoda? He told me he sent you word once we made contact with the Earth's government." he said knowing that he was right, and suspicious as to why Chancellor Palpatine would ever want to meet someone one to one, it seemed off, especially with a planetary representative.

"Yes, of course." Palpatine said a notable tick of minor irritation crossing his face. "Well now Representative Marquez, I do believe we have much to talk about, no doubt you would like to know the status of the government and the galaxy at large. I assure you I will infrom you as best I can, I will even assign someone to help get that information to you." he said. "However I would first like to know whether or not you are aware of the curent struggle between the Republic and the Confederacy of Independant Systems." he said steepling his fingers.

TAG: Ben, Marquez.

19. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004

[i]?I?m sorry you had to hear that whole fight,"[/i] Jared said, handing over their citizenship papers.

"It's all right, I've seen and heard worse," Stellamarria replied, keeping her tone low as she started to lead them down to one of the Temple's docking bays; she had no intentions of [i]walking[/i] to the government district--it wasn't very far, but taking a speeder would be faster, and seeing as the situation was not getting any better with time, she wanted to get this over with.

However, she still did not like the current tension between Jared and his sister. She felt sorry for them, but part of being a Jedi was learning to make sacrifices, of all degrees. And family was one of the biggest. Stellamarria herself did not remember her parents; the Jedi were the only family she'd ever known, but even the strong bonds she shared with some of her colleagues were a far cry from the close-knit relationships that real families had. And as much as she had, in the past, wondered what it was like to have a "real" family, there was no point in wishing for what she couldn't have. Based on her experiences with Jared?s family, maybe it was better that she didn?t. She certainly wouldn?t want to have gone through this with her parents. Had it been this hard for them? Noting the tears in Alexandria?s eyes, she added softly to Jared, so his mother and sister wouldn?t hear, "I'd be lying if I said I'd expected them to take it well. I can imagine that this must be hard on all of you."

20. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Palpatine's Office

Ben glanced over this Chancellor Palpatine fellow. He was old, not surprising, and he had a few noticeable facial ticks, not to mention what appeared to be a slight accent in his speech. Ben couldn't help but wonder just what was running through the old man's mind this very moment. Probably some political matter of the time.

Marquez's assessment was similar to Ben's, but he also picked up the kind of suave political nature that Ben was too young and inexperienced to detect. This man had likely done some very duplicitous things. How very interesting that was. "I am in fact aware of this conflict. You see, the Earth was attacked by CIS forces shortly after it's discovery by the Jedi. It is for this reason that we have come to this galaxy."

"As far as informations assistants, I actually have someone of my own I wouldn't mind using, if that's alright. He's just out in the waiting area at this moment if you'd like to meet him."

[b]TAG: Chanbill[/b]

21. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chancellor Palpatine

"That won't be neccesary." Palpatine said. "Though I do hope you aren't afraid to accept the services of the various archives and libraries here on Coruscant. I would feel terrible if you didn't have all the information you could attain from our wealth of knowledge." he added with a small smile. "Now to business, it would be my pleasure for you to stay here on Coruscant however it is up to you and the rest of your people from Earth whether or not to stay here, at this moment the majority of Earth's population is choosing their prefered world to live in that still lies in secure territory. There are several places suitable for Human life, if you could here's a list that you can choose from. Feel free to study each world as thouroughly as you wish." he said. "Other than that I would like to see you at today's Senate meeting, it will be in about eight standard hours from now." he added. "Until then have a pleasant day, you may leave now unless you have further questions." he added with the same small smile.

TAG: Marquez

22. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008

As they continued down the hall Stellamaria said basically that she was not upset by the fight. Jared was both relieved and astonished it was a weird and complex reaction.

[hl=orange]The truth is I don?t know what to think this is the hardest thing I have done in quite a while. It is as if I want to run one minute and solve the problem the next. I feel uneasy about this.[/hl]

Then Stellamarria said, [i]"I'd be lying if I said I'd expected them to take it well. I can imagine that this must be hard on all of you."[/i]

Jared cleared his throat, gathered himself, and said softly to Stellamaria, ?Your right it is hard.?

[hl=orange]I don?t feel like talking about this, and I hope I?m making the right decision.[/hl]

Jared gazed over at his sister and noticed that truth was his decision was hurting her most of all. Not that his mother wasn?t upset it was as if she had silently accepted his decision.

[hl=orange]Based on the strain on mom?s face she is using all her will power to not cry.[/hl]

Jared looked forward they were approaching the entrance to the Jedi temple.

23. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Docking bay, Jedi Temple/Government sector, Coruscant

?You?re right, it is hard.?

And it was about to get harder?Stellamarria was silent the rest of the way to the docking bay, from whence she took them in a borrowed speeder to the government district.

She parked the speeder outside a building designated, for the time being, for dealing with the Earthlings. Inside, a large number of said refugees were filling out and turning in their citizenship forms, others were being seen by clerks from the Coruscant housing authorities, working to set up temporary residence on-planet until they could be re-located to a planet more suiting to their original environment on Earth.

Leading Jared, Alexandria, and Malika behind her, Stellamarria quickly turned in their citizenship papers, then found an unoccupied clerk to take care of Alexandria and Malika.

All that was left now was for Jared and his family to say their farewells.

24. Lukes_Apprentice

Oct 15, 2008
    Docking bay, Jedi Temple/Government area, Coruscant

He had been wrong in his identification of the area of the temple and quickly discovered that they were at a docking bay. They all arrived in due time in another area of Coruscant that obviously dealt with government affairs. Inside the building he looked around at the humans filling out forms, waiting, or looking out the windows at the expansive city surrounding them. It was both so foreign, but yet so familiar. This is how felt years ago when we moved and became citizens of the United States, not that national distinction seemed to matter now.

He looked at his mother and sister to see that the events of the past hours had finally begun to sunk in.

His mother, Alexandria, spoke first, ?Jared I know you think you need to do what you think is right, but are absolutely sure??

He thought for moment and then he nodded.

?Mom I?m sure I hope someday both you can understand that I?m making this sacrifice not to hurt you, but quite possibly to save you,? he said.

He took a breath and continued by saying, ?Malika I know you are mad at me, but I ask you what is better abandoning you or abandoning my responsibility to stop whatever dangers are coming?

Malika turned and didn?t answer. He knew this meant she knew the choice, but didn?t want to admit she might be wrong.

The silence that occurred for a minute seemed deafening despite the noise of the various conversations that were occurring in the building.

Alexandria finally said, ?Son, I want you to know despite everything my love and I?m sure your sisters goes with you. Do your best like I know you can. I want to assure you that even if I have reservations about your joining the Jedi, I want you to be happy. ?

?Don?t worry I think I am in good hands. Stellamarria is the one that is going to be teaching me.?

Alexandria nodded and said, ?Give me hug and kiss because it will be the last time.?

He froze because the statement hit him right in the gut. He then hugged and kissed her on the check.
    He turned towards Malika and approached her.

Malika was in tears and meekly said, ?Please don?t go with the jedi.?

?You know I?ve explained my decision. I want to go.?

Malika turned hugged him and said, ?It?s not fair.?
    He knew she was at least partially right about that.

?I hope someday you will understand,? he said whispering to Malika.

Malika and Alexandria then approached the clerk and stellamarria, carrying their luggage and rolling it at the same time. He carried the cat carrier and approached the clerk.

He then turned to stellamaria, ?I believe everything is in order. ?

He looked at her as if asking silently what they had to do next.

25. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Government building, Coruscant

She could still sense some reluctance in Malika as the family said their goodbyes, but there was nothing Stellamarria could do about it. Finally, Jared turned back to her. ?I believe everything is in order.?

?All right.? She turned then to Alexandria and Malika, and the clerk standing next to her. ?Malika, Mrs. Rathma, this gentleman will take care of you from here. Good luck, and it was nice meeting you both.? She took a deep breath before looking back to Jared. ?We should be getting back to the Temple. We?ve got a lot to do.?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.