main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

When George Makes Changes To Original Trilogy

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by garyTHX, May 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garyTHX

garyTHX Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2005
    I recently purchased the new special edition DVD box set of Episodes 4, 5 & 6. Terffic stuff. But one thing ALWAYS niggles at me while watching them, especially in A NEW HOPE.

Looking at clips of Episode 3 and having seen the glorious lightsabre battles in Episode 1 & 2, why didnt George, when making new changes to the old movies (like added special effects of the JEDI dance scene in Jabba's palace), update the extremley CRAP looking Lightsabres?

Empire and Jedi arent so bad, because you can see technology advanced, but if George could add a CGI Jabba in A New Hope, various background scenery in Empire and TONS of new scenes in Jedi (including Hayden Christensen at the end) why couldnt he replace the dodgy lightsabres with new slick looking ones.

There are even points in the Darth/Obi Wan battle where the lightsabres disappear totally and you can see a silver, metal stick which they use before effects are added. When I watch it, it looks like a mistake and I cant understand why George wouldnt re-do that scene, and every lightsabre sequence in the original trilogy to make them look as good as they do now.

Any thoughts fans?

Someone give him a call.

PS/ Please dont reply with any predictable 'you can find this topic on another furom' cos I am a Star Wars fan, but I only just registered and there are THOUSANDS of fans and furoms on this site and I aint trolling through them all to find a remotley related subject, and I doubt anyone has asked this question yet.
    THANKS FOLKS!

2. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    "I doubt anyone has asked this question yet."

It's been asked a hundred times, especially since the DVDs. Don't seem to find the last thread on this.

Nobody knows why he didn't remake the lightsabers to be consistent, but they are different and in some parts (the Ben/Vader duel for instance) improved over the originals/SE.

Luke's greenish lightsaber on the Falcon is the biggest 'mistake' so far, and some are very annoyed about Vader's saber turning pink sometimes, which I find a bit ridiculous really, but whatever.

3. JMaster Luke

JMaster Luke Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    more so then adding the lightsaber, i want the lightsaber fight in ANH updated. If lucas does one more change that'd be what i want.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.