main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga When I Look At You-Songfic (A/A, Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sid_the_Sith, Jan 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sid_the_Sith

Sid_the_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Title: When I Look At You
    Rating: G
    Genre: Angst, Spoiler
    Time: RotS
    Type: Songfic- from the Scarlet Pimpernel Broadway Soundtrack
    Disclaimer: I own nothing
    Summary: Anakin falls to the Dark Side, right in front of Padme?s eye?s
    Author?s Note: Uhh, it?s my first real try at writing, so i hope you all like it me. Also, the song part can be thought of as Padme?s unconscious thoughts. Y?know, the ones in the inner recesses of her mind.

Padme stood, worrying. She knew what she had to do, and Anakin sent her a message that he would be home very soon. Too soon for Padme. She had no idea how to tell her husband all that she wanted to. But she knew that she had to.

The door opened, and in stepped a thoroughly wet Anakin Skywalker, Jedi Knight. Or Padme still hoped he was. The holonews showed some awful things that her husband did on Kashyyk, and Padme hoped that it was a big misunderstanding, or that the Wookies were traitors, or?or?or?

?Hello, love? said Anakin, with that smile of his. ?I?m finally home.? Without even bothering to close the door or take off his cloak, he strode right up to her and kissed her on the lips. Or tried to. She turned her head, and all that he managed to kiss was her cheek. Anakin was surprised. His wife was usually happy to have him home.

? Anakin, I- I want to talk to you? said Padme, after a second?s pause of looking at Anakin carefully, trying to keep tears from her eyes.

?Alright, let?s talk? Anakin said. He was about to sit down, but realized his dripping cloak. Smiling at the memory of Padme?s last reaction of him getting a piece of furniture wet, he put his dripping cloak in the ?fresher. He quickly went back to the living room and sat down on a couch. He wanted to get this over with so that they could go to bed. Anakin made room for her, and motioned for her to sit, but she remained standing.

Padme closed her eyes and took a deep breath, praying that nothing terrible will happen. When she married Anakin, Padme knew what her number one responsibility was. She knew that if Anakin were to ever fall to the dark side, she would have to be the one to catch him and help him find his way back. One of the reasons that Padme married him in the first place was that she cared too much for him to have him fall. When Anakin told her what happened in the Tuskin Raider camp, she resolved to marry him then and there. Now, she had to be her beloved husband?s support back to the Light. Padme opened her eyes and looked at her husband.

When I look at you,
    What I always see
    Is the face of someone else once belong to me
    Still, he?s in the light
    And even though that memory plays on
    He?s gone

?Anakin, what happened on Kashyyk?? Padme asked gently, wanting him to ask her for comfort. For she would give him all the help and support she possibly could.

Anakin immediately leaped up and faced the wall. ?I don?t want to talk about it,? he said, trying to dismiss the matter. How could Padme know about his master?s orders on Kashyyk? It was a high secret mission, where Anakin was supposed to merely kill a traitorous Wookie. Unfortunately, certain matters forced him to kill a whole clan. Force, why was Padme asking him these things? All that he wanted to do was to go to bed. Was that too much to ask? However, Padme stepped in front of him, and cradled his face within her small hands, looking at him with sad eyes. Anakin slowly smiled and suggested, ?Lets go to bed, love.?

When I look at you
    He is standing there
    I can almost breath like summer?s in the air
    Why do you smile his smile?
    That Heaven has forgotten has forgotten it?s
    spring
    In you

Padme looked into his eyes, trying to find the man she married. She saw in her mind?s eye that summer in the Lake Country, when they rolled in the grass, happy and in love. But the image changed, and all that Padme saw was w

2. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    So sad and heartbreaking, seeing Padme realize the truth about what her husband has become, to realize that he is no longer the man she once loved. *sniff*

3. Sid_the_Sith

Sid_the_Sith Jedi Youngling

Jun 22, 2004
    Hi Gina!
    thanks so much for reading (and reviewing!)
    i really wonder how Anakin is going to turn. i mean, whats going to be his breaking point when he becomes Darth Vader.
    btw, how do i get these things to italicize. i tried, did the whole [i/] but it didn't work. i'm gonna try it again.

Sid_the_Sith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.