When I was a kid playing sports, I was _______________________ .

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Dal--Intrepid, Nov 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dal--Intrepid Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Basketball: James Worthy, then eventually Michael Jordan
    Baseball: Pedro Guerrero batting, Nolan Ryan and Fernando Valenzuela pitching, and Bill Russell at shortstop
    Football: Roger Staubach and Tony Dorsett on offense; Randy White and Everson Walls on defense
  2. George_Roper Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Footie: Sir Stanley Matthews
  3. Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus

star 7
    Usually college players, whether from South Carolina or Duke. Mostly South Carolina back then, but still with some Duke players mixed in.
  4. heels1785 Jedi Draft Commissioner

Game Host
    star 6
    Football: Always Joe Montana.

Baseball: Always Paul O'Neill hitting, and Tom Glavine pitching.

Basketball: Either Jordan or John Stockton.

5. Drew_Atreides Force Ghost

star 5
    Hockey: Always Steve Yzerman (even had a #19 jersey!)

Baseball: I tried to model my game after, well, mostly Detroit Tigers (Travis Fryman, Mickey Tettleton, Alan Trammell, Tony Philips). Somehow, i also managed to sneak some JEFF BAGWELL in there (i used to wear a pad on my foot just like he did, just to look cool). Pitching-wise, for whatever reason when i started trying to model myself off of CHARLIE LEIBRANDT, i actually had alot of success.

Football: Barry Sanders. Always.

Basketball: I tried to envision JOHN STOCKTON, but i think i played more like Bill Laimbeer.
  6. Kyptastic VIP

star 5
    Cricket - Ricky Ponting, Glenn McGrath, then Colin Miller[face_blush]
    Basketball - Shaq - I was the tallest for most of my time playing Basketball and therefore center.
  7. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Whenever I play basketball I usually end up in the Shawn Marion type role on the court.

I can, for the most part, cover anyone. I can't create my own shot but can hit the open ones. I rebound, steal and block well. And I look goofy.

In football, I'm usually a wide receiver. I start off thinking I'm Marvin Harrison but as soon as I make a catch I get cocky and I trash talk... that's when I realize I'm TO... as much as it pains me to admit that. :p

In Baseball and wiffleball, I'm Randy Johnson. all. the. time.
  8. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Baseball: Always Derek Jeter
    Basketball: Who ever the worst shooter is in the NBA. That's me. :p
    Football: Marcus Allen
  9. DarthPoppy Force Ghost

star 4
    In basketball I clearly and consciously styled my game after Kurt Rambis and Bill Lambier. I could pretend Magic Johnson as much as I wanted, but game couldn't deliver. I keyed on what I was good at, which was tenacious D and a little on-court thuggery.

Football it was John Riggins on offense and Lawrence Taylor on defense.

Baseball was Ricky Henderson, but that just meant I usually got caught stealing, as I don't have his speed.
  10. Reynar_Tedros Force Ghost

star 6
    Baseball: At bat and at shortstop, Miguel Tejada. On the mound, Bartolo Colon.
  11. Everton Chosen One

star 10
    Football: Tony Cottee.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.