main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL When in Indianapolis..........

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JodoKast74, Oct 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JodoKast74

JodoKast74 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    In Sunday's paper, there is a toll-free number for a free "This is Indianapolis" guide for attractions and such that may be useful for the upcoming celebration. The number is 1-800-323-4639. That way, if everyone gets a copy of it, we can compare ideas on where to eat, drink and be merry. Or just find the best route for a bar crawl! Also, the official website to Indy attractions is www.indy.org .

2. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Or you could just ask me :)

3. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
  4. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Mmmm Indy downtown bar crawl? *cackles* Oh yes, that can be arranged.

5. Bosh_Talk

Bosh_Talk Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    We'd considered having a planned event....like a pub crawl....or even just a dinner like we're having in conjunction with WindyCon in a couple weeks. However, our concern was just scheduling conflicts with Celebration activities. I didn't make the original Celebration, so I don't know what kinds of planned things go on at night. Of course they may do things differently this time anyway.
    Another idea was to throw a room-party (which we're fam.....infamous for). But that would take several people hours of preparation time before-hand, and they'd have to sacrifice potential Celebration activities.
    SOOOOO....I would say, that until we get a solid schedule of events from Celebration HQ it would be hard to plan evening events...unless someone knows something I don't.

6. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Well we do, and I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    ...and then I'd have to find a place to dump your body, and frankly, I too busy to mess with dead Star Wars fans right now and I'm all out of lime. ;)

8. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    I put up a little post about Indianapolis and people want to kill each other and dump bodies. Is Indy that dangerous??

RUN AWAY!! RUN AWAY!!

9. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *smirks No we're just trying to scare you, JodoKast. It seems all the other CFers are pretty used to SebX's and my senses of humor :)

10. JodoKast74

Mar 10, 2001
    Oh, so you're kidding?? Oh, that's just great!! Now I have to cancel those bulletproof windows I ordered for my car.:)

11. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Why don't you just use that stolen Mandalorian Armor you have?

12. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Let's not go to Indianapolis.....

.....'tis a silly place.

13. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    *giggle*

"We're Knights of Indianapols...." just doesn't have the same ring to it.

And Jeff, you know you'll love it here!

14. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    How 'bout it Jeff!!! Who's inbred brother at Wizards of the Coast works for the Indianapolis Tourism Bureau?

15. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Er. Not sure. Is that a riddle, Bosh? :)

Indy - my one (and so far only) Indy experience was when the rental truck we rented to move back to Illinios from Fort Myers (oh trust me, folks. Ft. Myers sucks donkey) blew a tire on the expressway. We had to limp it to a Ryder repair shop a couple miles from the Hoosier Dome. Watched a couple hicks wack at the tail pipe about an hour to straighten it out (cuz when the cap blew off the tire, it bent the **** outta the exhaust pipe). It was pretty funny to watch Cleatus and Rufus get this big ol' pipe wrench and just beat on the thing. Only thing missing was a kid on a porch playing a banjo.......

16. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Maybe if you weren't downtown you would have seen Cleatus Jr. with the banjo on the porch and his pet cow, Bessy, tied to a tree in the front yard....but we're much more cosmopolitan downtown. ;) :p

17. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    It seems all the other CFers are pretty used to SebX's and my senses of humor

Is that what you call it? How very odd. ;)

18. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    You could say that.

19. Bosh_Talk

Nov 29, 2000
    Nahhh, not a riddle. Just saying that the only reason WotC would have picked Indiana to have a huge Star Wars convention is because someone who works there must be related to someone who works for the Indiana tourism bureau. Thus probably being from Indiana, which defaults to INBRED.

Just kidding.

20. Stardreamer

Stardreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2000
    No, Bosh... North Carolina defaults to inbred, while Indiana defaults to cornfed hick... get it right next time, will ya? [face_devil] ;)

(there's a joke hidden in there, let's see who finds it first.... ;) )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.