main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"When in Rome..." (JA fanfic, version 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Bastet, Jul 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
    To the Top!! :)

2. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    Uhhh. Must push story off third page. Ahh. There we go up on the top.

3. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    To the top!

4. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
  5. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Darn, thought it was more story!

6. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Up you go!

More would be a wonderous sight Bastet!!!!!

7. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    I apologize for the delay. I would have had this up yesterday, but this computer wouldn't let me log on. Grrr.
    Anyway, here's some more. I hope it's okay. I decided it was time for Qui to start having a few difficulties of his own... Mwuhahahahaha! :)

~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#~#

The next day, Qui-Gon was once again made to toil in the fields. He was alone now; Mog was probably napping again. True, the old man wasn?t helping, but at least he wasn?t bothering the Jedi master either. He had started breathing down Qui-Gon?s neck less and less lately; perhaps he was finally starting to trust him to do a good job. //Or maybe I?m just too boring for the old man,// the big Jedi thought wryly. Either way, he was glad for the time alone so he could think clearly.

Qui-Gon?s mind wandered to last night, when he first laid eyes on the new and improved Obi-Wan Kenobi. The sight had been quite a shock at first, but he had gotten more used to the idea as the evening progressed. After another excellent dinner, provided by Maia, the two Jedi had finally been able to resume Obi-Wan?s training. They had practiced with their lightsabers, and Maia and Toi had provided an attentive audience. For once, the pig had known to stay out of the way.

Maia had been dazzled with all the flipping, twisting, and maneuvering Obi-Wan did as he performed several katas. Qui-Gon had been pleased that his padawan was still at the peak of his skill level, the several days he had not had any chance to practice obviously hadn?t had much effect on his progress.

After katas, the two of them had sparred for a while. Qui-Gon had informed his apprentice that he couldn?t possibly beat his master while wearing a skirt, and Obi-Wan had taken up the challenge with determined enthusiasm. He very nearly almost won, too. The boy had fought fiercely, out to prove that he was quite capable in battle no matter what he happened to be wearing, and Qui-Gon had certainly agreed with him. He had made a mental note after their match, while rubbing a sore shoulder, never to tease Obi-Wan about his wardrobe again.

The Jedi master smiled at his memories of the previous evening. He straightened up after pulling yet another plant out of the ground and threw it into the cart. It was a few hours after lunch, and as Qui-Gon?s thoughts returned to the present, he realized that he was hot and thirsty. He sighed; there was nothing he could do about that now.

Qui-Gon bent over to pluck up another plant, but stopped suddenly when he sensed someone approaching. He looked up, and blinked. There standing in front of him was a particularly large woman, wearing a toothy grin and a look in her beady eyes that made the Jedi master distinctly uncomfortable. Her dark brown hair was matted and scraggly, and it was obvious that it had not been washed for several days. Her teeth were yellow and chipped, and were clearly well worn. She was also wearing several layers of bright red lipstick.

She looked vaguely familiar, but Qui-Gon couldn?t place her until she lifted a large meaty drumstick to her mouth and began to gnaw on it hungrily. Of course, she was the one who had been hitting Yaru over the head with bones all through the marriage feast. Qui-Gon knew they were husband and wife, which was why he felt a chill run up his spine as he realized that this woman was looking at him with another sort of hunger, the kind that had nothing to do with food. //Oh, no?// he thought with an inward sigh.

The woman finished her snack in record time, and then she flung the bone over her shoulder. ?Dina,? she said suddenly, pointing at herself. She took a step closer to the Jedi master, pointed at him, and said ?Que-gun? in a purring tone of voice. Then she took another step, and another, and another?.

Qui-Gon backed up slowly, feeling most uncomfortable, but the wall of plants behind him had him hemmed in. They were too close together to get through without trampling; and he was sure Mog would take it out of his pay if he did. But what was he going to do

8. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
    oh man thats tooo funny!!!! :) i cant stop laughing!!!! :) more is needed soon!!!!! :)

9. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    I thought it was funny. Qui-go seems to attract the most unusal creatures and people.

10. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    This post cracks me up! :)

I'm sure Maia was *VERY* appreciative when Obi was doing his jumps and flips in his skirt.

Qui-Gon being chased- now THAT was funny! :)

11. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Not sure if I blame DIna for her "pursuit" of QG.. *big grin*

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    HA HA HA! I am dying! That was so great!

I can't wait to see what happens when Obi-Wan comes home and sees Qui-Gon's face covered in red lip-stick lip-prints! He's going to be rolling on the floor!

More, more!

13. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Bastet you can't do that to me, I read most of these posts at work and uncontrollable laughter is not very professional! I'll say one thing for the women of this planet, they now a good man when they see one!!

~pardon me while I clear the drool away (also highly unprofessional)

Now all I ask is that you post more soon!

14. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    ROFLOL

Too funny Bastet. I could picture that with perfect clarity and let me tell you it was great!!!

15. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
  16. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Uppers!!

17. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Must have more Bastet.

18. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Just a quick update. I won't be able to add more until Tuesday. Sorry! I'm at the library right now, and I only have two hours, and I didn't bring my story with me. (The next part isn't finished anyway) I won't be able to use the computer that has my story on it until this Tuesday. No TF.N for two days! (The library is closed Sun. and Mon.) Aaarrrggghhh!! (I'll have to watch TPM to tide me over) :) :)
    Anyway, I'm glad you liked that last part. Hee hee. :) JKOW gave me the idea way back on the original thread for this story.
    The next post will be from Obi's POV. Again, I'm sorry for the delay, but I will work on more that just this next post, so I'll update at least two or three times next week, as long as the computer behaves. :)

19. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    I love, I just love it. HA! ROFLOL that was TOO funny. I just got this hilarious mental picture! hehehe Bastet that was just great!

20. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Looking foward to more!!!

21. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Every time I reread that post I fall down laughing. We're talking about a jedi who isn't afraid of sith, pirates, yoda's cooking but will cower in the face of a large woman with a crush.

22. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Get back there on the top.

23. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Bastet this is your thread speaking to you...

I am in need of a post!!!

24. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Uh oh. Now my thread it talking to me! Aaahhh! *Cue Twilight Zone music* ;) Hee hee!
    Anyway, thanks everyone! I'm glad you liked that last post, and I hope this next one is okay too. I must apologize that it doesn't advance the plot any, that will come in the next post, which will hopefully be up tomorrow, as today is my day off and I have the computer all to myself all day long. :)
    Well, enough rambling, on with the story!
    (I still can't believe people are actually liking this. *Gets sudddenly paranoid* Unless you're all just saying that, and you don't really mean it! Aaahhh!
    Everyone: Be quiet Bastet, and get on with your story! You've already made us wait two whole days longer than you said, so hurry up!!
    Bastet: Oh, okay. Sorry! Here you go!) :)

~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%

Obi-Wan and Maia walked slowly home with Toi after another lunch at Rika?s parents? house. It had definitely been a more pleasant experience than the first time. Ren had actually tried to be friendly today. He had shown Obi-Wan his animal tooth collection, naming each beast it belonged to as he held it up. The pride of his collection was a kabir tooth, making the young Jedi wonder how he got it. Had he battled one of those beasts himself? From the way Maia had looked at the tooth, and at Ren, with pride and admiration, Obi-Wan guessed that that was indeed the case.

Lunch itself was delicious, but awkward. All the food they ate was messy, from the greasy meat and juicy fruit to some kind of gooey sweet for dessert. Everybody?s hands were a sticky mess by the time the meal was over with, so Rika?s mother brought out a large bowl of water, and they all dipped into it to wash them off. Obi-Wan wished there was a better way, he had sorely missed forks and spoons and napkins since coming here. He never really felt like his hands were completely clean.

The afternoon had ended with the natives begging to see Obi-Wan?s lightsaber. He had agreed, and their eyes had all gone wide as the shiny blue blade had come to life. They had been even more amazed when he demonstrated what it could do. He had sliced cleanly through several logs in their firewood pile, and efficiently trimmed the bushes out front of their house. Obi-Wan was glad that no one had asked to hold his lightsaber, though it had looked like Ren had very much wanted to. That would *not* have been a good idea.

They had all walked around the market place for a bit as well after lunch, and Obi-Wan was very gratified to see that people were no longer staring at him funny. He did get an occasional glance because his skin was lighter than everyone else?s, but when people saw whom it was they would smile and nod. Apparently everyone was very approving of the change in his apparel, which confirmed Obi-Wan?s belief that he had done the right thing.

Toi gave a happy snort as they rounded the corner into their lane, bringing Obi-Wan?s thoughts back to the present. Suddenly a large woman rushed up, and almost tripped over the pig. She stopped just in time by grabbing onto Maia, who was closest.

?Dina!? Maia yelled in surprise as she fought to keep her balance. After a moment, the woman recovered herself and straightened up. She was out of breath and sweating heavily, and looked quite flustered about something. Obi-Wan also soon discovered that she was in dire need of a bath. He tried not to gag as he listened carefully to the ensuing conversation between the two native women. He assumed that Maia had just asked what Dina was doing, and Obi-Wan realized with satisfaction that he understood quite a few words the large woman was saying. ?Run, field, hunt, spear, sun, garden, tummpa, pig, lunch, and Yaru.?

A few minutes later, Dina bid goodbye and hurried off, while Obi-Wan and Maia continued on their way. The young Jedi couldn?t help but notice how the large woman had avoided looking at him, nor could he ignore the feeling that she had been lying about something. He looked questioningly over at Maia as they walked, but she mere

25. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
    oh man my bro thougt i had gone insane!!! i was laughing very loudly the hole time!!!! that was soooo funny!!!!! more is needed soon!!! :)

Padawan Buffy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.