main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"When in Rome..." (JA fanfic, version 2)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Bastet, Jul 23, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyVorgunby

LadyVorgunby Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2000
    Oh that was too funny... Obi could have some wonderful blackmail material with that one!! Qui hiding behind the bush was classic...

Looking foward to even more

2. Kelly Kenobi

Kelly Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 23, 2000
    Hahahahahaha!!!! I know exactly how Obis stomach feels from to much laughter. That was toooooo funny Bastet.

I am also happy to know that we should be getting more soon! I hope that is a promise you can keep, you don?t want your thread to have to start talking to you again now do you???

3. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Erm...uh...no I don't have a post. *Sees Kelly's threat to possess her thread again* Eeep! Uh, I just want to update and say that I will not be able to post until Sunday. Sorry! I realized that I won't be able to use the computer tomorrow, and I won't have much time on Saturday either, and my next post isn't ready yet. But it *will* be up on Sunday, even if it kills me! Yeah!
    In other news, it's been "The Attack of The Plot Bunnies" for me this week. I now have ideas for nine more stories hopping around in my head! Aaahh! And I basically have the whole plot worked out on eight of them, but not much yet on paper. So after I'm done with this story, I'm gonna be busy busy busy trying to get them written out before I post any of them. Some are pretty short though, so hopefully you won't have to wait too long. :)

4. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Te-hee, Bastet. Anytime you post is certainly a good day:) Made me laugh:)

5. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Eight plot bunnies don't know when I have read better news!! I look forward to Sunday!

6. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    I had sympathy stomach pains for Obi-wan. Humor and getting tickled can hurt a great deal.

7. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
  8. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
  9. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Erm, okay, this is really iffy. Sorry! I just can't get my brain to function properly right now, I'm too tired.
    But anyway, it actually rained today, for the first time all summer, just about. Yay!
    Well, enough blabbering, here's some more story.

~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%~%

As it turned out, the fiasco with Dina was just the beginning of problems for Obi-Wan?s master. The next morning when Qui-Gon showed up for work at Mog?s, the old man gave him a telling off like he couldn?t believe. He told his padawan it was lucky he couldn?t understand the language, for he was sure the old native was using every foul word he could think off, and perhaps he was making up some as well. But the telling off hadn?t bothered the Jedi master nearly as much as what Mog did afterwards. Out of spite for leaving early yesterday, he made Qui-Gon work extra hard and long the next day. He accompanied the big Jedi to the field, and whacked him with his stick every time he thought Qui-Gon wasn?t working fast enough, which was about every ten minutes.

It was dark by the time the worn-out Jedi master stopped by Obi-Wan?s house. He was dead on his feet, sweaty, tired, bruised, and grouchy. Obi-Wan helped him the rest of the way home, once again offering to go back to the fields with him tomorrow. Because now that Qui-Gon was getting beat up too?

?No no, padawan, it?s alright,? the big Jedi assured him. ?He was just mad about yesterday. At least Mog kept Dina from trying anything again today. But things will be better tomorrow, don?t worry.?

Things did not really improve the next day, however, or the day after that. Mog still hounded Qui-Gon, though he didn?t use his stick again, at least. And as he put it ?The old man may be extremely annoying, but at least he is keeping that dratted woman away.? Qui-Gon had spied her eyeing him with a provocative grin one day while he was helping Mog unload his harvest at the market place. Luckily no one had noticed.

But the poor Jedi master was being worked to exhaustion every day now. And to make matters worse, Meti was having more problems than ever with duplicating the comm?s tiny components. He was making very little progress now, and Qui-Gon grimly informed his padawan one day that he had a feeling Meti was about to increase his fee. It was five day after Dina?s ?attack? on Qui-Gon, and he was once more bone-tired after a long day at work. They were sitting at the table in Obi-Wan?s house, enjoying a bowl of scrumptious fruit. Maia was out in the garden with Toi, as it was already almost bedtime. The two Jedi were having their usual conversation involving what they should do about their situation.

Obi-Wan knew that his master did not want him to help in the field because he was still feeling guilty about this whole big mess, and of course also because Mog had been so mean to him that first day. But now the young Jedi in turn was starting to feel guilty himself. Qui-Gon never complained, but Obi-Wan could tell how worn out and discouraged he was by the way his shoulders slumped, his eyelids drooped, and by how stiffly he moved after coming home from working for Mog every day.

It made Obi-Wan feel even guiltier still when he thought of how easy a time he was having now. He had become quite the adept hunter, Maia and he always had more than enough to eat. And the fruits and vegetables in the backyard garden were plentiful and delicious.

Maia?s friends had visited everyday, or they had gone to see them, and Obi-Wan was beginning to enjoy their company more and more. Ren was slowly becoming friendlier, though they still had quite a long way to go in becoming best friends or anything. Obi-Wan could tell there was something in the way of them really hitting it off, something that was bothering Ren a great deal. The young Jedi had surmised that it was because the native was in love with Maia. So in short, he was jealous. Obi-Wan didn?t know what do about that, so he just decided to be as nice to the boy as possible.

The young Jedi?s command

10. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    I'm just upping this before I go to work. I'll try to have more either tonight or tomorrow.

11. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Not iffy at all Bastet, not in the least! I love how things have turned for Obi and Qui, now Qui seems to be getting the brunt of the hard work. Obi really seems to be enjoying his time on the planet. I think it is going to be very hard for both Obi and his wife when he and Qui-Gon leave the planet. I am anxious to see what Obis big idea is!

Excellent work as usual!

12. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Oh, hooray, a new post! I like the way that Obi-Wan is starting to feel guilty about Qui-Gon having to work so hard and getting whacked all the time, and the way he's anxious to remedy the situation, especially because he himself is living in relative luxury. I also like the way he's starting to blend in. It was hilarious, too, the way that Qui-Gon admitted he hadn't told the Jedi Council they were coming home, and for what reason! Hah! Now I'm interested to see what Obi-Wan's idea is.

And, I admit, I can't help wondering if Maia is ever going to feel like getting a bit 'friendlier' with her new husband...

13. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    I was wondering the same thing Jane. I know if I had Obi for a hubby getting 'friendlier' would be one of my top priorities!

Come om Bastet we have questions that need answers!

14. Buffynick60

Buffynick60 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2000
  15. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Great post Bastet!

Now the tables are turned as Qui-Gon is the one made to suffer.

16. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
  17. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
    Bastet I know you are here today, a post on this would sure make my day!

18. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
  19. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    To the top.

20. Kelly Kenobi

Mar 23, 2000
  21. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    Yet again we up this.

22. Buffynick60

Jul 11, 2000
    Come on Bastet write more!!!! Were all Waiting!!!! :)

23. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    The waiting is killing me.

24. Bastet

Dec 30, 1999
    Okay, here's some more. I had this most of the way typed already, but the computer it was saved on is inaccesible for now. So I finally gave up waiting for a chance to use it, and so I had to rewrite it and retype it in hotmail here at the library. I don't have grammar or spellcheck, so I apologize in advance for any errors.

I hope this is at least sort of worth the wait (HA!), and I hope I didn't kill Padawan3!

The next day was the same as usual for Qui-Gon. Mog worked him once again to the point of exhaustion. Apparently the plants they were harvesting were slowly turning overripe, and needed to be plucked up as soon as possible. In fact, the old native was starting to become rather frenzied about it. Qui-Gon knew he was desperate, because Mog was now helping out himself, and working almost as hard as the big Jedi.

//He should have gotten to this sooner, instead of making me rearrange his garden all last week,// Qui-Gon thought grumpily as Mog yelled at him again to hurry. At least, that's what he assumed the old man was saying.

It was around five o'clock that afternoon when the Jedi master suddenly realized with a start that they were almost done. He could now see through the row they had just started to work on, meaning there wasn't another one behind it. One more row, and they would be done.

Qui-Gon hadn't realized that they had already come so close to finishing. He would normally have been ecstatic, but given their current situation, he only felt frustration. What was he going to do to earn more money now?

Half an hour after they started on the last row, the two men were done at last. Mog ended the day with a wierd little victory dance, where he jumped up and down and waved his arms at the sun. Qui-Gon just stood by the filled cart and watched the crazy old man with raised eyebrows.

After a few minutes, Mog bounced over, looking gleeful, and handed the big Jedi his pay. Qui-Gon saw immediately that the old man had given him enough wages for three days. Surprised, he looked up to see the old man just grinning his toothy grin and bouncing on his feet. //Does he feel bad for the way he's been treating me?// Qui-Gon thought in puzzlement. Or maybe it was some kind of bonus for a job well-done. But whatever it was, he was very grateful for it. Not knowing the right words, the big Jedi just bowed his thanks, making Mog laugh. The old man returned the gesture, however, and then motioned for Qui-Gon to pull the cart into town. //Making sure he get's his money's worth,// he thought wryly as he picked up the handles and began the long trudge into the village.

When at last they came within sight of the market place, Qui-Gon groaned inwardly. He could make out the shape of Dina from several meters away, wearing a bright orange dress. Of the other times the Jedi master had had to go into the market area with Mog, Dina had been there twice. Both times she had batted her eyelashes at him and grinned provocatively. The second time she had even blown him a kiss. The unwanted attention made Qui-Gon very uneasy. What if someone saw her, and word got back to Yaru that his wife was hitting on one of the strangers? That was how Galactic Incidents got started.

As they drew closer, Qui-Gon saw that Yaru had accompanied his wife to the market place. He was blue today, but his hair, hands, and feet were bright yellow. Dina, seeing him approach, quickly looked away. Qui-Gon breathed a sigh of relief upon realizing that the big woman was going to ignore him this time. //So she has a little common sense left after all,// he thought in relief.

Qui-Gon was so preoccupied with Dina that he didn't notice at first that her and her husband were standing at the end of a line that appeared to end at Meti's metal-smithing shop. Very curious, the big Jedi quickly made his way over in the opposite direction to the food vendors to drop off the rest of Mog's harvest. The old man was soon engaged in a debate over it's price with a haggled lo

25. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not dumb at all Bastet. Quite ingenious actually. All that over a little fork and spoon, heh, heh.

I was glad to see Yaru had accompanied his wife, I wonder if he has any idea of the 'flirt' she really is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.