main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series When in the timeline, and/or how, would you like this series to end?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Loupgarou, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    The Clone Wars is in an odd and unique predicament in that although the audience knows what happens in the future of it's universe, we have no idea what will be shown in the show, how far it will go, or the fate of the main character(i'm assuming Ahsoka counts as a sort of main character, but i don't even know if that's a fair assumption. This is far different than the prequels, where we know Anakin's fate from he start.)
    Now, the Genndy 2003 micro-series ended in the moments right before episode Three. This happened before episode 3 came out, and that's why it worked, it got us ready. And honestly I'd be disappointed if they redid that sequence and changed things for TCW, i love the micro-series, and those matters are already so confusing, what with Labyrinth of Evil and all. THis is a large possibility for the end of the show, just not one i want.

The show could end before the end of the clone wars, but that seems anticlimactic. Perhaps after killing off/redeeming/somehow doing away with the villains not in episode 3 or after(Ventress, Cad Bane, Opress), it would have Ahsoka be given to a new master or something, because Anakin does something the Council doesn't like. There's already a whole thread devoted to Ahsoka's fate, but it's intrinsically connected to what will happen at the end of this show. Anyway, no matter what happens to her, ending the show before the end of the war would mean wrapping up a lot quickly, and that could backfire.

Personally, i think the show should end during ROTS, with order 66. They could take this a variety of ways, But i was thinking doing something where Rex, shown to question his duty on occasion and even to let a deserter go, question the order. But i wouldn't want it to be about him, so maybe he could die trying to protect Ahsoka (not too long of a scene but sad, and a way for her to survive). After telling her to run, she'd see from a distance Anakin, striking down a Jedi. This could be done well or horribly, and it should be a big deal. Then there'd be some sort of epilogue montage, of ahsoka in hiding (since i really doubt they'll kill her), and maybe even end it hopefully, flash-fowarding to the beginning of the new republic (which would be really neat to see for just a moment in animation), and many jedi, including her, coming out of hiding. Some sort of final speech, and end. This is all speculation that won't happen, but just an example of an approach.

Of course ,they could throw something totally unexpected at us. Like end it with an alternate universe episode, showing the republic flourishing. Or maybe just ending it, which is sadly not that unlikely. It might just end up a collection of stories. Which would be fine, but i'd like more.

What would you like to see happen? When?

As Swashbucklingjedi indicated, there's a relatively recent thread already on this subject. -BC

2. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    An epilogue season between 3 and 4 following Ahsoka in hiding would be pretty sweet, slicing up Stormtroopers and maybe getting involved with the Rebel Alliance in some of their early campaigns.

3. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    yeah i think her character is wasted if she dies before that...

4. DarthPhilosopher

DarthPhilosopher Chosen One star 6

Jan 23, 2011
    Not trying to be rude or anything, but isn?t there already a thread for this?

5. Loupgarou

Loupgarou Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 19, 2010
    I don't think so, as i said there is one about Ahsoka, but not about the series ending. It's just that the two are likely connected, so the conversation is bound to be slanted towards discussion of her.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    this is just the thread [face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.