main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA When is the best time for you to attend OFFICIAL meetings?

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by amaunet, Jul 3, 2006.

?

When is the best time for you to attend OFFICIAL meetings?

Poll closed Jul 13, 2006.
  1. Middle of the week 7pm-ish

60.0%
  2. Saturday Morning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Saturday Afternoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Saturday Evening

40.0%
  5. Sunday Morning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Sunday Afternoon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Sunday Evening

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    Because it has come to my attention that the "Official" meeting day and time IS an issue with some of the members, I would like to see a show of hands as to who would prefer which day for our OFFICIAL MEETINGS. DO NOT Feel that you must pick one of these choices. If you would like to suggest something else, please do so.

Also, please post if you have comments.

2. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Saturday evenings will be pretty good for me.

3. StrangeWings

StrangeWings Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    Due to my wifes changing schedule it is hard for me to nail down a specific time that is best. So I will not vote. The only advantage of weekends for me is more likley to get a free babysitter...in laws.

4. amaunet

amaunet Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 7, 2002
    10 days and THREE VOTES...

Well looks like the meetings will move to SATURDAYS after the July meeting as those responsible enough to take a moment to vote want saturdays or have voiced that Saturdays might be a little better.

Anyone have a preference on which saturday it should be (thinking of setting a specific schedule a la the "third saturday")? Also, what time in the evening (between 5 and 9pm) would be best?

5. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Three votes hardly makes a majority and I think we have talked this to death elsewhere. I am not going to sit here and pretend to understand what your position as City Rep really is and what kind of command structure is used but from experience good leaders tend to trust those around them to handle the normal issues that arise and tend to be more of a guide. That is not to say that there are times when a decision has to be made and it is made for the benefit of all (or at least the majority) those in a group. I do not think there was a large turn out for this vote for the simple fact that this issue has been gone over and over to the point of making me sick and I have only been on this board for a few months. Joe did a great job of just trying to put a deal together for us to hang out and get to know each other and it has gone well and expanded in to a regular thing. The only one who seems to have an issue with the buffets or for that matter any of the Tuesday meeting deal is you. This gives me concern as the majority have spoken, met and enjoyed good company, and are meeting again with hopefully more in attendance. As I have said before, changing the structure of the monthly meets at this point will do more to harm then help in the future growth of this event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.