main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX When is the next FF meeting??

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Depa_Billada, May 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    i been waiting to go to anoither one. since i had my baby a few weeks ago, i can now go and enjoy them again. i miss them. they are always fun, and great people to hang out with. maybe i can have myself a drink too. :p
    Dog and Duck kicks butt.

2. neumera

neumera Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2000
    the next meeting will be on Saturday June 1st and I thought we might all go see AOTC instead of meeting at the D&D. We'll see.

-Anne

3. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    Yeah! Let's all got se the film together again. It would be cool crashing a theatre with about 20 or more of us!

4. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Oh HELL YEAH!!!!! *L* I've only seen it once and I promised my son I'd wait to see it again with him. I'm sure he'd love to come with, as well as his G/F and her little boy!
    I've never seen a movie like this in a big crowd of crazy fans. It should be so awesome!!!!!!

There is a mall theater that no one seems to know is playing AOTC, perhaps we can go there and just take over the joint! *L*

Besides, my birthday is the 4th and this would be such a cool way to celebrate it! I'll even make hubby come too! *L*

5. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    ok cool, i get my gallbladder surgery done on wednesday and hopefully the force will be with me, and i'll be able to go hang out with you all again. always a good time to watch AOTC.

oh, is everyone bringing their kids? cuz i my baby has been with me to see AOTC twice and was asleep the whole time...even with people cheering in the theatre opening day lol

6. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    I'll bring Adam and maybe one of his friends depending on which theatre we go to.

7. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Oops. I forgot, my son and his G/f will be in L.A. that weekend. I'll bring hubby down with me. Which theater are we going to, which show and are we going to go someplace else afterwards and sit and discuss it? *S*

8. Kimbote

Kimbote Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    I'd like to suggest a regular meeting at D&D followed by a screening of AOTC for those who wish to catch it again.

I'd love to catch up with everyone. Bring pictures from C2, the Gateway line, etc. Be a little social before the movie. As for myself, I've seen the movie 6 times already so I'm a little less anxious about catching it again so soon. ;) But I'd be more than happy to help coordinate the movie - Barton Creek Cinemark gets my vote for the best theater in Austin.

-Brian

9. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    I've never been to a fan force meeting and I probably wont for a while at least. If the meetings this Saturday, I probably can't make it. I may be working.

10. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Now meeting first and catching up sounds like an excellent idea. Then those who want to, take off and head for the movie!

All my pics are on a CD. Anne, does your Laptop play CD's?

Ya'll just let me know when and where and I'll be there. *S*

11. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Actually, if no one objects, let's see the movie first and THEN go to the Dog & Duck for discussion. There will be more to talk about AFTER we refresh our minds with the plot (I've only seen it 3 times mind you and I'm already forgetting stuff.)

I also suggest the Gateway because it has the best sound and the best line memories. Around 11 or noon? then we can chow afterwards.

Sound like a winner?

-Anne

12. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    If we're going to see it at Gateway, we should hang out somewhere close to there instead of caravaning all the way down to D&D. There is a decent Mexican place called "On the Boarder" with a large outdoor seating area just across the freeway.

13. Kimbote

Mar 15, 2002
    Unfortunately, On the Border is no longer in business at that location ... or any other location that I'm aware of. When I was last in the Arboreteum (about 45 days ago), no other restaurant had taken up the lease at that location.

-Brian

14. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    so . . . you're saying that was a bad idea? ;)

What other places are close to Gateway that would be good for 10-20 people to talk about SW for an hour or two?

15. Kimbote

Mar 15, 2002
    That's actually a tough call considering that we tend to get both loud and geeky at times ... another reason why the "in" at Dog & Duck is always a plus.

My best suggestion is the Hangtown Grill on Jollyville Road. It's on the NE corner of the Jollyville & Great Hills Trail. That's south of the old Great Hills 8 movie theater and PF Chang's.

I thought about borrowing my company's digital projector again since we'll likely have lots of digital pics to show off. Hard to get everyone around Anne's laptop (or anyone else's for that matter) and hear the story behind the picture. Might just be too much of a logistical nightmare to worry about at this time. But something to keep in mind for future meetings.

16. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    Oooh! Hang Town - I LOVE Hang Town. There used to be one across from TFB on 29th Street and I used to go there all the time. Do they have an outside seating area there? We can all sit on the patio or something. I've never been to that location.

-Anne

17. neumera

Nov 26, 2000
    P.S. Let's decide this today so I can send the email out to the list.

18. Kimbote

Mar 15, 2002
    Yes, that location (Arboretum) of Hangtown Grill has an outdoor section which is why I suggested it. Just forgot to mention it in my writeup. :)

How about showtimes? Assuming that Regal Gateway 16 holds the same times for Saturday as they do this week, there is one at exactly 11:00am. The other options are 10:30 and 12:00.

19. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    my vote is for 1030, the earlier the better :)

20. RogueMonkey

RogueMonkey Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    Unfortunately HangTown is no longer open at that location. I tried to go by there about a month ago and it was shut down. :(

-Grant

21. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    If we watch the movie before the meeting, I won't make it because we are going out of town. :( But its cool, whatever y'all decide is cool. :)

Big Chris

22. DarthBarf

Oct 21, 2001
    there is an iron cactus right around the corner from gateway, but I doubt they have outdoor seating and they may be a bit on the pricey side

23. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Nov 30, 2001
    is anything open anymore?? :p

24. Grendelbob

Grendelbob Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2000
    remember that Z-Tejas is only across the street, and I believe Trace is working that day.

25. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, I forgot about Z-Tejas..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.